Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

All motor 1989 hatch Mustang murdered GT-R from dig!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve C.
Remember that we can still base all conclusions on the fastest GTRs though because they are easy to drive. With that transmission, they all drive and launch the same. Launch control programming, touch points, whatever technological witchcraft goes on in those things, is all the same... No matter who is behind the wheel.

BTW,
I like how you had time to edit your signature instead of responding in the thread. Good for you, shows character. You probably should replace your busted, beaten to ****, transmission with a GR6.

Take your own advice and go back to ignoring this thread. Your know-it-all ignorant attitude isn't healthy for the rest of us.
Ill entertain you for a minute...Heres MY experience with the GTR community.

First: On facebook... i asked a local stock 09 GTR owner if he wanted a friendly run. His response was nothing other then pompous rice! His first statement was asking why i would want to race a GTR. And I should stick to racing other mustangs, camaros, and challengers since they are in my class. Then everyone on facebook proceeded to make fun of him... while in the mean time... i hadnt even responded. When i came back to the convo... i told him what i had done to the car...what it weighed, and what it made for power. He then changed his tune to... "i dont street race". Again... people continued to make fun of him. While i politely said "im all set racing you now anyway". This was my first ever experience with a GTR owner. (and this is likely the "stock" gtr hitman referenced...how he found out is creepy in itself)

Second: A friend of mine said he could get me a race with a 2011 GTR... but it had some mods. I was fine with that..i know how much faster they get with mods. So after 2 months of waiting around for the owner to have time.. we all finally meet up. I introduce myself...he does not (already a good sign). I end up talking to his friends the whole time as they seemed pretty cool. I wanted a passengerless race as my car is very light and a passenger will slow it down quite a bit as to a heavy car. That part gets ignored and they put a 200lb passenger in my car.... GTR gets a 150lb passenger. His friend tells me the car has downpipes and a tune, hes not sure what else, so we assume nothing else. We line up for some races. He pulls me about a car length. Fairly close races with him creeping away the whole time. We come back, I say good races... he does not. I ask if we can go again without passengers as i think it will be even close. His response was very stand offish and said there really was no point. At this point... I just didnt like him now.. Theres no reason to be a D-bag with a superiority complex. He asked me what i had done after the race... i told him. Even though everyone told me what was done to his car... he claimed it was "bone stock". When even his friends said he was lieing about it, and he does that often. So finally, we departed. Havent seen him since.

Third: I post that race on here. First hitman starts by saying it was likely a high 400swhp car (which is probably accurate)... then eventually changes to it was probably stock.... then eventually changing it to it was slower then stock because of the tune. Im not retarded... i know how fast a stock 09-11 gtr is. And i know what i would do to one... as a car that i beat pretty good, walked his friends stock 09. Then i proceeded to post a video of the CTSV going back and forth with his friends 09 GTR. CTSV walked the GTR when it was stock. GTR ran the same Cobb tune with downpipes and walked the CTSV. Then the CTSV did some work... and walked the GTR.

But i lost to a slower then stock GTR ..... .

Then i read this thread about the fox racing the GTR... and see all the ricer/ignorant/dbag comments (dont get me wrong, there seemed to be reasonable guys in there) and it just further strengthened my feelings towards them.

The mentality that GTRs can not lose races is INSANE!!

I am however racing another GTR soon.. It has intakes/exhaust/tune. The red vette that i lost to also beat it. Figure it will be a decent race. Im hoping this guy is humble... but alas... i dont have much hope for it..

Again... this is why i say what i say.

As far as comparing driving a GTR to driving a rear wheel drive stick car... I dont need to get into that. If i can shift a rwd stick car... i can drive a GTR a lot easier. I dont think anyone can disagree with that.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Nice runs!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Pretty vague. Elaborate a bit on that car. I know what E85 does, im from miami. Everyone here runs it.

I am in Broward/dade as well dude.... and if you were on the right forums, you'd probably know the exact car I am talking about,..

It's a twin turbo V8... that picked up that power, by lowering boost, increasing timing,...via E85.

What info do you need other then that?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evan, I hear you on all that. **** will be ****. Kinda like BMW\Audi owners being douches. Not all of them, but enough to where thats whats expected. LOL
Old 05-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I am in Broward/dade as well dude.... and if you were on the right forums, you'd probably know the exact car I am talking about,..

It's a twin turbo V8... that picked up that power, by lowering boost, increasing timing,...via E85.

What info do you need other then that?
No. I don't know. Info on power setup, car etc... Previous tune how conservative etc...

My friends k20 turbo car went from 480 on pump to 560 on e85 with raising the boost etc... I know it picks up power but the power to be made on stock turbos and a car that makes 5xx already with meth is not going to be as big as a car thats held back bad on pump and conservative tune etc...

What forum n2speed? Southernknights? i get on there from time to time to lurk, those sites are dead.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by evangto87
Ill entertain you for a minute...Heres MY experience with the GTR community.

First: On facebook... i asked a local stock 09 GTR owner if he wanted a friendly run. His response was nothing other then pompous rice! His first statement was asking why i would want to race a GTR. And I should stick to racing other mustangs, camaros, and challengers since they are in my class. Then everyone on facebook proceeded to make fun of him... while in the mean time... i hadnt even responded. When i came back to the convo... i told him what i had done to the car...what it weighed, and what it made for power. He then changed his tune to... "i dont street race". Again... people continued to make fun of him. While i politely said "im all set racing you now anyway". This was my first ever experience with a GTR owner. (and this is likely the "stock" gtr hitman referenced...how he found out is creepy in itself)

Second: A friend of mine said he could get me a race with a 2011 GTR... but it had some mods. I was fine with that..i know how much faster they get with mods. So after 2 months of waiting around for the owner to have time.. we all finally meet up. I introduce myself...he does not (already a good sign). I end up talking to his friends the whole time as they seemed pretty cool. I wanted a passengerless race as my car is very light and a passenger will slow it down quite a bit as to a heavy car. That part gets ignored and they put a 200lb passenger in my car.... GTR gets a 150lb passenger. His friend tells me the car has downpipes and a tune, hes not sure what else, so we assume nothing else. We line up for some races. He pulls me about a car length. Fairly close races with him creeping away the whole time. We come back, I say good races... he does not. I ask if we can go again without passengers as i think it will be even close. His response was very stand offish and said there really was no point. At this point... I just didnt like him now.. Theres no reason to be a D-bag with a superiority complex. He asked me what i had done after the race... i told him. Even though everyone told me what was done to his car... he claimed it was "bone stock". When even his friends said he was lieing about it, and he does that often. So finally, we departed. Havent seen him since.

Third: I post that race on here. First hitman starts by saying it was likely a high 400swhp car (which is probably accurate)... then eventually changes to it was probably stock.... then eventually changing it to it was slower then stock because of the tune. Im not retarded... i know how fast a stock 09-11 gtr is. And i know what i would do to one... as a car that i beat pretty good, walked his friends stock 09. Then i proceeded to post a video of the CTSV going back and forth with his friends 09 GTR. CTSV walked the GTR when it was stock. GTR ran the same Cobb tune with downpipes and walked the CTSV. Then the CTSV did some work... and walked the GTR.

But i lost to a slower then stock GTR ..... .

Then i read this thread about the fox racing the GTR... and see all the ricer/ignorant/dbag comments (dont get me wrong, there seemed to be reasonable guys in there) and it just further strengthened my feelings towards them.

The mentality that GTRs can not lose races is INSANE!!

I am however racing another GTR soon.. It has intakes/exhaust/tune. The red vette that i lost to also beat it. Figure it will be a decent race. Im hoping this guy is humble... but alas... i dont have much hope for it..

Again... this is why i say what i say.

As far as comparing driving a GTR to driving a rear wheel drive stick car... I dont need to get into that. If i can shift a rwd stick car... i can drive a GTR a lot easier. I dont think anyone can disagree with that.
Well, I apologize on behalf of those GTR owners you've personally encountered. The whole community isn't like that. Just because you ran into a few bad apples, doesnt mean you should return the favor to every other GTR you come across. Every model, brand, or whatever will have some douchebag owners. I've met a few corvette ******* owners and a few retarded mustang owners, but that doesn't lead me to believe everyone in a corvette Or mustang is a jerkoff. I hope your next GTR encounter goes smoothly and friendly

Forgive Hitman, sometimes he is a little over-zealous in the defense of the GTR platform but he is a good guy and means well. It's not that GTR can't lose, they do.... but sometimes the claimed mods or horsepower doesn't add up (whether it is the GTR or the opponent).... but then again anything can happen on the street. The Hitman just likes to clarify and add some insight, since he owns a GTR. I normally just read these threads, until I see some idiotic comments --- then, occasionally, I will stir the pot for entertainment. But it's all in good fun, I assume we are all car lovers here.

I'm not comparing an awd GTR to a rwd manual. Yes, a rwd manual is more difficult to drive/master than a GTR. But that doesn't mean the GTR is immune to anything gong less than perfectly. It seems people think the GTR is so easy to drive and a manual is so hard to drive.... The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

No. I don't know. Info on power setup, car etc... Previous tune how conservative etc...

My friends k20 turbo car went from 480 on pump to 560 on e85 with raising the boost etc... I know it picks up power but the power to be made on stock turbos and a car that makes 5xx already with meth is not going to be as big as a car thats held back bad on pump and conservative tune etc...

What forum n2speed? Southernknights? i get on there from time to time to lurk, those sites are dead.

quoted from the post...

" Making some crazy Torque numbers now I can up the timing a bit. Was at 15 degrees of timing before and with less boost and 17 degrees of timing it netted me 140+ foot pounds of torque more at 4000rpms. Can't wait to see what that equates to on the track but should improve my times quite a bit!!!!! The plan is to run less boost and more timing to get the et where it should be!!"

This is on a 9 second coyote. The site I am on...is pretty much the fastest cars in South Florida... which I do not advertise it here.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Heater
Look at you, been taking little jabs at me. I take a little jab back and it gets you upset enough for you to start making multiple posts.

LoL, thanks for that...made my night
now why would I ever take a jab at you? Im your biggest fan. I will follow you till you love me!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Banned

quoted from the post...

" Making some crazy Torque numbers now I can up the timing a bit. Was at 15 degrees of timing before and with less boost and 17 degrees of timing it netted me 140+ foot pounds of torque more at 4000rpms. Can't wait to see what that equates to on the track but should improve my times quite a bit!!!!! The plan is to run less boost and more timing to get the et where it should be!!"

This is on a 9 second coyote. The site I am on...is pretty much the fastest cars in South Florida... which I do not advertise it here.
So he picked up torque not WHP. I was talking about WHP. Woah what a cool guy lmao. That's cool, i wasn't really interested.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

So he picked up torque not WHP. I was talking about WHP. Woah what a cool guy lmao. That's cool wasn't really interested. Just curious.

lol.

Just ment I do not want to blow up the spot.....relax small wonder.

Stick to SFR lmao.

Everyone here is so sensitive
Old 05-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned

lol.

Just ment I do not want to blow up the spot.....relax small wonder.

Stick to SFR lmao.

Everyone here is so sensitive

Small wonder? Sickening comeback.

Oh okay, id hope thats what you meant. Could've just said that from the start.

I don't even know what SFR is? What is that?

Sensitive? lol to what? You gave me a good laugh. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

^^I'd think twice before I got into an internet scuffle with that guy (V-SeriesTech). He has a way with words. Just an Fyi that's all.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Demon 383
^^I'd think twice before I got into an internet scuffle with that guy (V-SeriesTech). He has a way with words. Just an Fyi that's all.
Hows his ***** taste? Besides that idc man, its the internet. Sticks and stones etc....
Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Small wonder? Sickening comeback.

Oh okay, id hope thats what you meant. Could've just said that from the start.

I don't even know what SFR is? What is that?

Sensitive? lol to what? You gave me a good laugh. Thanks.
You sound like a young boy. "South Florida Racing" ..local site...etc. I woulda expected you to know that but,.. Anyways,..anything else you need to know on life pal?

Originally Posted by Demon 383
I've been told once or twice I have a sharp tongue(no, nobody had a bloody *****,.. for all the dirty minded homos ready to pounce). Basically, I don't exactly sugar coat ****. Anywho, Nothing like dealing with locals. Always give everything a nice personal twist... suddenly the internet is a small world.

Hows his ***** taste? Besides that idc man, its the internet. Sticks and stones etc....
Hmm...unless he's a she,....I would imagine he wouldn't know. Not unless he knows a chick,..thats dabble'd in my testicular region.

But,..if you had to know, and well, you did ask,,..... i've been told, like sweet honey dew. Yes,..you know the taste,..your thinking of it right now. Is your mouth watering? You know it is. Hey, wanna go have a beer, were locals???!!!!!

******* queer.

I'm just kidding. I was only testing you. Sticks and stones and ****, right? Not with me dude. I could care less what you or anyone here says,...just here to kick some *** and chew bubblegum. I'm almost all out of bubblegum.

Kidding. Here for the racing,..reading and watching,...if someone has to step up and be a huge *****,...for logics sake....thats me,...i'm the dick.

Lets keep my ***** out of this please. I'm getting older, and they're value is increasing to me.

Matter or fact....lets keep this about the mustang beating that ***,...and get over the ***** talk.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Banned

You sound like a young boy. "South Florida Racing" ..local site...etc. I woulda expected you to know that but,.. Anyways,..anything else you need to know on life pal?
Lol Hell no. I think i joined that site in like 06-07? Never posted. Just lurked.

Only local forum im on is southerknights (i dont post on there) and JDMS for the lolz. I don't really take forums in general serious. Just here for fun.

Hmm...unless he's a she,....I would imagine he wouldn't know. Not unless he knows a chick,..thats dabble'd in my testicular region.

But,..if you had to know, and well, you did ask,,..... i've been told, like sweet honey dew. Yes,..you know the taste,..your thinking of it right now. Is your mouth watering? You know it is. Hey, wanna go have a beer, were locals???!!!!!

******* queer.

I'm just kidding. I was only testing you. Sticks and stones and ****, right? Not with me dude. I could care less what you or anyone here says,...just here to kick some *** and chew bubblegum. I'm almost all out of bubblegum.

Kidding. Here for the racing,..reading and watching,...if someone has to step up and be a huge *****,...for logics sake....thats me,...i'm the dick.

Lets keep my ***** out of this please. I'm getting older, and they're value is increasing to me.

Matter or fact....lets keep this about the mustang beating that ***,...and get over the ***** talk.

Lollllll what has been read.

So you work at Racepartsolutions? I think my buddy kenny used to tune or work there, i forgot.

BTW demon i was just kidding about the ***** thing, im just not into the *** grabbing that goes on in here.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

quoted from the post...

Black red stripes?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Good lord that was a lot of talk about **** and *****... I feel like I need to go take a shower... Please, back to the racing now.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lol Hell no. I think i joined that site in like 06-07? Never posted. Just lurked.

Only local forum im on is southerknights (i dont post on there) and JDMS for the lolz. I don't really take forums in general serious. Just here for fun.

Lollllll what has been read.

So you work at Racepartsolutions? I think my buddy kenny used to tune or work there, i forgot.

BTW demon i was just kidding about the ***** thing, im just not into the *** grabbing that goes on in here.

No shame in saying I posted there for a while, site was kinda cool at first, then as things go, lots of new people join.....site goes down hill, etc. No, it's play land. I went to SK once or twice, haven't returned. N2S is the site for locals,...and it's decently active.

I do work @racepartsolutions.com for a while now,..left GM/Cadillac for the position. If your talking about TALL Kenny, he still works there but,nobody tunes there, not customers cars. We don't work on cars there either, at least, nothing customer based. I do all of my builds out of a private label shop, owned by family usually on weekends.

I don't think anyone was *** grabbing but, to each they're own when it comes to perspective. I think all he was saying is,..hey,..don't take offense to what the dude is saying...it's just the way it comes out.

Anyways,...dammitman.

Here, everyone watch a video. Smoke a joint,.. grab a drink,..whatever it is you gotta do to relax...

Old 05-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Banned

No shame in saying I posted there for a while, site was kinda cool at first, then as things go, lots of new people join.....site goes down hill, etc. No, it's play land. I went to SK once or twice, haven't returned. N2S is the site for locals,...and it's decently active.
Yeah i try to get on N2S cause it seems like all the cool die hard domestic guys post on there but last time i was on it was dead. The scene down here has been dieing slowly since the SRMS events have popped up. You seen that ****?
I do work @racepartsolutions.com for a while now,..left GM/Cadillac for the position. If your talking about TALL Kenny, he still works there but,nobody tunes there, not customers cars. We don't work on cars there either, at least, nothing customer based. I do all of my builds out of a private label shop, owned by family usually on weekends.

I don't think anyone was *** grabbing but, to each they're own when it comes to perspective. I think all he was saying is,..hey,..don't take offense to what the dude is saying...it's just the way it comes out.

Anyways,...dammitman.

Here, everyone watch a video. Smoke a joint,.. grab a drink,..whatever it is you gotta do to relax...

http://youtu.be/DjthP7r1jmo
Kenny Sampson, honda tuner kenny. He goes by "turbogixxer" tuning. I always remember him on honda-tech with racepartsolutions in his sig. I think i remember him telling me he worked there at some point. You guys got a bunch of a cool stuff in stock that no one around here carries.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah i try to get on N2S cause it seems like all the cool die hard domestic guys post on there but last time i was on it was dead. The scene down here has been dieing slowly since the SRMS events have popped up. You seen that ****?

Kenny Sampson, honda tuner kenny. He goes by "turbogixxer" tuning. I always remember him on honda-tech with racepartsolutions in his sig. I think i remember him telling me he worked there at some point. You guys got a bunch of a cool stuff in stock that no one around here carries.

N2S is mostly older street racers...kinda keep the numbers down...not to many new comer's. But, it does have it's slow days.

SRMS, I dunno what that is. The roll racing thing at PBIR? If that, I have heard of it, but I am not sure what you mean.

Kenny, yes,..Kenny is a super cool, very smart dude. He owns his own shop, and goes by turbogixxer. I never knew he worked there but, possible. I have bought parts from rps for years...thats how I know these dudes(rps). We do carry some really cool stuff,..pretty much everything you'd need to build a turbo kit/fuel system and then some. We cater to the hardcore fab shops and garage gurus. Cool place to work...plus, we have a free roaming Rabbit hopping around...so it can't be all that bad.

I talk to many of you, and many sponsors everyday. Anywho,..we're shitting on this mans thread dude.

See you around man. Lemme know if you need help with anything ever.

Quick Reply: All motor 1989 hatch Mustang murdered GT-R from dig!