Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Race Result: STi vs 24x T/A

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Race Result: STi vs 24x T/A

Ok so im far from a bench racer, rarely ever post in this section but I need some closure I guess. Last night me and my buddy did a highway pull and the results kinda shocked me.

Little about the cars first, his is an 07 STi with intake, Invidia exhaust, and a cobb port with the "stage 1" tune. Mine has the mods in the signature, cars went 13.1@107 on street tires spinning to the 60, havent had a chance to run it with a slick yet. My motors a low compression boost ready motor so I lost some power by going with the dish piston. Formato had the car putting down around 340hp but I believe we left a little on the tabel because it had a bad crank sensor when it was tuned that was causing some issues.

Well last night after leaving dinner my buddy pulls up next to me in this STi. We slow down to about a 40 just playing around and i let him jump on me. I couldnt tell how hard he got in it because my car drowns it out but I was pedaling and never got above 4 grand. I walked about 2 cars on him in no time. I figured he wasnt in it hard either. After we got back though our friend who was riding with him though informed me he was indeed in it all the way. He says he wasnt but its kinda up in the air. I was convinced prior that he should pull me.

I know its bench racing at this point and theres no one answer but some insite into this would be great. Shouldnt an awd car pushing close to the same power and less weight walk on my setup?

Let me know what you guys think... Starting to believe maybe this things faster than im giving it credit for
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cars should be close but with a jump and you spinning, he either is a bad driver or your car is a lot healthier than you think. Those cars have short gearing so they don't sit in their powerband very long.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sti's are lame. good kill!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by raoul-duke
sti's are lame. Good kill!
+1...
Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Teching In

you have quite a few more mods than he does, hes not close to pushing 340 whp with just an intake, exhaust and stage 1 tune
but good kill man!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxplusten
Ok so im far from a bench racer, rarely ever post in this section but I need some closure I guess. Last night me and my buddy did a highway pull and the results kinda shocked me.

Little about the cars first, his is an 07 STi with intake, Invidia exhaust, and a cobb port with the "stage 1" tune. Mine has the mods in the signature, cars went 13.1@107 on street tires spinning to the 60, havent had a chance to run it with a slick yet. My motors a low compression boost ready motor so I lost some power by going with the dish piston. Formato had the car putting down around 340hp but I believe we left a little on the tabel because it had a bad crank sensor when it was tuned that was causing some issues.

Well last night after leaving dinner my buddy pulls up next to me in this STi. We slow down to about a 40 just playing around and i let him jump on me. I couldnt tell how hard he got in it because my car drowns it out but I was pedaling and never got above 4 grand. I walked about 2 cars on him in no time. I figured he wasnt in it hard either. After we got back though our friend who was riding with him though informed me he was indeed in it all the way. He says he wasnt but its kinda up in the air. I was convinced prior that he should pull me.

I know its bench racing at this point and theres no one answer but some insite into this would be great. Shouldnt an awd car pushing close to the same power and less weight walk on my setup?

Let me know what you guys think... Starting to believe maybe this things faster than im giving it credit for
2 things.

1, no... it shouldn't walk on your set up. Weight, roll speed, etc all count. AWD loses more power due to drivetrain but has a better average* advantage off the line.

2. He's not pushing close to the same power you are. Those things are turds even in stage 2.

*depending on driver
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Teching In

cobb stage 1 tune is like doing a superchip on a standard v8 vehicle, he maby got 8-20hp from the tune, as far as the intake folks not running FMIC usually dont do this because the factory intake sucks in plenty, the K&n intake is abnout 16 horses (dyno proven) w/ FMIC, so his CAI should be around there. Turbo back about 20 depending on its bend quality. So in the end, YES you should have pulled on him, and you could take him from a dig also, he'll get you until about 60 then you'll catch up and pass before 90. (assuming your tires arent bald). He would have to be full upgrades and a stage II+ tune w/supporting mods to pull on you.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

gonna try to set up another run with him this weekend
Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

He is not pushing anywhere near the power you are on stg 1 Accessport reflash. Thats like 315 if i remember correctly. He would have to change DP and get tuned on a dyno.

Quick Reply: Race Result: STi vs 24x T/A