Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all BS aside 'doc, I always liked those NSX's and your keeping it low miles I'm sure will pay off at Barrett Jackson: every NSX I know of is or was someones daily driver and got lots of miles on them. Probably twice as hard to find a NSX with less then 20k miles than a C5Z or 911Turbo.

Now back to the **** slinging: with your exact same mods I beat quite a few SRT8 cars. Track and street, though your car did pull him harder then I pulled them - which is to be expected. Far as my run against that 392 SRT8, even in power reduced mode from my MAF I regained the car+ he got on the jump and was door to door when traffic came up.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure it was mentioned before too but a little ol' 600 runs out of steam around 120-125 mph and they top out around 145-150. Race one from a 50 roll and see how long it takes you to pass him. It was rider error for sure but you beat the rider and not the bike.

Geez you trapped 115.86? Dang! U be fast? What was your time on that pass, like a 12.7?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

5mph trap is quite a jump when you start getting that high of a trap. 120 trap would be good for mid 11's, all me crazy i just dont see that car doing that.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
5mph trap is quite a jump when you start getting that high of a trap. 120 trap would be good for mid 11's, all me crazy i just dont see that car doing that.
i understand that. But 35-40hp through the curve without effecting a power band is worth that kind of mph. Which is why i like bolt on cars.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Meh. Im used to the general public comparing my car to every pos bolt on evo 8 running the streets. My car will be getting an evo 8 3rd/4th setup whenever it decides to grenade. Debating changing the final drive too, I hate shifting into 5th at barely over 120mph. Im hoping going up to a 26" tire over my current 24's will help a little. Tires are much cheaper than transmissions.
Off topic a bit but, I raced a evo coming back from the track in tx. I never got to talk to the guy after the race but anyway, This MF...Ker was fast. I had just jump on the expressway when he rolled up on me. The evo was loud there where no honks, He pulled up and smash it. We where going about 60 when we started, He had 2 cars on me because of the late hit. I passed him at the top of 4th 7200 rpm limit. He dident let out after I slowed a bit and he was on my *** till 150+ i dont know how fast we where going after 150 because i dident have my gps up but god dam that thing was fast. I have grown to respect evos. Oh and thats a nice NSX aswell seen one with a PD blower on it. And to the OP he beat that bike and that bike only. He dosent understand that he cant really beat well riddien bikes at his current hp level. One last thing on the Cobra, On a nice cold day a stock cobra can beat a bolt on ls1. After a couple of runs the ls1 would win. Now thats not a guess I have ridden in cobras while racing a ls1 car. It seems the first race the cobra would win by a car or so. After the next two races the ls1 car would slowly walk around it. But anyway Im out this thread lol
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
With my MAF throwing codes and cutting power above 5200rpm I did barely reel in a stock SRT8 that got the jump on me. Which means you are one of the guys at the dyno shootout that day, and saw my 435rwhp dyno graph with the MAF voltage doing a zigzag from zero to max to zero. I temp fixed that problem by taping up the lower half of my air filter, with a svede CAI on the way for the permanent air cavitation fix. Eventually I'm going to make a SD tune but for now a svede will solve it.

You're local to me aren't you. Lets meet up.
AND LIKE THAT HES GONE... HAHAHA
TECH Enthusiast

With my MAF throwing codes and cutting power above 5200rpm I did barely reel in a stock SRT8 that got the jump on me. Which means you are one of the guys at the dyno shootout that day, and saw my 435rwhp dyno graph with the MAF voltage doing a zigzag from zero to max to zero. I temp fixed that problem by taping up the lower half of my air filter, with a svede CAI on the way for the permanent air cavitation fix. Eventually I'm going to make a SD tune but for now a svede will solve it.

You're local to me aren't you. Lets meet up.
You got raped 3 times from different roll speeds, and yes I know something was wrong with your car based on the barely over 400 rwhp numbers it put down on the dyno. You never reeled me in, and I don't know what story you told yourself to feel better but I was two cars out on you each time. I know your car was not running right , and I have heard that it rolls out but excuses are like azzholes.

If you are so confident that your car runs so hard why don't you bring that pig out, and try on a bone stock LS3 C6 for size?

If you are going to call out the OP for being a cocky douche I think you should probably reread your posts. We all get that a typical outcome between a bolt on C6, and even a 600 won't be in favor of the Vette but no need to rudely call the OP out with your amazing C6 beating 435 rwhp GTslow.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
Just for the record the "you're local to me lets meet up" comment wasn't directed at OP
I can read, and the fact remains.....despite the bump in the road....MAF signal being bad, red paint making the car slower, extra big mac that slowed him down his car got raped that day.....period.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Teching In

I was the passenger in said 392 Challenger and Germeezy and i are two heavy ***** and if my eyes are any good im pretty sure you coulda fit Boeing 737 in between GTO and 392
Old 05-09-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

^oh snap
Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

I need to find a 600 to borrow...and a 120 car to race.

Help me out here Evan! Would be even better if its a 123-4 mph car, so i can just ride my 750 without side fairings and be a few mph faster than a 600.

We have to know someone in the right power range who is willing to do a 100-150 pull for laughs.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
I need to find a 600 to borrow...and a 120 car to race.

Help me out here Evan! Would be even better if its a 123-4 mph car, so i can just ride my 750 without side fairings and be a few mph faster than a 600.

We have to know someone in the right power range who is willing to do a 100-150 pull for laughs.
Are you saying 600 would do well against a car around 150mph?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

should just race me on a 600
Old 05-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Funny how afterwards when we were talking about it you guys agreed with me when I said I was barely reeling you in but now you are saying I lost. How about meeting up tonight and getting it on video? My new CAI isn't here so car still sits as it did minus some tape on my air filter. About time this damned thread got some actual racing videos.

Meet at the Everett spot?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Funny how afterwards when we were talking about it you guys agreed with me when I said I was barely reeling you in but now you are saying I lost. How about meeting up tonight and getting it on video? My new CAI isn't here so car still sits as it did minus some tape on my air filter. About time this damned thread got some actual racing videos.

We kinda been running a different setup as of late with great success. I'd meet up with you but thats waste of gas If Germeezy is in i will come out and be the judge!

Anyways, if u wanna kick it text me we have something setup for Sat night
Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does the term reeling you in mean typically mean that you were in front or does that mean you were behind? So if you were reeling me in which you were not than that would mean you were behind me, and that you never got in front of me. Would you agree that you were outperformed 3 times from 3 different roll speeds? ( Rich Christiansen voice)

Oh by the way....I know your car runs out.....but hey if your going to flip shiz.....you better be able to take shiz...
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what is all this talk about 392s? They are like the fat kid with downs syndrome on the playground.

Last edited by Poppacapp; 05-09-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mookie
Are you saying 600 would do well against a car around 150mph?
A 600 is done at 150mph. From 100-130 i'd expect to see the bike pull a few lengths, after that the car will be stopping the pull and starting to come back.

A stock or mildly modded 600 on flat ground won't go much faster than 155 with a good, light rider....compared to a car that will do 180+ eventually.

I expect the bike to be ahead when the car hits 150, but not by a ton. If they started at a lower speed, sure, the bike would be long gone, but the 100mph start speed removes the bikes advantage.

Originally Posted by evangto87
should just race me on a 600
You need 5th for it to be relevant to the discussion of a 100-150 pull.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
what is all this talk about 392s? They are like the fat kidbwith down dyndrome on the playground.
Man, this stings especially coming from a Mustang owner

Gotta admit i LOl'd
Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Teching In

NSX...Besides looks I never found out what was so amazing about those cars, or why they cost nearly 100 grand when new. Someone care to enlighten me?

Quick Reply: Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…