Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ported/pullied 03 Cobra vs HCI LS1

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard a bit of horror stories about evi, one guy I personally know went thru 2 4l60's because they didn't know how to tune it right.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unit213
I need to get my junk together so I can get a few runs in with you guys.
Hells yeah, get it together and pm or something we can set some stuff up.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Hells yeah, get it together and pm or something we can set some stuff up.
My ls3 camaro is ready to run and i'm in southeast Mi.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Throw Greddy a pm BODUKE...you guys are only a few miles apart, and then let me know so I can join the fun too
Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Throw Greddy a pm BODUKE...you guys are only a few miles apart, and then let me know so I can join the fun too
Will do!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
For you guys yakkin about a tune...

Adam's right... It don't matter to a good tuner what they are tuning....honda's, supra's, subie's, Mitsu's....it don't really matter if they are good. My car was the first ls car that Franz tuned and he's only done about 3 to date. if the guy knows what he's doin and has experience then he can figure out how to manipulate the software and he'll know how it interpolates from one table to the next. The same guy will probably tune my termi notch if we can get some software for it. The biggest benefit to a tuner is a good dyno.......look at the dyno. If it's a loaded dyno like the Dyno Dynamics Franz has then you will get a better tune. He can choose the rate of his samples that way instead of just blow threw them like a dynojet. Since I have started making changes again to my car we have picked up 30+tq(actually probably near 40tq) threw the middle by being able to go full throttle 4000rpm(example) and stay at 4000rpm at full throttle and of course part throttle.

While I agree 100% about the load bearing dyno; I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for someone to try and tune my car.

I am not a tuner, but I know from talking to a lot of people that do tune Cobra's that they have a lot of features in their tune that a lot of tuners are not aware of or have never used. I know of several people that have had their cars tuned by someone that is an excellent tuner for another brand, and their cars have ate themselves. When they took them to a reputable Cobra/Ford tuner it was discovered that the previous tuner had either turned off functions (FRPS) or had put the wrong data/numbers (fuel pump voltage) or in the case of my car when I bought it, too much timing for the boost I was running on pump gas.

I'm just trying to bring something to LS1tech, since you have said that I don't contribute anything
Old 04-29-2013, 02:38 AM
Now you have my attention

The classic LS1tech race.

Good runs.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yep hondas ranging from 210whp all the way up to 860whp . Yeah my bolt on LS1 is the only LSx ive owned, its been a year since ive owned it so far.

So apparently the only people on this planet that do part throttle/drivability tunes, are livernoise and they charge $900.

You must know it all!

Im sure you've had your car tuned by everyone. Pat G, veangeance, lashway, masport, slohawk, tick performance, frost, shortuning, bluecat, RPM, etc... You know what they all have to offer!
Great next time i go to tune my car ill PM you and ask who gives me the most bang for the buck. notsrs.

All heater does it post passive aggressive jabs at everyone. Literally contributes to this forum as much as a guy with no ***** contributes to humanity. Nothing.
I had my G8 tuned bu Pat G. Great guy and he spent about 5 hours on dyno. Then we took on street where he spent another 3 hours or so making sure shift points was right, down shifts, etc etc.

My mustang was tuned by a guy that does mostly Termi's/Gt500 and 4.6's. But he took time and my car has a lot dyno time. I tried the Best of the world mustang tuner remote tuning and my car ran like crap. Didn't shift right at all and made a lot less power. Its funny my car is living at 700whp on stock engine for over 20k miles. Yet the best in the world has least 6 I know blow up at 600-700whp in last 6 months. Plus two let go with fords new race block making 1100whp + on E85.

Quick Reply: ported/pullied 03 Cobra vs HCI LS1