Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Intake/longtube LS2 GTO vs: LS2 C6 vette, camaro SS, Saleen S281, RB25 240SX *VID*

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Good runs!
This GTO runs right about where my experience has shown they run.
There's a few members on this board (one's with built heads/cam GTOs) who can barely pull a c6... hopefully they don't weigh in on this thread!

Oh and don't feed the troll. On one hand he wants to proclaim how fast the cars that he fanboi's for are, and on the other he will not accept that there's a lot of bad GTO drivers out there. Total hypocrite, right in line with most mustang owners.
After getting caught in a lie and looking like a complete dumbass. I am surprised you post here anymore.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Did I miss the turbo 3rd Gen or was it not in this film . I want to see more of that car!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZNix
Did I miss the turbo 3rd Gen or was it not in this film . I want to see more of that car!
It probably would have been in this film if I didn't receive a bent rim from weld! I blame it on the jackasses at UPS though, because the box had a nice crush mark on it. The 3rd gen will be down another week while I'm waiting on a new wheel to come, but with any luck it'll be good to go for next weekend.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
It probably would have been in this film if I didn't receive a bent rim from weld! I blame it on the jackasses at UPS though, because the box had a nice crush mark on it. The 3rd gen will be down another week while I'm waiting on a new wheel to come, but with any luck it'll be good to go for next weekend.
That sucks dude. If you manage to get it ready for next weekend, maybe I can make the trip. I want to see the car in person. One of my favorite all time builds .
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZNix
That sucks dude. If you manage to get it ready for next weekend, maybe I can make the trip. I want to see the car in person. One of my favorite all time builds .
Thanks a lot man! I'm just glad to be driving it now and not working on it much anymore.

I'll definitely know closer to the end of the week how I'm looking with the wheel situation.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Good runs!
This GTO runs right about where my experience has shown they run.
There's a few members on this board (one's with built heads/cam GTOs) who can barely pull a c6... hopefully they don't weigh in on this thread!

Oh and don't feed the troll. On one hand he wants to proclaim how fast the cars that he fanboi's for are, and on the other he will not accept that there's a lot of bad GTO drivers out there. Total hypocrite, right in line with most mustang owners.
Lolz are you for real? I suppose the BOM Maggied GTO is a turd then to huh? My GTO has NEVER lost to a similarly modded car, especially not less modded ones. I pulled a MS3 cam/Bolton 05 IBM M6 car that literaly minutes after my car dynod 454/425, he dynoed 434/418 and I pulled him good aswell. My car runs exactly as it should, just because that C6 guy said it was stock, doesn't mean it was.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Lolz are you for real? I suppose the BOM Maggied GTO is a turd then to huh? My GTO has NEVER lost to a similarly modded car, especially not less modded ones. I pulled a MS3 cam/Bolton 05 IBM M6 car that literaly minutes after my car dynod 454/425, he dynoed 434/418 and I pulled him good aswell. My car runs exactly as it should, just because that C6 guy said it was stock, doesn't mean it was.
Youve only been on my back for years about beating a c6 with the same mods as the OP.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Years huh?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Since you joined the GTO board.
My point remains.
Cant keep track of all the naysayers but I know you're one of them.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

One thing I've noticed, is that with the weight of a GTO, all the big cam cars seem like they run like crap compared to stock cam/bolt on, or small cam cars. Lots of guys throw in a big cam and expect the peak HP numbers to show, but your trying to move a big car with stock gearing most of the time, and they just don't perform well with peak numbers alone.

Just an observation I felt like throwing out there.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Teching In

I think it also has a lot to do with bad drivers who attempt to race people. The GTO shifter isn't the easiest to work with.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good runs OP.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cwarta
That looked/sounded like a non-Z51 stock LS2 C6. Which is about right.

LS2 C6 6-speeds, especially the Z51 cars with their awesome gearing, are underestimated from a roll where the stupid torque management system doesnt intervene.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by callmedoc
That looked/sounded like a non-Z51 stock LS2 C6. Which is about right.

LS2 C6 6-speeds, especially the Z51 cars with their awesome gearing, are underestimated from a roll where the stupid torque management system doesnt intervene.
The C6 I beat (at the time) was a Z51... same exact car as the OP.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Teching In

The C6 I beat (at the time) was a Z51... same exact car as the OP.
What were the C6 mods? The long tubes and the tune are what turned my car into a different animal. The difference on the top end is quite dramatic. Before it felt like the motor was chocking for air in the high RPM's, now it seems comfortable. It's almost like GM designed them to be swapped.

Anyway, nice Regal man and much respect on the build. Your car also seems to bring out the haters here, quite funny. Good luck with her. BTW, my 1st car was a Lumina too, but an LTZ when it 1st came out

Quick Reply: Intake/longtube LS2 GTO vs: LS2 C6 vette, camaro SS, Saleen S281, RB25 240SX *VID*