Cammed Transam vs Cammed trans am.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013 | 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for telling me to check out this thread Guitar
Old 06-15-2013 | 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adamantium
Oh crap man its got a jack and spare removed. ***** GUTTED. Putting the jack and spare back in would automatically Make it go 13s @110 mph. Its just science.
It has racewheels with skinny's up front derp. Obviously you have no clue as to the benefits of less rotational weight, do you?! Full weight means just that.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It is very much the norm when done right. Everyone has a learning curve but the reality is until you go 11's with bolt-ons(other than maybe guys with really **** d/a) you should stay away from a cam. it's really not that hard with the pieces that are available today.

I could give a **** less about full weight. 200lbs falls off these cars very easily, w/o anything drastic at all. Alot of weight comes off just in the course of modding. Weight reduction is one of the best mods for a car........but I'm not talking about some hacked weight reduction/disassembly that some do..
There are guys who would rather not do any weight reduction at all minus spare & jack. Doesn't mean they have a "shitty" setup, just not willing to go the extra mile by taking **** off the car. Fact is a full weight bolt-on LS1 will have a hard time going 11's unless in some VERY good air. Stalled auto would be your best bet too. Too many variables play a role to say its practical for anyone to do it. I know plenty guys that would rather just throw a nice cam in there and run solid 11s full weight. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
Old 06-15-2013 | 10:11 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I never said they have a "shitty" set-up. But as far as mods go proper weight reduction is much less intrusive than a cam. If your worried about performance wr should be at the top of the list. It helps EVERY aspect of performance. By the time someone does exhaust and losses weight, ! air pump, !erg, !spare and the this and that's that go with it your looking at over 100lb can be lost right there. That's not even trying.

If your willing to go the extra mile to do a mod that only helps one aspect of performance then one should be willing to go the extra mile for a mod that helps all aspects of performance.

pretty sure Mike went 11.7 @ full weight in his bolt-on ls1 . Maybe he will chime in on his mods.

edit: but then again ones that don't go the extra mile are the cammed cars that don't get out of the 12's.....those guys need another hobby.
Old 06-15-2013 | 10:45 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
Thanks for telling me to check out this thread Guitar
Speaking of upper 12 sec cam only ls cars......Did you get a chance to make any passes in Guitar's car?
Old 06-15-2013 | 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Demon 383
It has racewheels with skinny's up front derp. Obviously you have no clue as to the benefits of less rotational weight, do you?! Full weight means just that.
Dude its a set of wheels and a spare tire removal, relax. You make it seem like we're talking 400-500lbs of weight reduction. The car would still go 11s at 119-120 mph in street trim, cam only. This is my point. You can't refute that. You're splitting hairs here.

Your personal view on what a FULL WEIGHT car is non existent when talking about modded cars. As soon as you change your exhaust system to anything aftermarket you drop weight so... Unless we're talking stock cars here then your view of "full weight" is non existent.

Last edited by adamantium; 06-15-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2013 | 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Get your car to the track hatan, there's something seriously wrong if the car doesn't crack 11s with your well rounded combo. Make sure to post up times in the results section
Old 06-18-2013 | 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Im in New york, and the nearest track is hors away in jersey, so im a little scared to drive it on the stock rear. but soon I want to take it.
Old 06-18-2013 | 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
Im in New york, and the nearest track is hors away in jersey, so im a little scared to drive it on the stock rear. but soon I want to take it.
Don't say it, several people on here will call you a *** and say its an excuse. Retarded logic blows my mind every time.
Old 06-18-2013 | 09:31 PM
Banned

I have a stock 10 bolt in mine i drive it everyday I was scared after the upgrades i did think it would break but it hasn't. i replaced the stock gears of course and a new cover with gasket. you will be fine if it breaks at the track im sure you can find another one for cheap.
Old 06-19-2013 | 05:51 AM
Banned

Driving it everyday isn't the issue. Both of you guys have an auto you guys have nothing to be worried about.
Old 06-19-2013 | 06:02 AM
10 Second Club

yea Im not afraid of breaking it and having toreplace it, ts getting the car home if it was to break that scares me. lol. my car has alot of miles, but wasnt abused. my rear makes no noise or anything. I think I'm gunna get gears, and take it to the track.
Old 06-19-2013 | 06:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
yea Im not afraid of breaking it and having toreplace it, ts getting the car home if it was to break that scares me. lol. my car has alot of miles, but wasnt abused. my rear makes no noise or anything. I think I'm gunna get gears, and take it to the track.
Lmao thisssss. **** the rest. Just the mission and $ to get it home and then not have a car to go to work/school. Not even worth it, just for bragging rights. Cool.
Old 06-19-2013 | 06:42 AM
10 Second Club

i mean its not that bad, my issue would just be getting it home. I have a daily driver, and I have money, Im wondering how far roadside assistance will take me, lol. we'll see, I would like to take it at least once.
Old 06-19-2013 | 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Don't say it, several people on here will call you a *** and say its an excuse. Retarded logic blows my mind every time.
Right, because he's the one claiming every guy he gave a rusty trombone to is running 11s in bolt on fbodies and crazy times in other cars when he never goes to the track or runs his car himself. I'm sure if you let one of your so many friends take you home for the night you'd certainly have a way to get your car back from the track. Also, Uhauls are cheap. So what's the excuse again, ***?
Old 06-19-2013 | 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

leave the auto and go 3.55's. just dont go to low with the stall..id say 3.55's will give u just what ur lookin for

Quick Reply: Cammed Transam vs Cammed trans am.