Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Anyone taking side bets? I got $20 paypal on the LT1 for the 1/8 mile run
If I was a betting man, I would take you up on that...if not raise it.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So bc you did 6 years that gives you the right to mouth off about other service members? The corp obviously didn't teach you **** in those six years, this will be the first time I've ever sided with a ford over Chevy in a race but lawhead I hope you drag his ***. And if he has the ***** to run the 1/4 I hope you do it again
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Anyone taking side bets? I got $20 paypal on the LT1 for the 1/8 mile run
I got $20 on the Cobra.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got 200-300 on the Cobra..... Per run
Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
So bc you did 6 years that gives you the right to mouth off about other service members? The corp obviously didn't teach you **** in those six years, this will be the first time I've ever sided with a ford over Chevy in a race but lawhead I hope you drag his ***. And if he has the ***** to run the 1/4 I hope you do it again
I find it common that the Corp has that I'm better than everyone else attitude since its breed into their heads daily some just aren't mind strong enough to fight what's forced down their throat . They are the best of the best and have no problem gloating .... Even the paper pushers
Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It all depends on how much he dials it in by then.

Everyone should know its a quicker car then a 7.7(the 396 is currently the same times as his 350 was, lol), but nobody knows by how much. Street tires on a 5.13 geared 396 was a lesson in futility to launch, and the poor 60' times show that. How much a proper tire and tune will help (it is currently shifting into OD) is anyones guess.

Should be a good race.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

She's hungry
Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

this race is never going to happen
Old 08-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Op, you sir are making a fool of yourself. I have seen nothing but posts as long as novels full of butt hurt, and ricer math out of you (Zero facts). Yet you can't read posts directed towards you in setting up this race that are maybe a sentence or two ? Provide facts and lock in this race or go write short story's and ramble on elsewhere...
Old 08-05-2013, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OVA1
Not sure how it happened, but I missed this post.

LOL! Look Scout, if you don't understand air density, despite driving a setup built around the principle that high pressure is mo' betta… then I can't see any reason to spend the time to explain it to you hear.

Suffice it to say that cooler air is more dense air, more dense the air, the more efficient the combustion… (Mo' POWUH!)

So, let's be clear what you're asking above.

Are you seriously doubting that my car could not beat 12.1 in the 1/4 mile? 'Cause, I did that Friday night. So, I mean if it's just the bench racin' you're looking for, using the data in evidence, you've already lost that one.

Or are you needing my car to trap higher than 118? Not sure what the relevance of that is… but if you can produce a valid argument showing relevance of the measured speed, I'll give ya the courtesy of hearing you out and giving it objective consideration.

My position is he who crosses the trap first wins the race and with ABSOLUTELY NO (NONE, NADA, ZIP) consideration for how fast one is going, be they first or second.

There was a guy in an old Firebird, think it was a 98, that used to run 7.50s trapping 88-90 mph almost every time.

That guy would beat your 12.1 by nearly half a second.

There was another guy that ran a bad *** Z28, on a 75 shot, trapped 7.2s 94-96 mph. He would have crushed your 12.1 like the proverbial Mustank BUG. Pulling no three cars on you… LOL! You'd have to delete the pulley ALL TOGETHER and just rap it around the shaft.

He never ran it on the 1/4, but most of those who offered an opinion felt that car would clock out at 11.3ish… trapping better than 120-122 or 3.

Born and raised in Florida… Was racing here long before you were a twinkle in Momma's eye. And it is ALWAYS about how badass my 396 Stroker is.

Now quit cryin' and pick a date and let's get this thing setup.
Still waiting for this 1/4 mile slip you said beat mine......
Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
Lol... What the hell are you cryin' about??

Being an American means I claim the right to criticize anything I witness which warrants criticism... The responsibility to do so only where there exist a valid reason for the criticism, sustains the right.

My service provides that I am intimately familiar with what 'service' is, what it cost and the pain involved in getting it done.

So you bet your *** that I am entitled to criticize...

Now, will there be anything else?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I've never stated that I have a 1/4 mile slip showing anything, your erroneous inference notwithstanding.

So at ease, rest yourself... you can stop waiting.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Do you honestly read what you post.....It's in bold letters for yourself to see that you are in fact......a bench racer and using other peoples car to stack up against mine LMFAO

Get those hotel reservations yet?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1FTMFW
Op, you sir are making a fool of yourself. I have seen nothing but posts as long as novels full of butt hurt, and ricer math out of you (Zero facts). Yet you can't read posts directed towards you in setting up this race that are maybe a sentence or two ? Provide facts and lock in this race or go write short story's and ramble on elsewhere...
LOL! Now THAT is adorable.

My guess, based upon the above evidence, is that 'Novel' is not a concept with which you're too familiar, along with relevance or cogency.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Do you honestly read what you post.....It's in bold letters for yourself to see that you are in fact......a bench racer and using other peoples car to stack up against mine LMFAO

(Yep... You're booked for Saturday 9/7. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll forward the confirmation.)
Oh! Is it?

Let's look and see... Now you said that I claimed to have a 1/4 mile slip from my car having run my car down the qrtr mile, proving that my car will beat yours in the 1/4 when I said this:

"Are you seriously doubting that my car could beat 12.1 in the 1/4 mile? 'Cause, I did that Friday night. So, I mean if it's just the bench racin' you're looking for, using the data in evidence, you've already lost that one."

Now let's see... Zzz. zZz zzz ZzZz zuh ... Nope! Nothing about my having a quarter mile slip of my car having run the qrtr mile.

Once again you fall victim to your own fatally flawed reasoning. Which for a civil engineer, that ain't good.

Last edited by OVA1; 08-05-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

You clearly stated you think your car WOULD beat mine in a 1/4 race with nothing but bench racing to back it up....

Let me guess 3 other cars at your local track will mop me up in the 1/4 right?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Oh! Is it?

Let's look and see... Now you said that I claimed to have a 1/4 mile slip from my car having run my car down the qrtr mile, proving that my car will beat yours in the 1/4 when I said this:

"Are you seriously doubting that my car could not beat 12.1 in the 1/4 mile? 'Cause, I did that Friday night. So, I mean if it's just the bench racin' you're looking for, using the data in evidence, you've already lost that one."

Now let's see... Zzz. zZz zzz ZzZz zuh ... Nope! Nothing about my having a quarter mile slip of my car having run the qrts mile.

Once again you fall victim to your own fatally flawed reasoning. Which for a civil engineer, that ain't good.
You said you did it......Lets see it
Old 08-05-2013, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Wow...just wow. 0_o
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

I find it common that the Corp has that I'm better than everyone else attitude since its breed into their heads daily some just aren't mind strong enough to fight what's forced down their throat . They are the best of the best and have no problem gloating .... Even the paper pushers
Well there's that and the stats which say we literally ARE better. Due to the higher standards designed to discriminate against those who can't rise TO those standards. And the training that those standards define...

But I adore the pathetic attempts to set that aside. 'The think that they're better than us just because their standards are higher and they train longer and harder than we do... ."

LOL...always a hoot!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Well there's that and the stats which say we literally ARE better. Due to the higher standards designed to discriminate against those who can't rise TO those standards. And the training that those standards define...

But I adore the pathetic attempts to set that aside. 'The think that they're better than us just because their standards are higher and they train longer and harder than we do... ."

LOL...always a hoot!
I said the Corp is the best of the best........You can't read worth a ****....

Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS