Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTO vs 335i

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
This plus, the new JB4's are being developed to tune more in conjunction with timing. They are running more boost, with more timing, on even pump gas and making more power. Adding E85 to the mix will allow even more timing and more boost. BMS (the maker of the JB4) is continually making more and more and more power with these cars. The record stands at 469 rwhp on stock turbos, E85 mix and meth. The cars are down right nasty. The stock block record was just hit a few weeks ago and stands at 725 whp on a mix of pump gas and some 100+ octane fuel with a lot more room to go.
So with full bolt ons w/stock turbo are they seeing 500whp ?....
Old 05-09-2013, 12:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLWLS3
So with full bolt ons w/stock turbo are they seeing 500whp ?....
No, the numbers he was talking about where full bolt ons with stock turbo's pushing those power levels. It's the only logical upgrade past bolt ons is to upgrade to larger or reworked turbo's much like the separation between a bolt on car and going to the next level of H/C
Old 05-09-2013, 03:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
No, the numbers he was talking about where full bolt ons with stock turbo's pushing those power levels. It's the only logical upgrade past bolt ons is to upgrade to larger or reworked turbo's much like the separation between a bolt on car and going to the next level of H/C
Exactly. Let me elaborate. The 469 rwhp is the record on stock turbos. The 725 rwhp was on a new set of turbos just released by a company called Vargas. As willizm said, there are upgraded reworked factory turbos by a company called RB. These push over 500 rwhp and traps are in the 130's range. These are highly cost effective for what you get and I think every day of trading in my M3 on a 335i and upgrading the turbos running a meth/pumpo setup with upgraded HPFP.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I looked hard at 335i's cause they are pretty cheap considering. But they have a lot of fuel pump issues if it breaks which it will, parts are not cheap.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I ran a buddies 335i awhile back in the evo. He went 12.4 in his, pretty stout little car.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
I looked hard at 335i's cause they are pretty cheap considering. But they have a lot of fuel pump issues if it breaks which it will, parts are not cheap.
Last year bmw revised the fuel pump design and issued a recall and extended warranty on the existing prone to issues fuel pumps. Ever since they did that the issues have subsided tremendously to the point where I don't think it should be a buyers concern. I don't think I've heard of any fuel pump failures since these newer pumps came out. Injectors were another issue but bmw issues recalls on those as well.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by willizm
Last year bmw revised the fuel pump design and issued a recall and extended warranty on the existing prone to issues fuel pumps. Ever since they did that the issues have subsided tremendously to the point where I don't think it should be a buyers concern. I don't think I've heard of any fuel pump failures since these newer pumps came out. Injectors were another issue but bmw issues recalls on those as well.
WHat does your 335 make for power ? They arent that heavy either..approx 3400lbs....

Cars run strong...should trade my vette in !
Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn that 335 is moving out! Excellent run OP.

Quick Reply: GTO vs 335i