Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street Outlaws #1 race NEXT WEEK!!! Murder Nova vs. Street Beast

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...you guys are being very critical over this show. Sure I have an issue with their "top-10 list" method but you can't deny they have some fast cars.

I rather watch this then another youtube video with cars doing a 3-beep roll race. Really?! WTF is that crap...

For the haters. Best way to show the world how much better you can do this is sell your idea to a network and start your own show. But know this, no matter how bad *** you think it is, someone is going to rain on your parade.

Just curious. What show on TV that contains cars do y'all like?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

I for one like the show... Staged, faked or not... It's still cool to see a show about racing... Better then the other stuff on TV... I'm glad discovery stepped up and did something like this.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I heart this thread.
Feels like I'm hanging out with tv stars.

*just another cheeeee cago dumbass who had to Google all the words in this thread with more than 5 letters.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did anyone see the video where the LMR boys called out the whole list? The show sucks in my opinion but the fall out from actual street racers on the internet has by far been more entertaining
Old 06-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z-28
I for one like the show... Staged, faked or not... It's still cool to see a show about racing... Better then the other stuff on TV... I'm glad discovery stepped up and did something like this.
While it does seem a bit staged, I still find it entertaining.. What ever happened to that show Forum Wars was was supposed to take off a few years ago?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigponcho
I have the fastest street car in the world, come see me in Yemen, and I will prove it. Thats basically what these guys in okc are doing, calling people out to come to them, if they were the fastest in the country they would do the traveling.
You give any one of these guys a good reason to run for a decent amount of cash and I promise you most of them will be on there way.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxplusten
did anyone see the video where the LMR boys called out the whole list? The show sucks in my opinion but the fall out from actual street racers on the internet has by far been more entertaining
No, link?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Old 06-21-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

I wish LMR would take one of those cars to OKC and get WORKED.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bigponcho
I have the fastest street car in the world, come see me in Yemen, and I will prove it. Thats basically what these guys in okc are doing, calling people out to come to them, if they were the fastest in the country they would do the traveling.
I
Originally Posted by ajrothm
I for one like the show... Staged, faked or not... It's still cool to see a show about racing... Better then the other reality **** on TV... Especially since speed TV went NASCAR and now went under all together..

I'm glad discovery stepped up and did something a little "risqué"..

Hell if anything, maybe we'll see some people blow some **** up.
agree
Originally Posted by stumprrp
regardless if they are street cars, that monte is ****** BAD

1500hp Monte Carlo STREET BEAST - YouTube
with all of this
Old 06-22-2013, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

I watched a couple of shows, and got to say LOL, street cars...Hahaha

All in all i liked the show, it is a little on the drama side, but that is discovery's fault. However, I think someone posted some videos of the Nova guy Calling out the entire country, with his Race car. There is no doubt the cars on the list are fast, but then i seen race cars, the farmtruck and the el camino are the only two I seen that would be street cars.

Do they have tags and insurance? I am sure they do, most of the fast cars on the list are race cars. wheelie bars and chutes, delay boxes, full suit and helmets, REALLY?

I don't know any Fast cars around here that run in fire suits and helmets. and yeah we have cars that run 5.50's in the 1/8. And they don't have to trailer them everywhere, do they trailer them out to a spot and then drive them, Absolutely! But to call some these cars, street cars is kinda funny since most of those cars are track cars, no wonder they worry about the cops, the only time we have to worry about the cops is when we are actually racing.

Still a cool show, street outlaws Yeap, but street cars? are you really that High? I just had to LOL about all the call outs and chest beating i have heard before i watched the show.

OKC, great idea, fast cars, cool show. Next you simply need to call out cars like yours and see what happens, I read a bunch of stuff on YB but didn't see the cars till today..

Again Hahahahaha
Old 06-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Launching!

stock appearing interior ,2 seats, tag , insured, is what i was always told was a true street car. it has to have stock looking interior . so no gutting it without making it look like it suppose to.

anything ever come of lmr callout
Old 06-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I remember living in OK lots of fast cars and lots of sleeper, but personally I don't think they got anything on TX. Lots of those "street" cars are trailered around. Sure they have tags insurance bla bla bla but they are gutted street cars that spend 90% of their lives on trailers.... Not a true street car...
Old 06-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
I wish LMR would take one of those cars to OKC and get WORKED.
Okc boys should let Lmr tune some of their cars... Maybe they would run worth a ****! lol!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:24 AM
TECH Resident

^Any one car specifically? I have nothing against LMR even though the "callout" was pretty gay.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Okc boys should let Lmr tune some of their cars... Maybe they would run worth a ****! lol!
Plenty of okie cars that run worth a ****.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the show its entertaining, at least there's a show with racing in it, although I don't agree with some of those cars being street cars, they used to have a street car shootout around here at the local strip, but the condition was all cars entering the event had to go cruise around the area for somewhere in between 30mins to an hour before going to race, in other words they were put through daily driving conditions before being allowed to enter, to prove the car was a street car
Old 06-24-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Not sure why they bother with all of this callout rubbish. Everyone knows an F10 M5 would walk any of these cars.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Didn't street racing used to be run what you brung?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It still is for the most part, until you get people who know they're outmatched and start wanting lengths and the hit lol, I was just speculating on the actual street car aspect of it, just some of those cars I couldn't see holding up to an hour of daily driving conditions, I could be dead wrong but its just my opinion

Quick Reply: Street Outlaws #1 race NEXT WEEK!!! Murder Nova vs. Street Beast