Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013 | 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
The only people who race from 100 rolls are 1000whp supras. 100+roll is NOT a legitimate race. Really roll racing in general is kinda cheating the system but I understand the inability to hook on street tires and I do mostly roll races because I like my transmission in one piece. But to start at 100 is just asinine.
Why do you care so much?? It was just a silly street race. How many times are you going to bring up the 100mph roll thing? Roll racing is roll racing. Stop acting like he broke a ''street racing law'' by racing this bike from a 100mph.
Old 05-08-2013 | 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Razor01Z28
Why do you care so much?? It was just a silly street race. How many times are you going to bring up the 100mph roll thing? Roll racing is roll racing. Stop acting like he broke a ''street racing law'' by racing this bike from a 100mph.
Because he keeps bringing it up. And yeah, its just a silly street race. But its in the street racing forum, so guess what? Its relevant. If we ignored all the "silly street racing" business in this particular subsection it'd be a ghost town in here. Why do I care so much? Because he's trying to validate himself and his car by using an example that is just absolutely retarded to use.
Old 05-08-2013 | 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by callmedoc
For the 50th time, keep the context of my run in my OP; a 100 mph roll. The other run I had against an Yamaha R6 was an 80 mph roll and it wasnt until 120mph that I pulled away from him. My point the entire 11 pages of this thread was 600cc bikes have a tough time with my C6 from a high speed roll. No doubt most bikes are fast off the line or from a 1st gear roll.
So bikes have trouble with your car after you guys are well past your appropriate trap speeds. Congratulations. Im going to start racing high stalled 4.10 geared fbodies from 80 rolls and claiming victorious on the internet.
Old 05-08-2013 | 05:26 PM
Banned

Because he keeps bringing it up. And yeah, its just a silly street race. But its in the street racing forum, so guess what? Its relevant. If we ignored all the "silly street racing" business in this particular subsection it'd be a ghost town in here. Why do I care so much? Because he's trying to validate himself and his car by using an example that is just absolutely retarded to use.
LOL. Are you a ******* woman?? You sure sound like one. You're blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. What's absolutely retarded is how worked up you're getting about some random guy on the internet being proud that his Vette managed to beat a few sports bikes.
Old 05-08-2013 | 05:28 PM
Banned

So bikes have trouble with your car after you guys are well past your appropriate trap speeds. Congratulations. Im going to start racing high stalled 4.10 geared fbodies from 80 rolls and claiming victorious on the internet.
It must be that time of the month...
Old 05-08-2013 | 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dammit man. Everyone always has these roll racing opinions,...and frankly if you haven't experienced a high hp car on the street,...or you drive an AWD car,..you probably will just never truly understand. Personally, I will race from a dig, 5 mph roll, or 110mph roll.... if you can do it, what does it matter? @800wheel two years ago, My car hooked pretty good on a DR from 35mph but, on a non dr, (335series tires) @ 145mph I have had wheel spin in 4t/5th gears....outta no where.

..don't knock it till ya try it. The way I see it, someone rolls along side you, wherever you are,..@ whatever speed,or stop light, it's game on.

That's how it's supposed to be. Not all this bitching ****.
Old 05-08-2013 | 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dammit man. Everyone always has these roll racing opinions,...and frankly if you haven't experienced a high hp car on the street,...or you drive an AWD car,..you probably will just never truly understand. Personally, I will race from a dig, 5 mph roll, or 110mph roll.... if you can do it, what does it matter? @800wheel two years ago, My car hooked pretty good on a DR from 35mph but, on a non dr, (335series tires) @ 145mph I have had wheel spin in 4t/5th gears....outta no where.

..don't knock it till ya try it. The way I see it, someone rolls along side you, wherever you are,..@ whatever speed,or stop light, it's game on.

That's how it's supposed to be. Not all this bitching ****.
That's the way I see it too.
Old 05-08-2013 | 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12

Under 3 on the street? That is a nicely set up car. That would be a 1.5-1.6 60', lot of cars have a hard time hitting that on the track.
Damn close! At the track I was 1.6 to 1.7 consistently. Went 7.64@92mph in the 1/8 at Shadyside. I worked out a few problems that made the car quicker but never tracked it after that.
Old 05-08-2013 | 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

A 1.6-1.7 60' at the track is not going to do 0-60 in under 3 on the street. My car did 0-60 in 2.7 on a 1.60 60' at the track. Exact same setup on the street with lower tire pressure and softer front suspension I couldn't get my 0-60 below 3.5
Old 05-08-2013 | 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
A 1.6-1.7 60' at the track is not going to do 0-60 in under 3 on the street. My car did 0-60 in 2.7 on a 1.60 60' at the track. Exact same setup on the street with lower tire pressure and softer front suspension I couldn't get my 0-60 below 3.5
The slicks I had on at the time were not drag slicks. They were freebies from the local stock car track. I firmly believe they had better grip on the road than at the drag strip, and my toasted cluch would agree with me. Because they were free and I had a pile of them I went on a burnout spree. After they were warmed up from driving around they wouldn't budge on the street, with a good cool fresh clutch. I never made it past the first set. Not to mention I had designed my suspension with a literal ton of anti squat. I wanted good traction on regular cheap street tires when I built it, and the effect was compounded with stickier rubber. The old G-tec pro flashed a 2.3 0-60 one night but I thought it was bullshit because the front end lifted and I found it hanging by one suction cup after that launch.
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

So you had different tires on for the street? I guess with big enough tires anything is possible. Sub 3 sec 0-60 on the street is damn impressive.
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Razor01Z28
My post count to member duration ratio is much higher than yours is bro. You've been here for 4 years and only have 35 posts.

And like post count has anything to do with anything here anyway.
Did you read your first post to this thread? You have to be a jerk-off to respond that way to someones thread right off the bat. You must have a shi**y life or been tormented your whole life to respond to someone you dont't know that way. On top of it, you drive an A4 GTO that would get crapped on by my Vette.

The only people who race from 100 rolls are 1000whp supras. 100+roll is NOT a legitimate race. Really roll racing in general is kinda cheating the system but I understand the inability to hook on street tires and I do mostly roll races because I like my transmission in one piece. But to start at 100 is just asinine.
You have to be kidding me right? A street race is a street race. You line up at whatever speed your at and you gun it together. Whoever wins, wins. But that's right, you drive an Evo that has no ***** over a 100 mph and probably gets dumped on by grandmas V6 camry in the triple digits.
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
So you had different tires on for the street? I guess with big enough tires anything is possible. Sub 3 sec 0-60 on the street is damn impressive.
Same slicks. They just seemed to haze a bit at the track where they stuck like anchors on the street. I was looking into getting a mini tub job to get them all the way under the car at one point.

Here's a track vid.

Old 05-08-2013 | 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
Why Rockingham? Aren't you in VA? Come to Fayetteville instead. Better track prep and probably closer to you.
who me? I am right outside of Charlotte. about 1.5hr drive for me to rockingham. I think Fayetteville would be a good haul for me.
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A good haul is an understatement lol, I think Fayetteville would be ball park 6-7hrs
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Monzsta
Damn close! At the track I was 1.6 to 1.7 consistently. Went 7.64@92mph in the 1/8 at Shadyside. I worked out a few problems that made the car quicker but never tracked it after that.
Another local! Hopefully will be able to make it out there again soon. most likely Sunday T&T. Yell at me if you are there. Black Shelby
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by callmedoc
Did you read your first post to this thread? You have to be a jerk-off to respond that way to someones thread right off the bat. You must have a shi**y life or been tormented your whole life to respond to someone you dont't know that way. On top of it, you drive an A4 GTO that would get crapped on by my Vette.
I'll bet you alot of money on the outcome but you never will drive up here. So:

I will offer $100 to any GTO in your area that is similiar to mine to race you. Any of you Texas guy know someone with a nicely built 402-408ci stalled auto GTO? Make that $150 because I want this dude shut up.

And for the record Mr. Intern, I AM an ******* sometimes. I have that privilege. Know why? Because I can. As far as my personal life, I got a life that 99.99% of guys wish they had. Beautiful, talented, intelligent, charismatic wife and 4 kids that are simply amazing. Oldest is in Afghanistan. Why in Afghanistan? Because he decided that as a Democrat he had to have that experience on the front lines in order to be president some day, so he kept pushing and volunteering in his reserve PhsyOps unit until they let him go- he had to put his college courses on hold but he will be returning. Oldest daughter WILL be a veterinarian. Other two? Don't know yet, it's there choice.

Got a great job paying me for what I know, not what I can do. Really nice house in a really nice area that I've always wanted to live in. All toys and vehicles payed off because I take care of my debts first and foremost. I can go on if you really want to go deep into my world, but you will lose.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 05-08-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Another local! Hopefully will be able to make it out there again soon. most likely Sunday T&T. Yell at me if you are there. Black Shelby
Sounds good to me! I'll be on street tires with a mostly stock T/A (ebay headers, ORY, tiny stall trailblazer converter, lid and tune). I'll even wash it so you can stand to be seen near me. lol!
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn I'm seeing more people close by in here than I have in the southern members section lol
Old 05-08-2013 | 10:22 PM
Teching In

Callmedoc sure thinks he has a fast car on his hands... Must not get out much in my neck of the woods.

Quick Reply: Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…