Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

All motor 1989 hatch Mustang murdered GT-R from dig!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Sorry but this is the most retarded comment ever. Just because someone doesn't build a car themselves doesn't mean that they should only stick to that type of car. Are you jelly or something? I heard you tried to call out all the GT-R's in your area, even the ones who don't street race. Kettle meet pot.

Oh and also word on the street is the dude with the foxbody turned down a callout by a so cal GT-R.

FLAME ON!!!!
I believe he is suggesting that GTR owners should hack up and modify a ~$90k car in their garage because that's what real racers do. If you can build a SBF in your garage and stick it in a mustang from the 80's, you should do the same with a GTR. Forget about the astronomical difference in price and technology.

I also believe he is suggesting that you can only be considered capable of driving if you have a manual transmission in the car. Anything other than a manual, we assume the individual cant drive.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by evangto87
1000hp with nitrous??? Wow GTR people are the worst!

Seriously, there are a few cool GTR owners out there. But most of them should stick to there awd/paddleshift/turbo platforms.... because they will never know what it takes to BUILD a fast car. Let alone know how to drive one...
When you get on svtp, Do you notice the ******* tool bags that post on there? Every car has dumb **** owners. Heater said he cant believe how a mach1 can get ls boys so worked up. He must have missed the thread on corral where billy (v62go) had the ford boys crying like bitches when he ran 6.2 on nuts with a cammed 6.0. They said no way thats a stock motor!!!!111111. The people saying that were guys with stroked clevelands at 14/1 comp that went the same thing. LOL
Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve C.
I believe he is suggesting that GTR owners should hack up and modify a ~$90k car in their garage because that's what real racers do. If you can build a SBF in your garage and stick it in a mustang from the 80's, you should do the same with a GTR. Forget about the astronomical difference in price and technology.

I also believe he is suggesting that you can only be considered capable of driving if you have a manual transmission in the car. Anything other than a manual, we assume the individual cant drive.
Well said. Couldn't have casted a better stereotype myself. I'll stick to easy mode cars, and you stick to being ignorant.

You probably forgot more about fast cars than GTR owners will ever know.

Do us a favor and define BUILD. And then define drive.
ROFL While I agree with some of your points in regards to being a bit bias, there is no doubt that the GTR is a platform you can drive fast EASIER then others, hands down.

And rowing your own gears on the street while spotting a modded GTR 2 car lengths WHILE giving him the hit is commendable... unless of course someone had their emotional chips on someone else.

Even the old GTRs were stock mid to low 11s... the newer mid\low 10s with one of the fastest shifting transmissions we've seen. Its commendable to the Foxbody driver who rowed gears against it. Disagree on that?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by odthetruth
ROFL While I agree with some of your points in regards to being a bit bias, there is no doubt that the GTR is a platform you can drive fast EASIER then others, hands down.

And rowing your own gears on the street while spotting a modded GTR 2 car lengths WHILE giving him the hit is commendable... unless of course someone had their emotional chips on someone else.

Even the old GTRs were stock mid to low 11s... the newer mid\low 10s with one of the fastest shifting transmissions we've seen. Its commendable to the Foxbody driver who rowed gears against it. Disagree on that?
I wasn't saying the video that started this thread wasn't entertaining, because it was. That is a really quick fox body dialed in. That GTR got rolled badly... taking two car lengths and the hit just added insult to injury. Personally, a fox body willing to give me lengths and the hit would set off a red flag... I would have reconsidered. Maybe that GTR didn't know what he was getting into. The fox body obviously knew exactly what he was getting into. I can't give you an excuse or explanation for some of the comments on the GTR forum.

I agree the GTR is a bit easier to drive than a manual transmission. Much more consistent and less chance of driver error. Nevertheless... GTRs can start in the wrong gear or bog or spin or whatever ... embarrassing, but anything can happen on the street. To say any random joeshit-the-rag-man can drive a GTR, and those who drive GTRs have no driving skill other than mashing the throttle and flipping paddles, simply isn't true.

Also, some of you guys make driving a manual seem like a badge of courage... like you are performing open heart surgery or something complicated. How hard is it to row gears from a roll? I agree runs from a dig with a manual transmission take skill, especially with higher horsepower. Some people can drive a manual better than others. Evangto87 seems to be a pretty good driver from the videos I've seen. I know it is hard to believe, but the same thing goes for GTRs. Some drivers are better than others, especially from a dig. It does take a little bit of seat time on a given setup to achieve maximum potential.... regardless of the car and/or transmission.

Last edited by Steve C.; 05-13-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't saying the video that started this thread wasn't entertaining, because it was. That is a really quick fox body dialed in. That GTR got rolled badly... taking two car lengths and the hit just added insult to injury. Maybe that GTR didn't know what he was getting into. The fox body obviously knew exactly what he was getting into.

I agree the GTR is a bit easier to drive than a manual transmission. Much more consistent and less chance of driver error. Nevertheless... GTRs can start in the wrong gear or bog or spin or whatever ... embarrassing, but anything can happen on the street. To say any random joeshit-the-rag-man can drive a GTR, and those who drive GTRs have no driving skill other than mashing the throttle and flipping paddles, simply isn't true.

Also, some of you guys make driving a manual seem like a badge of courage... like you are performing open heart surgery or something complicated. How hard is it to row gears from a roll? I agree runs from a dig with a manual transmission take skill, especially with higher horsepower. Some people can drive a manual better than others. Evangto87 seems to be a pretty good driver from the videos I've seen. I know it is hard to believe, but the same thing goes for GTRs. Some drivers are better than others, especially from a dig. It does take a little bit of seat time on a given setup to achieve maximum potential.... regardless of the car and/or transmission.
Agreed.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread went ham. Lol
Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by topendrunner
When you get on svtp, Do you notice the ******* tool bags that post on there? Every car has dumb **** owners. Heater said he cant believe how a mach1 can get ls boys so worked up. He must have missed the thread on corral where billy (v62go) had the ford boys crying like bitches when he ran 6.2 on nuts with a cammed 6.0. They said no way thats a stock motor!!!!111111. The people saying that were guys with stroked clevelands at 14/1 comp that went the same thing. LOL
I haven't been on Corral in forever, and I rarely go on SVTP.

If you can't run 6.20's with a 14:1 stroked Cleveland on nuts in a light weight coupe, then you need to move past f-ing with cars, onto something that requires not many brain cells.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evangto87
you guys are aware there are different stock blocks right? The speed shop the helps me with my car has a 700whp 7k stock block.
I really hope you're seriously kidding, there are not "different types" of stock blocks.. lol

There are mexican stock blocks, and then the normal stock block... neither of which will sustain 7000+rpm shifts. This car def. has some sort of aftermarket block most likely a dart block, but there are others (world, R block, etc)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Banned

Damn, that Fox runs like a scolded dog!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

The owner and his friends have repeatedly said that it's a stock block.

Actually Evan is kind of right, there are a couple of different types of stock blocks. Mexican blocks and factory Boss blocks are still considered "stock" blocks, since they were actual production car blocks.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by topendrunner
ok dude. how many 500whp sbf have you built?
We have to build them ourselves to know what they're capable of? There's no other way of knowing huh? You seriously know it's really hard to build a SBF to achieve that power level? I assume when you say its "hard", you actually mean more "expensive".
Old 05-14-2013, 07:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Black01Bird
I really hope you're seriously kidding, there are not "different types" of stock blocks.. lol

There are mexican stock blocks, and then the normal stock block... neither of which will sustain 7000+rpm shifts. This car def. has some sort of aftermarket block most likely a dart block, but there are others (world, R block, etc)
Evan is right. I think its save to say that the normal stock blocks, the mexican blocks and the Boss blocks are consider different types of the 302 windsor. They all came stock in production vehicles.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Sorry but this is the most retarded comment ever. Just because someone doesn't build a car themselves doesn't mean that they should only stick to that type of car. Are you jelly or something? I heard you tried to call out all the GT-R's in your area, even the ones who don't street race. Kettle meet pot.

Oh and also word on the street is the dude with the foxbody turned down a callout by a so cal GT-R.

FLAME ON!!!!
Hitman, you on YellowBullet? The stang guy is, and stated for the GTR owners to bring out another on and he would GAP him also, I believe they are going to run an Alpha-9 next, but now the fords on the spray.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

who cares if it's a stock block or not? really means nothing for power, just that it wont last long at that kind of rpm.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by stockz
Hitman, you on YellowBullet? The stang guy is, and stated for the GTR owners to bring out another on and he would GAP him also, I believe they are going to run an Alpha-9 next, but now the fords on the spray.
Was going to say the same, the guy on the bullet wants to run another one, the guy even stated what was done to the stang and is willing to prove it. He is out to have fun. That's why ppl in this thread are assuming a lot and it's dumb. Fox was built for the street and flat out works.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stockz
I'm not on yellow bullet and really don't care to be. The guy who called him out is a lot faster than an alpha 9. I heard he turned them him down though.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not smart, but there is a slew of stock block 302 cars that have, and do shift at 7000.

Guy has vidz of him and his buddies missing gears and seeing 8000 rpms on stock non mexi-blocks.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Evan is right. I think its save to say that the normal stock blocks, the mexican blocks and the Boss blocks are consider different types of the 302 windsor. They all came stock in production vehicles.
It doesnt make a difference, a mexican block will not handle those rpms either, nor do i consider the frpp boss block a "stock" block.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM

I don't get why people don't believe Windsors turning some revs...I've had more than a dozen live long lives above 7000rpm. ......All were in 289 or '60 model 302 blocks with the older 28 ounce balance. I'd rather have a 289 crank for the longer rods....they become a whole different animal over 6500 rpm.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

It doesnt make a difference, a mexican block will not handle those rpms either, nor do i consider the frpp boss block a "stock" block.

I have no idea what rpms a Mexican block or even a stock roller block can handle, is it rpms that kill a stock block, horsepower, detonation or is it a combination???
I don't think he was saying a FRPP Boss block was a stock block, he said a Boss block and backed it up by saying that it came in production vehicles.

Quick Reply: All motor 1989 hatch Mustang murdered GT-R from dig!