Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 new PB and new 3.7l N/A Record!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 new PB and new 3.7l N/A Record!

My dad and I made it back to VMP last night for the Street Wars and TnT event. We also invited another 3.7 guy from MD who claimed to be the n/a king with a 12.77 time, auto car, with less mods then me or dad.

Well, most of the guys on other forums were skeptical of the claims, and the videos he had posted. After last night, well, ya'll will see the runs. He claims he was spinning soooo bad, that's why he was running 13.20's all night. The vid shows otherwise.

Also, his car weighed 3500#, dads was 3525#, and mine was 3555#, with drivers, fwiw.

We did not get dad's first/best pass on video because my brother had not shown up yet, and I was in the lanes with dad. But the new n/a record for our cars is now a 12.63 @ 108.86mph. I'm #2 now with a 12.71 @ 109.5mph. I'm skeptical of my trap, as most of the night I was 106-107mph, but taking what the slip says!

Here's a quick vid I threw together last night. 4am after the 2hr drive, so cut me some slack. No music either because I can't figure out how to add songs while keeping the vid viewable from mobile devices.

Thanks for reading and watching!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

good runs man , im impressed with your times , cool to see you did it with your dad
Old 04-27-2013, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

crazy how good these 6cyl stangs are running..still sound like a5#@! though
Old 04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Launching!

did the black one have a 5.0 badge.
those are very impressive for 6 cyl
Old 04-27-2013, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Why is this even here? Who cares about six banger Mustangs on this sight??
Old 04-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Why is this even here? Who cares about six banger Mustangs on this sight??
If you don't like it.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not all of us are only GM nutswingers, that's why. ^^^

Nice runs guys! Ford has come a long ways.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by automach1
If you don't like it.
Why don't you leave troll with slow car?

This is the street racing section. Not track section.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

Why don't you leave troll with slow car?

This is the street racing section. Not track section.
Still waiting for you to come prove it. Doesn't matter still better then the stupid **** that gets posted on a daily basis.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Say what you will about these cars, but this is the street racing section on a chevrolet website. I don't see how this is relevant.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, so new rule....only Chevrolet cars can post on this site. No pontiacs, no Fords, definitely no imports. This is a GM specific forum (LS1s preferably since it is technically LS1tech) full of guys who are GM nuthuggers with zero interest in anything NON GM.

Almost looks like theres some that are having a tough time accepting the fact that a V6Stang can pull better ETS than 90% of the cars on this site, lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still waiting for you to come prove it. Doesn't matter still better then the stupid **** that gets posted on a daily basis.

I did prove it by time slips and videos with just bolt ons. Run 10s and trap 130ish and you will be worth to race. I might even change my sig so you see what I really have and unlike you I did it with stock wheels and no poweradder. You are nothing but a mouth running 12s with an over 500 HP car after years of preaching how great 4 valves are comparing LSs. Now get lost troll with a 50 IQ that looks like it as well.

As mentioned its the street section on a GM sight. I have no problem with a V6 Mustang and the ones in the video run very well. I simply asked why is it here and stated people here would not be interested. I am not a GM nut swinger by any means.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Wow, so new rule....only Chevrolet cars can post on this site. No pontiacs, no Fords, definitely no imports. This is a GM specific forum (LS1s preferably since it is technically LS1tech) full of guys who are GM nuthuggers with zero interest in anything NON GM.

Almost looks like theres some that are having a tough time accepting the fact that a V6Stang can pull better ETS than 90% of the cars on this site, lol.
I love all cars, this is simply an inappropriate post.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Banned

I did prove it by time slips and videos with just bolt ons. Run 10s and trap 130ish and you will be worth to race. I might even change my sig so you see what I really have and unlike you I did it with stock wheels and no poweradder. You are nothing but a mouth running 12s with an over 500 HP car after years of preaching how great 4 valves are comparing LSs. Now get lost troll with a 50 IQ that looks like it as well.

As mentioned its the street section on a GM sight. I have no problem with a V6 Mustang and the ones in the video run very well. I simply asked why is it here and stated people here would not be interested. I am not a GM nut swinger by any means.
Time slips and videos are not racing. Don't bench race your way out of a race.Now I am not worth your time You said your Camaro could drag my car down the road from a roll and yet so far it has not happend. As far as a 4v it has went faster then lsx anything so that is all that needs to be said about that topic. So you are judging my looks now? Homo much?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cory1750
I love all cars, this is simply an inappropriate post.
I apologize of I'm out of line. Just don't see what all the hub-bub is about. I've actually ran with the guys at couple of test-n-tunes. Really good guys, very dedicated to the sport. They wouldn't post in here simply to stir muddy water.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did prove it by time slips and videos with just bolt ons. Run 10s and trap 130ish and you will be worth to race.

You are nothing but a mouth running 12s with an over 500 HP

Time slips and videos are not racing. Don't bench race your way out of a race.

You said your Camaro could drag my car down the road from a roll

As far as a 4v it has went faster then lsx anything so that is all that needs to be said about that topic.
AutoMach, what exactly are you saying? That you can pull him from a roll? What are you trapping and ETing? It looks like he is at least a full second faster than you so far, sooo yea. Roll or not, you gonna lose that one brother.

Please elaborate on the 4V going faster than any LSx thing. I haven't dug up the records or anything, so please enlighten me cause I'm pretty sure the sky's the limit for both.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Time slips and videos are not racing. Don't bench race your way out of a race.Now I am not worth your time You said your Camaro could drag my car down the road from a roll and yet so far it has not happend. As far as a 4v it has went faster then lsx anything so that is all that needs to be said about that topic. So you are judging my looks now? Homo much?

My car went low 10s at 130 plus n/a. How is that bench racing? Yours went low 12s with more cams and a power adders with aftermarket weheels. My car would skull **** you as would my Supra and Mustang. Now get lost and stop posting nonsense. If you would stop trolling and get a second job maybe you can get enough money to get an bigger blower for that joke of a car.

Who cares about race cars. 4 valves are slower than LS1 Fbodies stock to stock. With bolt ons the gap gets larger. Not only that when you get beyond bolt ons its cheaper,easier and easier to run the numbers with. When you are at a street racing location or at the track how many fast 4 valves do you see? Not many if any. How many LSs? A lot? Why do aftermarket companies make more cams,heads,blowers than the 4 valve stuff???? I have built up 4 valves unlike you. Camming a 4 valve is a total PITA in regards to install and cost. You had a POS Mach that couldn't even get in the 11s with spray and no interior. I ran 11s with stock gears,stock wheels and bolt ons at full weight. Show me a 4 valve that can do that-you couldn't even with a blower.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're being a little harsh on the 4V, Mike. Far from being a POS imo. Granted, an LS is easier to run 11s, etc with. They are not totally hopeless. Here's an old mustangforum buddy of mine back when I had my Mach. He came close to 11s without a whole hell of a lot done.. pretty sure he ended up running 12.1

Old 04-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
AutoMach, what exactly are you saying? That you can pull him from a roll? What are you trapping and ETing? It looks like he is at least a full second faster than you so far, sooo yea. Roll or not, you gonna lose that one brother.

Please elaborate on the 4V going faster than any LSx thing. I haven't dug up the records or anything, so please enlighten me cause I'm pretty sure the sky's the limit for both.
I am not saying anything but for him to show up and race like he said he would.

4v has been low 6s with stock parts. Lsx is still a good bit behind using aftermarket parts such as billet blocks, billet cranks, heads etc...
Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am not saying anything but for him to show up and race like he said he would.

4v has been low 6s with stock parts. Lsx is still a good bit behind using aftermarket parts such as billet blocks, billet cranks, heads etc...
I hear ya, but you must be aware that he's going to put a hurting on ya, no?

Yea, not sure about a 4V running low 6s on stock internals...vids, articles, etc?

Quick Reply: 2 new PB and new 3.7l N/A Record!