Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you barely pulled a car length on that Vette with almost 100rwhp more? Thanks for proving my point, once again. The GTO will NOT ''absolutely destroy'' the Vette at all.

Here's another Z06 racing a Cobra (same weight as GTO) with a 94rwhp advantage. Guess who wins?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Teching In

I pulled a SOLID three car lengths, giving him the hit. And was still clearly pulling... What video did you watch?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by VT05LS2GOAT
I pulled a SOLID three car lengths, giving him the hit. What video did you watch?
Haha 3 lengths, my ***. That was 1 and a half lengths TOPS. And it looks like all 3 of you took off at the same time.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Now we're comparing mustangs with heat soak prone kenne bells to a stroker GTO? And the higher up we keep going in horsepower, the less the 100hp power difference makes. Again, if you're going to troll, start doing a better job. My race is a good but closer to an apples to apples comparison than yours.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Razor01Z28
Haha 3 lengths, my ***. That was 1 and a half lengths TOPS. And it looks like all 3 of you took off at the same time.
Camera angles can be deceiving. I think I pulled three lengths, if you asked my friend that owned that Z06, to this day he'd say it was closer to 4. I tend to be more modest. My car is also a good bit louder than both of theirs... If I took off at the same time you would have heard it. I gave them the hit every race that night, as the races were more geared towards the Z06 vs GTR
Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Banned

Now we're comparing mustangs with heat soak prone kenne bells to a stroker GTO? And the higher up we keep going in horsepower, the less the 100hp power difference makes. Again, if you're going to troll, start doing a better job. My race is a good but closer to an apples to apples comparison than yours.
Now you're making excuses for the Cobra? It lost the 1st and 2nd runs. 30rwhp higher up is not going to make much of a difference at all either. And how is a TT GTO and a N/A GTO considered anything close to ''apples to apples''?

You didn't beat that Vette by much at all, and that was my point from square one. The stroked GTO is not going to run away from OP's vette like what was claimed.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Now you're making excuses for the Cobra? It lost the 1st and 2nd runs. 30rwhp higher up is not going to make much of a difference at all either. And how is a TT GTO and a N/A GTO considered anything close to ''apples to apples''?

You didn't beat that Vette by much at all, and that was my point from square one. The stroked GTO is not going to run away from OP's vette like what was claimed.
I make 555rwhp on a dynojet through a 6 speed. That's not exactly a number far out of reach for a stroker GTO...

And I'll never make excuses for mustangs. Espescilly not one with a pos kb.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Teching In

Oh wow. I just realized that stroker GTO has gears too. So much for the weight disadvantage being so big now. Hello mechanical advantage to help make up for it.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Banned

Camera angles can be deceiving. I think I pulled three lengths, if you asked my friend that owned that Z06, to this day he'd say it was closer to 4. I tend to be more modest. My car is also a good bit louder than both of theirs... If I took off at the same time you would have heard it. I gave them the hit every race that night, as the races were more geared towards the Z06 vs GTR
I think you pulled 3 all nighters in a row, and are hallucinating, if you actually think that was 3 lengths.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Banned

Oh wow. I just realized that stroker GTO has gears too. So much for the weight disadvantage being so big now. Hello mechanical advantage to help make up for it.
Too bad it got slapped around by a bone stock SRT8 Challenger already. And the Vette is an M6.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Too bad it got slapped around by a bone stock SRT8 Challenger already. And the Vette is an M6.
What's the vettes trans have to do with the GTO's trans?

I have no idea about any race with a challenger. What's the relvance?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how bout instead of bench racing and using vids of cars u dont own ,you use YOUR car and go race something..

bench racing = a vid of a car making whatever and beating whatever...then the next guy will find a vid of a comparible car doing better..and so on and so forth..theres no point in it as there is always going to be a faster car with comparible mods..mostly the driver.

so continue on with the highschool BS if u so choose to
Old 05-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Teching In

I assume you're referring to the troll because I own that GTO and my friends own/owned the other cars in the video I posted.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I heard a rumor that a certain GTO with a certain stroker got slapped around by a bone stock 392 SRT8 Challenger.....but its just a rumor....
With my MAF throwing codes and cutting power above 5200rpm I did barely reel in a stock SRT8 that got the jump on me. Which means you are one of the guys at the dyno shootout that day, and saw my 435rwhp dyno graph with the MAF voltage doing a zigzag from zero to max to zero. I temp fixed that problem by taping up the lower half of my air filter, with a svede CAI on the way for the permanent air cavitation fix. Eventually I'm going to make a SD tune but for now a svede will solve it.

Wouldn't surprise me. Sticks and Stones weighs about 350-400 lbs himself. Fat dudes like fat cars I guess.
You're local to me aren't you. Lets meet up.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

You're local to me aren't you. Lets meet up.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Teching In

This thread is getting a bit asinine; who are these people popping out of the woodwork?. SticksnStones, too much details about your life I didnt need to know about. Unlike you, I wish people the best. Your initial response to this thread was inappropriate and says more about the person you are than you could ever rant about otherwise. I will avoid bragging about my life, how hot my GF is, how much money I make, ect

And you made the claim that you would destroy my "turd" LS2 Z51 6-speed C6....haha. As it turns out, the only true turd is your A4 GTO that does not make nearly the power to beat my 401 whp C6 Z51 6-speed. The A4 is a parasite and has horribly matched gearing for the LS2 (in addition to being a lazy downshifter on street roll races). The Z51 6-speed gearing on the other-hand is where GM actually put their time in, did their homework, and designed gearing perfectly matched trans to the LS2 (which in SOME cases will give a NON-Z51 LS3 C6 a run for it's money).

BTW, this is my Vette (STOCK headers/x-pipe, STOCK tune) making about 40+ whp less than in makes now against my buddies 6-speed SRT8 Challenger. I even MISS GEARS in the 1st and 3rd runs and still smoke the cr*p out of him.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by callmedoc
This thread is getting a bit asinine; who are these people popping out of the woodwork?. SticksnStones, too much details about your life I didnt need to know about. Unlike you, I wish people the best. Your initial response to this thread was inappropriate and says more about the person you are than you could ever rant about otherwise. I will avoid bragging about my life, how hot my GF is, how much money I make, ect

And you made the claim that you would destroy my "turd" LS2 Z51 6-speed C6....haha. As it turns out, the only true turd is your A4 GTO that does not make nearly the power to beat my 401 whp C6 Z51 6-speed. The A4 is a parasite and has horribly matched gearing for the LS2 (in addition to being a lazy downshifter on street roll races). The Z51 6-speed gearing on the other-hand is where GM actually put their time in, did their homework, and designed gearing perfectly matched trans to the LS2 (which in SOME cases will give a NON-Z51 LS3 C6 a run for it's money).

BTW, this is my Vette (STOCK headers/x-pipe, STOCK tune) making about 40+ whp less than in makes now against my buddies 6-speed SRT8 Challenger. I even MISS GEARS in the 1st and 3rd runs and still smoke the cr*p out of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqS0luw-iPU&
Less pics and videos of the boring vette. Howabout dat NSX
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by callmedoc
Did you read your first post to this thread? You have to be a jerk-off to respond that way to someones thread right off the bat. You must have a shi**y life or been tormented your whole life to respond to someone you dont't know that way. On top of it, you drive an A4 GTO that would get crapped on by my Vette.

You have to be kidding me right? A street race is a street race. You line up at whatever speed your at and you gun it together. Whoever wins, wins. But that's right, you drive an Evo that has no ***** over a 100 mph and probably gets dumped on by grandmas V6 camry in the triple digits.

Yeah let me tell ya, that gear limited 160mph sure is hard to get to.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Yeah let me tell ya, that gear limited 160mph sure is hard to get to.
lol Ignorance is bliss right
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Meh. Im used to the general public comparing my car to every pos bolt on evo 8 running the streets. My car will be getting an evo 8 3rd/4th setup whenever it decides to grenade. Debating changing the final drive too, I hate shifting into 5th at barely over 120mph. Im hoping going up to a 26" tire over my current 24's will help a little. Tires are much cheaper than transmissions.

Quick Reply: Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…