Old 07-10-2013, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

That's one bad ****
Old 07-10-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
I see factory panels and seat in the video.. But it probably still only weighs 3K, possibly less being a Fox.

It freight trained a car that its VERY base model you can buy makes 500HP and does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. This is an upgraded model that is modded. Mid 11s @ 120 are magazine stock times.
Let that sink in a little.
also weighs alot..with those times being done on a prepped track with a driver.

trust me man, you never know when it comes to street racing and i never doubt anything or anyone cuz thats when u get bit in the ***.. just like your track times.. i dont doubt you run those times..its just not that easy for the average guy to do.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW... The GTR it ran on an unprepped surface was an easy 600AWHP car.

This Porsche had to be make considerably more since they let him prep.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

But I do like drinking beer!
with ya there bud
Old 07-10-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
also weighs alot..with those times being done on a prepped track with a driver.

trust me man, you never know when it comes to street racing and i never doubt anything or anyone cuz thats when u get bit in the ***.. just like your track times.. i dont doubt you run those times..its just not that easy for the average guy to do.
Still being done on a street tire with a bone stock car. I'm willing to bet that porsche had a little bit of sticky helping it out. They wouldn't come to a race like this without some kind of advantage.

But I am the average guy!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Light + well built 331 + traction + driver mod = tough to beat from a dig on the street. If he was running spray, I am sure that the guys running him for money would have checked it out beforehand. There are only so many places to hide a nitrous bottle.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Work? Yes.

Like you see in the video, no.

There is a certain way pimp juice, VHT, etc etc need to be applied to get the correct response from them.

Sprayers, Burnout... Then sprayers with a rolling burn out (spray the entire time)... Back up sprayers another rolling burn out (sprayers still going.) After this try to kill a minute or two before launching if possible. Say you need to check tire pressure or some BS and use as much time up as possible.
The hotter you get it, the better it works... Obviously you can't torch it since you are trying to be discrete.... But that is the reason for the rolling burn out.
Then back up and launch where you have sprayed/burned out.

That would be the best method without being noticeable.

Spraying it, burn out, launching... That isn't going to yield too great of results. You would see an increase of traction but I'm not sure it would be worth your money.

Most people won't bitch if you start pouring orange soda down.. It isn't going to help nearly as much as VHT/juice but it will help.
If they think it isn't orange soda, drink some.
Well Im thinking in terms of my car. It aint gonna be pulling crazy 60fts, but If I could hook all or more power in lower gears it would help out a ton. Having it hooked to a WOT switch or something so its spraying the entire pull.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still being done on a street tire with a bone stock car. I'm willing to bet that porsche had a little bit of sticky helping it out. They wouldn't come to a race like this without some kind of advantage.

But I am the average guy!
id hope the porsche came prepared...it looked like it left fine. that fox is just an animal.. does anyone know what it actually runs at the track?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Well Im thinking in terms of my car. It aint gonna be pulling crazy 60fts, but If I could hook all or more power in lower gears it would help out a ton. Having it hooked to a WOT switch or something so its spraying the entire pull.
problem is the vht needs heat and time in open air to tack up...if your spraying it the entire pull you might just make ur traction worst. but i could be wrong.

another thing is you'll hate your life trying to clean all that crap off everything. its a great concept though
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Light + well built 331 + traction + driver mod = tough to beat from a dig on the street. If he was running spray, I am sure that the guys running him for money would have checked it out beforehand. There are only so many places to hide a nitrous bottle.
You can get pretty creative... And sometimes people aren't allowed to look cars over.. Or you can but no opening doors/etc.

I have no reason to believe them... I have a little more reason to not believe them watching the car leave and freight train 600+Whp cars. LOL

Correct.

However, you don't want to spray WHILE racing. It needs time to set.

problem is the vht needs heat and time in open air to tack up...if your spraying it the entire pull you might just make ur traction worst. but i could be wrong.

another thing is you'll hate your life trying to clean all that crap off everything. its a great concept though
No, you're correct.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Well I usually do a some pulls to get the tires warm before racing anyway on the highway. If I sprayed when the tires would be nice and warm (audibly) and if the VHT stayed tacky enough on the tire and not come off right away, it could provide some benefit. Maybe not spray during the race but just before?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I usually do a some pulls to get the tires warm before racing anyway on the highway. If I sprayed when the tires would be nice and warm (audibly) and if the VHT stayed tacky enough on the tire and not come off right away, it could provide some benefit. Maybe not spray during the race but just before?
From a roll I don't see it helping almost any at all... There are a few tricks you could do but it will eat up tires quick, I won't advice it because it is actually putting harmful to rubber chemicals... On rubber... Then going and doing 100+MPH on them. Not smart IMO...

The best thing I could think for you to do the technique I posted about initially... The burnout, then 2 rolling burn outs... Immediately following that go run.

You might try spraying the tires for 2-3 seconds each about 30 seconds before the next run. I would NOT recommend putting ANYTHING on tires during a run. I would rather possibly have less traction than even the possibility of no traction while WOT at high speeds with a car next to me.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

honestly the only way i see it working is hooking it up to an on/off momentary switch.. spray it while doing a good burnout to get things coated and hot.. but like said the stuff needs time to set and tack. you will eliminate people or yourself actually spraying the tires outside of the car though.

like lemons said... once the tires are warm and coated you wanna wait as long as possible for the stuff to really tack up.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

For traction to greatly increase, the actual patch you trying to create traction on has to change.

Keep in mind, STICKY doesn't mean traction.

You can walk over a track and your shoes come off, doesn't mean it is going to hook worth a damn.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Is it cool air that causes it to tack up? because you could reduce the time that is required by routing a purge, or air line that blasts compressed air or nitrous to the applied tires.

Just a thought.

If its heat you could just open the cutout or something.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FoHawk
Is it cool air that causes it to tack up? because you could reduce the time that is required by routing a purge, or air line that blasts compressed air or nitrous to the applied tires.

Just a thought.

If its heat you could just open the cutout or something.
It is heat.

To get it to speed up the best way is to bring a propane torch and walk down the line.. However, this isn't always possible. "

I don't see a cutout doing much... 3 FT away that air might only be a few degrees warmer than the outside temps.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

It is heat.

To get it to speed up the best way is to bring a propane torch and walk down the line.. However, this isn't always possible. "

I don't see a cutout doing much... 3 FT away that air might only be a few degrees warmer than the outside temps.

Wasnt real sure which one it was, I knew they used heat, but then it had to sit a little bit to tack up, so I was thinking maybe it needed to cool down. But if its all heat, then you could route your exhaust near the tires, but like you said... it might not be that effective.

just bring the tourch
Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Yea.. No prep. LOL

Alright dude..

Are you looking at the same road I'm looking at?

yea I am..I filmed it and Ive been there like 1000 times lol that street was the **** like 1 year ago it was 10x better than it is right now the city used a machine and scraped all the grip there was there...

I didnt see anyone prepping the mustangs lane just saw them use vht and do 2 burnouts with it...Even without using vht that car hooks lol
Old 07-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Do you think this stuff would work on a spray nozzle aimed at the tire for on the spot traction?
it only works with drag radials/slicks with street tires u will slip more than hook.
just pour a puddle in front of your tire roll up into it and burnout then dont back up into the puddle anymore just a little in front.

Quick Reply: Best wheelie in the street