Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2010 SS Cam/spray vs 2012 5.0 Built engine F1 Procharger.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 03:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
lol you comment is a joke. you think too highly of your 'opinion' .

we are talking a race of one car vs. a 'reported' 17 psi 5.0.

if you have any common sense at all, you can calculate the power level of that engine at 16-17 psi. (i'll help you....roughly double).

calling it BS is crap.

built engines can handle 300 more rwhp regardless of make. the one the OP raced was a mild boost 5.0. the claimed 150 shot may be BS just as well.
I am only spraying a 150, I have a 62/35 jetting combo. Hell I run 10.80s on motor. Matt's mustang is down on power for what it is, no doubt. But it is making a peak of 17 psi before it starts slipping. I don't know exactly who tuned it, but they might want to check it. Here is his graph from the day of us racing, I am the guy that made the dyno pulls:
Attached Thumbnails 2010 SS Cam/spray vs 2012 5.0 Built engine F1 Procharger.-baker-dyno-graph.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

16-17 pounds of boost is 800-900rwhp. it REQUIRES racing gas past 12 psi for sure.
you are talking 11:1 with that boost.

justin burcham made 804rwhp on stock 2011GT long block at 14psi. C16 fuel.

your guy is not at 16 or 17 psi....probably more like 8-10.
You dont have to have racegas at 12lbs on stock internals. It requires a great tune. There is guts 14lbs on 93 running low 10's on 93 and 9's at 140 on also. This 5.0 is built engine. Even in 11:1 it will hold on 93 and make 800whp+ on 93 at 17lbs.

The jpc car also blewup after the second pass.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dude,..an F1 anything will make power then what that car is belting out. -again, not an expert here,..just happen to have experience with FI.

Congrats to you for reading a book and wrenching on your car. Cool story. Seriously. Obviously, you have some understanding.

So do this,..pull your happy ***'s off the street racing forum, and go and learn something about FI,..in the,..FI section. Lots of knowledge there.....

Use your time wisely, instead of arguing with people like me,..who have little patience for internet banther.
Honestly Im reading 2-20 hours a week since seven years on every ls1tech section except the SK that I read occasionnaly to see cars in action. I have read some on FI, but I went the nitrous route so no need to know everything about FI. Its not because I dont know all the supercharger brand/serial number by heart that I dont know nothing about FI though. But its so true that arguing here(about anything) is a pure waste of time.

But yes Ill read a lot more in the FI section when Ill be ready for my next DIY project!

..yeah I know, cool story

Last edited by Johnnystock; 05-16-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

who would of thought.....another 5.0 and camaro thread that turned into an argument
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Lol I kno. I didn't build or tune his car, not my fault it makes the power it made, I just raced him cause he had called me out earlier last month. I could have put the bugs and skinnies on too like he had, could have upped the shot etc. just all should've would've could've. It is what it is.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
You dont have to have racegas at 12lbs on stock internals. It requires a great tune. There is guts 14lbs on 93 running low 10's on 93 and 9's at 140 on also. This 5.0 is built engine. Even in 11:1 it will hold on 93 and make 800whp+ on 93 at 17lbs.

The jpc car also blewup after the second pass.
i was there at the starting line. talking to the crew....talking to justin before and after it 'blew' lol.

it has so much torque it sheared all of the ring gear bolts off. i helped push it to their car carrier.

i talked tune, boost, cam tiiming, dcr, fuel, etc. with him(justin). engine survived the whole season btw.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rhino79
I am only spraying a 150, I have a 62/35 jetting combo. Hell I run 10.80s on motor. Matt's mustang is down on power for what it is, no doubt. But it is making a peak of 17 psi before it starts slipping. I don't know exactly who tuned it, but they might want to check it. Here is his graph from the day of us racing, I am the guy that made the dyno pulls:

typical 5.0 shoulda coulda woulda .

they find a fast few and all the ford guys think they all should run like that. if they dont they something wrong. but if it was the other way around. its ok.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dekan513
typical 5.0 shoulda coulda woulda .

they find a fast few and all the ford guys think they all should run like that. if they dont they something wrong. but if it was the other way around. its ok.
Hey now... don't be a hypocrit... you quick 5th gen guys a most definitely the exception to the rule too now...

You guys, and us piggy Gt500's need to shed alot of weight... this having to make tons of power just to overcome the pig fat sucks.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Question

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Hey now... don't be a hypocrit... you quick 5th gen guys a most definitely the exception to the rule too now...

You guys, and us piggy Gt500's need to shed alot of weight... this having to make tons of power just to overcome the pig fat sucks.
Neither of you are allowed to mention weight.
That is reserved as a mopar only excuse.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

I work with two guys who both run roush blowers and both autos. One with a c/s on drag radials and daily driven runs 10.70s while the other with a stall, tires, and 109 fuel just hit consistant 9.80s.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Banned

Your biggest problem from the factory is your tires lol the best mod after buying is getting wider tires because the rear tires are to skinny and they suck honestly. Plus all the mustangs weigh less than the new Camaros and the Charger weighs the most. Id say this the new 2013 Gt500 is a beast tho it hangs on up there with the Zr1 on its shitty tires. all in all tho id still take my WS6 over the gt500 any day just because of the weight difference from the start and ive been building it as well. Hopefully one day ill have a forced induction system like most of the people on here lol i just keep dreaming till then
Old 05-18-2013, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

i was there at the starting line. talking to the crew....talking to justin before and after it 'blew' lol.

it has so much torque it sheared all of the ring gear bolts off. i helped push it to their car carrier.

i talked tune, boost, cam tiiming, dcr, fuel, etc. with him(justin). engine survived the whole season btw.
I was talking about this car. It didnt last a whole season.

They added smaller pulley car went 9.6. Tried sgain and it blew up.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Launching!

lol
to good right there
Old 05-18-2013, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Your biggest problem from the factory is your tires lol the best mod after buying is getting wider tires because the rear tires are to skinny and they suck honestly. Plus all the mustangs weigh less than the new Camaros and the Charger weighs the most. Id say this the new 2013 Gt500 is a beast tho it hangs on up there with the Zr1 on its shitty tires. all in all tho id still take my WS6 over the gt500 any day just because of the weight difference from the start and ive been building it as well. Hopefully one day ill have a forced induction system like most of the people on here lol i just keep dreaming till then
Yes..tires are the FIRST required mod on these cars. I have the perf. with 20" rears.. first day I bought my car I about **** myself when after soinning first part of third gear I oowershifted to 4th at 95mph and the car stepped out sideways on me. Learned to respect the car very quickly.. I now run 305/35-20 Nitto 555 drag radials.. and daily drive the car... completely different car with the drag radials. And when it does spin it tracks straight instead of wanting to step out.

Proos on your WS6.. always loved the look of those cars.. had a 95 TA vert with the ramair hood setup. loved that car... had the Mufflex 4" catback on it... talk about deeeep sounding exhaust.. loved it.

Quick Reply: 2010 SS Cam/spray vs 2012 5.0 Built engine F1 Procharger.