Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

12' GT500 vs. Kawasaki ZX6

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I said pick on... not whoop up on. I will have to see how I do at that power level..plans are to cut some weight too. I would go pick on a UGR Lambo too.. doesn't mean I would win.

It will be interesting to see how 750rwhp will do against different bikes. Friend of mine with the Hayabusa and I are going to play around to zee how bad he beats me now and see the difference after all the mods.
You'll be counting bus and train lengths
Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

It will be interesting to see how 750rwhp will do against different bikes.
I wish you lived within reasonable driving distance.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beans
I wish you lived within reasonable driving distance.
Yeah I seem to live in the middle of "nobody wants to race town"
Old 05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
You'll be counting bus and train lengths
Yeah I'm sure. Would probably take 900+rwhp to get in busa range. At least at factory weight.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Curious as to why so many assume the GSXR's make the most power. An '04 with filter and slip-on will NOT touch a stock '07 CBR 600RR with equal riders. The 07 600RR's made the most power stock of any 600 and held that advantage for 3 years until the Kawi's dynoed slightly higher, but gave up some power in the midrange where the CBR shines.

Anyway, sorry to distract from the Car vs Bike posts, just always found it weird how people assume the GSXR makes the most power (1000's is a different story for sure - but I don't think any one manufacturer remains uncontested at the top for power and speed).
I never said anything about a gsxr making more power than anyone. Not sure where you read that. The gsxr just so happens to be the bike OP is planning to run, thats why i said what i said.

I said pick on... not whoop up on. I will have to see how I do at that power level..plans are to cut some weight too. I would go pick on a UGR Lambo too.. doesn't mean I would win.

It will be interesting to see how 750rwhp will do against different bikes. Friend of mine with the Hayabusa and I are going to play around to zee how bad he beats me now and see the difference after all the mods.
Too bad your not closer. This is my buddies bike he went 218 mph on GPS in the 9/10th. It would take a crazy gt500 to run with that.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
Too bad your not closer. This is my buddies bike he went 218 mph on GPS in the 9/10th. It would take a crazy gt500 to run with that.
In the 9/10th?

Run out of gear?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beans
In the 9/10th?

Run out of gear?
Im guessing 9/10 of a mile? i think so, not too sure.

All i know is him and his tuner who also tunes honda have several bikes that have gone over 2xxmph.

His old CBR1000RR went just over 200mph.

Im not to sure about how they do the bike racing down here or what not but i know this forsure because ive heard them talk about it.

Last edited by adamantium; 05-02-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Theres a difference between being ignorant and basing what you say off of pure skepticism and just saying its not going to happen, and someone saying its not going to happen because they KNOW what both the bike and car are capable of.

Those bikes are high 120 mph bikes when riden and tuned properly. Down here it took a 4xxwhp srt4 to take down a properly riden CBR600 from a ******* 60 roll, the CBR has a slip on i think and a k&n.

Not going to happen unless you have some serious mods or you take advantage of him being a shitty rider/fatass or a high roll. But taking a W like that is like winning the handicap olympics.

Stock they make around the same power as the GSXR your going to race, if not less.
I never said anything about a gsxr making more power than anyone. Not sure where you read that. The gsxr just so happens to be the bike OP is planning to run, thats why i said what i said.
Not trying to pick any fights, just a curiousity that I find more often than not.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Not trying to pick any fights, just a curiousity that I find more often than not.
okay? still don't understand where i said that gixxers make more power.

I used two vids of a 2012 CBR600 as an example of what a normal 600 would do to certain cars that are faster then said OP's car.

Then i said that bike (one in the video) most likely makes more than the gixxer OP plans to run, hence why i said the cbr STOCK makes around the same as the gixxer OP is trying to run, which has mods....

I never said anything about gixers making the most power.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol I wouldn't be too confident against a literbike with only 750rwhp...and playing with Busa's and 14s at that power level is bat **** crazy .

Originally Posted by evangto87
Kawi makes the most power...

FWIW Kawi was the first to follow the new updated exhaust noise laws for 07, which explains their artificially low numbers in 07. There is literally a blockoff valve in the mid pipe, under the seat and before the muffler, that CLOSES as the rpm's rise to quiet the exhaust. Disabling that ("AKA Jumpermod") is good for 5-7hp and puts it neck and neck with the top dynoing bikes of that era. My 07 zx6r made 106hp with just a jumpermod.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No ones going to waste there gas to drive up to run a bolt on gt500, we have plenty of those down here.

I could careless about the outcome, I honestly posted because my mind=blown from how delusional/hard headed you are, even after several bike owners have entered and chimed in.

How about this, you can take your $50 and fold them into an origami **** and shove it up your ***.

Cliffs of your thread for others reading.
  • OP beats mid 11xmph bike by 3 cars or so and posts kill here
  • Members chime in on how slow the bike is
  • OP refuses to believe
  • several bike owners come in and show evidence to how slow bike is
  • OP thinks he will beat a more powerful/newer bike because his buttdyno says so.
^^^End of thread
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

A newer 750 will chop u off. Even when u get it to 750whp it will still win.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Hayabusas are no joke. I DO know of a GT500 that does the standing mile at 220.8moh though.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
Lol I wouldn't be too confident against a literbike with only 750rwhp...and playing with Busa's and 14s at that power level is bat **** crazy .

FWIW Kawi was the first to follow the new updated exhaust noise laws for 07, which explains their artificially low numbers in 07. There is literally a blockoff valve in the mid pipe, under the seat and before the muffler, that CLOSES as the rpm's rise to quiet the exhaust. Disabling that ("AKA Jumpermod") is good for 5-7hp and puts it neck and neck with the top dynoing bikes of that era. My 07 zx6r made 106hp with just a jumpermod.
Yeah nkg sure the 750 would be enough for liter bikes. But should be good for the 600s and 750s.

BTW my 06 600 had an exhaust valve too.. they called it a SET valve. But I though it was supposed to help with the low end power. A lot of guys were disabling them and sticking them wide open all the time
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

Hayabusas are no joke. I DO know of a GT500 that does the standing mile at 220.8moh though.
Whats the setup? This bike should do 230 something in the mile.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Whats the setup? This bike should do 230 something in the mile.
Its a built motor big charger car. Believe it makes 1100+rwhp 1100ftlb tq. I'll see if I can link up the video of his Texas mile run
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

The car is actually a convertible but fitted with a hardtop.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by topendrunner
A newer 750 will chop u off. Even when u get it to 750whp it will still win.
I guess we shall find out soon enough
Old 05-02-2013, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Do you ever run at mooresville?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by topendrunner
Do you ever run at mooresville?
I plan to some this coming season. Mooresville is a VERY good hooking track... almost "break stuff" good.

Getting my clutch in, and some slick mounted and hope to make it up there to get some times with my current setup before next round of mods.

When are their test and tune days? I'm a 2nd shifter, so will be hard to run during the week. Maybe a saturday or sunday if they run then.

Quick Reply: 12' GT500 vs. Kawasaki ZX6