Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2014 5.3 sierra vs 6.2 sierra vs 2014 f 150

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok now that we have beaten this subject to death... lets see how much we can beat to death the Ford Festiva VS the Chevy Sonic...

Seriously... Go out and race something, get laid, see a movie, jump out of a plane (hopefully with no chute), go cougar hunting, smoke a bag of weed, throw some beers back, hell even cuddle with a puppy....

STOP ARGUING OVER NONSENSE YOU MINDLESS PROPAGANDA EATING DRONES!!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smoke a bag of weed.

How big we talking here evan?
Old 08-03-2013, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

to the point where you are too lazy to keep smoking...
Old 08-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evangto87
to the point where you are too lazy to keep smoking...
Old 08-03-2013, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lmfao!!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Jim Beam alright instead? That and some Dr. Pepper is what's treating me mighty fine right now
Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

canadian rye ftw
Old 08-04-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
5yr 100k warranty whats to worry on GM and Dodge. But i would worry about a Ford with there weak warranty.
Wow... Another sucker buying into the whole warranty thing...

Apparently, since more people still buy the more expensive F-series than GM or Ram pickups, those people either don't care about the propaganda, or they simply know the Ford won't be letting them down...

For the record, ONLY morons really, truly care which stock full size pickup is fastest in the scheme of things. People who buy Fords often do exactly what GM and Ram buyers don't... WORK their trucks instead of just racing them in some lame attempt to claim superiority.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Wow... Another sucker buying into the whole warranty thing...
right, because warranties are such a scam, especially on cars, which often need frequent and expensive service. might as well just skip the whole warranty and let your brand new engine fail and eat that cost because warranties are for suckers, right?

People who buy Fords often do exactly what GM and Ram buyers don't... WORK their trucks instead of just racing them in some lame attempt to claim superiority.
now you just sound like a ******* retard if you didn't already... even a dumbass like you can't claim to have never seen a dodge or gm truck working. i won't pretend i actually keep track, but i'm pretty sure i've seen an equal number of all three brands doing all types of work all the time.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Banned

lmao all of the work trucks at my job that i drive are GM powered. All haul several pallets of **** on the daily.

Last edited by adamantium; 08-04-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
right, because warranties are such a scam, especially on cars, which often need frequent and expensive service. might as well just skip the whole warranty and let your brand new engine fail and eat that cost because warranties are for suckers, right?
It's the TIME AND DISTANCE part I was referring to, genius.

MOST new cars don't need any significant service AT ALL until they surpass 36,000 miles and many new cars today, in fact, probably 95% or so, don't even require a simple tune up until 100,000 miles... Does it sound good to offer a 100,000 mile warranty on a power train(that's all that's actually covered, and not all of it) that isn't required it's FIRST significant maintenance until that time???? ... I'm the retard, of course... you just aren't intelligent enough to think for yourself without blatant help... whatever.

now you just sound like a ******* retard if you didn't already... even a dumbass like you can't claim to have never seen a dodge or gm truck working. i won't pretend i actually keep track, but i'm pretty sure i've seen an equal number of all three brands doing all types of work all the time.
Unlike you, I didn't make any claim...

I'm about over all you eggheads coming on here trying to make a name for yourselves... I don't need some wannabe coming in here telling the world how stupid I am ONLY because they're not bright enough to figure out up from down without a directional pointer!

NOW... I'll make some claims, since your "retard" mind brought it up, being the **** for brain you truly are...

READY? OPEN YOUR EYES, concentrate... AND LEARN!!!!

FACT: FORD offers the best selling VEHICLE in American HISTORY... It's the F-series and it has (long ago) outsold EVERY other offering in America, INCLUDING CARS!

FACT: F-series currently outsells GM pickups, COMBINED!

FACT: Ford OWNS work! EXAMPLE: Dodge is used by 1% of metal miners... Chevy(hence forth, GM) is used by 19% and SUPER DUTY is used by 74%... That's A TAD of OWNING!

FORESTRY: F-series is used by MERELY 52% while Silverado gets 24% and RAM gets 13. Again, FORD DOMINATES!

HEAVY CONSTRUCTION: GM again hits 24% and RAM proudly sits at 12% while Super Duty gets a paltry 55%...

CRUDE REFINEMENT: Super Duty gets 66% while GM gets 14% and RAM gets 6%... Is there a PATTERN DEVELOPING, DUNCE???

GOV'T SERVICES: 76% FORD, 15% Chevy and 6% RAM

RECYCLING WORK: 64% 17% 11%... GUESS the order!

HEAVY HAULING: Ford, 50%, Chevy, 26% and RAM 16%...

UTILITY SERVICES: 60,23,11... SAME ORDER!

ELECTRIC, GAS, SANITATION: Same order again... 62%, 21% and 9%...

HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE: Ford, 75% GM, 12% and RAM gets 5%.

If, for some odd reason, EVEN YOU didn't figure this out, we have a padded cell awaiting. Do yourself a favor and don't get involved in things you don't know SQUAT about before asking someone like me, who does... or go GET AND KEEP track of the information! Lemme know when you wanna call me out again. First, though, study some...

For EVERY battle there's a price to pay... Now PICK UP YOUR TEETH and go home! Take your fruity salad with you!

PS The above "claims" came from POLK, not me. I simply looked into it...

Now back to our regularly scheduled, "Mine's faster than yours!" discussion...
Old 08-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Banned

MOST new cars don't need any significant service AT ALL until they surpass 36,000 miles and many new cars today, in fact, probably 95% or so, don't even require a simple tune up until 100,000 miles... Does it sound good to offer a 100,000 mile warranty on a power train(that's all that's actually covered, and not all of it) that isn't required it's FIRST significant maintenance until that time???? ... I'm the retard, of course... you just aren't intelligent enough to think for yourself without blatant help... whatever.
lmao This logic is so retarded. Looks like the usual for you though.

90% of manual mustangs have gone to the ford dealership for transmission issues. Ask the owners of these 5.0s how happy they are when ford tells em to go **** themselves.

My friends mustang had these issues at 1000 miles in. Barely broken in and already was grinding third gear and pedal would sink to the floor. How happy would you be after spending 3xk on a car that has transmission issues with 1000 miles into driving? Warranty is needed for ANY car that is going to be driven hard.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Unlike you, I didn't make any claim...

I'm about over all you eggheads coming on here trying to make a name for yourselves... I don't need some wannabe coming in here telling the world how stupid I am ONLY because they're not bright enough to figure out up from down without a directional pointer!

NOW... I'll make some claims, since your "retard" mind brought it up, being the **** for brain you truly are...

READY? OPEN YOUR EYES, concentrate... AND LEARN!!!!

FACT: FORD offers the best selling VEHICLE in American HISTORY... It's the F-series and it has (long ago) outsold EVERY other offering in America, INCLUDING CARS!

FACT: F-series currently outsells GM pickups, COMBINED!

FACT: Ford OWNS work! EXAMPLE: Dodge is used by 1% of metal miners... Chevy(hence forth, GM) is used by 19% and SUPER DUTY is used by 74%... That's A TAD of OWNING!

FORESTRY: F-series is used by MERELY 52% while Silverado gets 24% and RAM gets 13. Again, FORD DOMINATES!

HEAVY CONSTRUCTION: GM again hits 24% and RAM proudly sits at 12% while Super Duty gets a paltry 55%...

CRUDE REFINEMENT: Super Duty gets 66% while GM gets 14% and RAM gets 6%... Is there a PATTERN DEVELOPING, DUNCE???

GOV'T SERVICES: 76% FORD, 15% Chevy and 6% RAM

RECYCLING WORK: 64% 17% 11%... GUESS the order!

HEAVY HAULING: Ford, 50%, Chevy, 26% and RAM 16%...

UTILITY SERVICES: 60,23,11... SAME ORDER!

ELECTRIC, GAS, SANITATION: Same order again... 62%, 21% and 9%...

HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE: Ford, 75% GM, 12% and RAM gets 5%.

If, for some odd reason, EVEN YOU didn't figure this out, we have a padded cell awaiting. Do yourself a favor and don't get involved in things you don't know SQUAT about before asking someone like me, who does... or go GET AND KEEP track of the information! Lemme know when you wanna call me out again. First, though, study some...

For EVERY battle there's a price to pay... Now PICK UP YOUR TEETH and go home! Take your fruity salad with you!

PS The above "claims" came from POLK, not me. I simply looked into it...

Now back to our regularly scheduled, "Mine's faster than yours!" discussion...

Old 08-04-2013, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

People who buy Fords often do exactly what GM and Ram buyers don't... WORK their trucks instead of just racing them in some lame attempt to claim superiority.
orly?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Bro you are full of it lol. My 2012 ram 1500 i bought new has 65k miles on it. It has pulled trailers since day one. So did my 2006 ram 3500, 6.4 powerstroke and 7.3 stroker also my 2003 chevy 1500. You sound like a ******* idiot when you say Ram and GM owners don't use there trucks to work. More then half of hotshot rigs and welders use cummins powered rams in Tx. Nobody likes being in the shop or broke down on the side of the road with a pos powerstroke. And yeah a 5yr 100k warranty is better than any Ford warranty.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

because 6.0 powerstrokes were known for working hard.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Lol maybe to It'llrun But us folks that work trucks know that they couldn't pull a load without popping the heads or turbo going out or egr the list goes on. Even if the truck had a warranty you would go broke with the truck being in the shop all the time not making you any money.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Didn't know us ford truck owners work our trucks.

Damn.

Thanks for letting me know!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 413 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
because 6.0 powerstrokes were known for working hard.
Really...lol....Same with 2v 4.6 and 5.4 trucks....lmao Those things work hard to move the truck empty. I still don't understand how Ford stayed in business making that kinda crap.

I guess people bought into the best selling vehicle thing and just kept buying it.....kinda like the best selling car the camry. What a horrible car. Driving one is like driving a refrigerator.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Really...lol....Same with 2v 4.6 and 5.4 trucks....lmao Those things work hard to move the truck empty. I still don't understand how Ford stayed in business making that kinda crap.

I guess people bought into the best selling vehicle thing and just kept buying it.....kinda like the best selling car the camry. What a horrible car. Driving one is like driving a refrigerator.

ugh those 2v trucks were absolutely brutal. the 3v's weren't much better either.

Quick Reply: 2014 5.3 sierra vs 6.2 sierra vs 2014 f 150