Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
In naples florida there are like no fast cars. Thats why this guys head is so inflated.

I know several guys who used to live there and tell me about the scene. My buddy said the fastest car at the time he was there was some shitty srt4. This was back in 08ish. Theres like one track and its a 1/8 and its a POS. All there is in naples is old retired people.

Besides miami i think tampa and orlando has the bigger street racing scene of FL. But besides them Miami has the fastest cars in all FL. IMO.
Well you're buddy was wrong. I know the Skittle of which ya speak and while it was a quick little dude… It wasn't near quick enough. I owned among the fastest street cars in town, assuming that those who stage up at the track are the fastest cars…

Ran 7.20s

Nothing big about my head Scout. It's just racin… and I'll race anyone that stages up. But not being an imbecile, I race what is sustainable… which is light to light, 0-60 or 80 or what have ya.

But other than that there's no where to run here… You run up 75 more than a few times and the Wolf pack will set down on you so hard and fast, you'll wonder if you ever had a car at all… and once that's done, they crush your car.

No thanks…

It is true however that the fastest cars are found on the east coast. Tampa and Orlando also have their all stars. But they've got tons of open, un-patrolled roads to haul it down, including numerous E-way arteries…

We have one north/south interstate and one east west.

But how cool is it that a stage three Mustank wannabe feels it knows something about being fast?

Stage 3s are a dime a dozen around here… . They won't run… When ya DO gettem to run, they hit it and bail the moment ya start to walk 'em.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
'

All I know is there is a barbed wire fence that seems to go on for miles and miles.
This will answer all......is it on the left or the right side of the road lol
Old 08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

When the hell are you going to stop talking about other cars and talk about your own car ?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

That's what I was figuring. The closest 1/8th mile to me does not prep extremely well. The is one a little further that if you tried walking on it you would leave your shoes and socks on the track... they VHT the whole track.. very good traction there...break stuff traction. This one is where all the local quick x275 cars run.
Well ours preps very well on Bracket night… and they say that they prep well on TNT night. But I've run both and there's no comparison.

The other thing they've said tho', is that on TNT night the kids burn their radials and clutter the track… plus the pickups bring all the crap they have in their bed. LOL! We spent two hours one night waiting for them to clean an unholy mess some concrete contractor spilled all over the stage and down the length of the left lane. So that could be part it as well.

I found a track over on the east coast a couple of weeks ago, it's called County Line… I do not know if its 1/4 or 1/8th but its 2 hours out and I think I might run over and check it out once I get past this surge we're working through at work.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
When the hell are you going to stop talking about other cars and talk about your own car ?
LOL! To whom is that directive addressed?

Did you pick a date yet?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

I told you the 6th or 7th would be the best days

Where are your 1/4 mile times that are so much better than mine you speak of....
Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
Well you're buddy was wrong. I know the Skittle of which ya speak and while it was a quick little dude… It wasn't near quick enough. I owned among the fastest street cars in town, assuming that those who stage up at the track are the fastest cars…

Ran 7.20s

Nothing big about my head Scout. It's just racin… and I'll race anyone that stages up. But not being an imbecile, I race what is sustainable… which is light to light, 0-60 or 80 or what have ya.

But other than that there's no where to run here… You run up 75 more than a few times and the Wolf pack will set down on you so hard and fast, you'll wonder if you ever had a car at all… and once that's done, they crush your car.

No thanks…

It is true however that the fastest cars are found on the east coast. Tampa and Orlando also have their all stars. But they've got tons of open, un-patrolled roads to haul it down, including numerous E-way arteries…

We have one north/south interstate and one east west.

But how cool is it that a stage three Mustank wannabe feels it knows something about being fast?

Stage 3s are a dime a dozen around here… . They won't run… When ya DO gettem to run, they hit it and bail the moment ya start to walk 'em.
You seriously think there are places and long deserted roads to run in miami? A big *** over crowded city? LMFAO.

The scene over there in naples sucks because it sucks. Thats it. Don't blame it on the road. **** look how shitty it is you know what particular skittle i was talking about, if you told me that id ask "Which one?"

You are the perfect example of why some guys i know argue to me that $ isn't all you need to build a fast car. I always say BS $ is all you need, but right now i kind of understand what they mean.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Not sure how it happened, but I missed this post.

LOL! Look Scout, if you don't understand air density, despite driving a setup built around the principle that high pressure is mo' betta… then I can't see any reason to spend the time to explain it to you hear.

Suffice it to say that cooler air is more dense air, more dense the air, the more efficient the combustion… (Mo' POWUH!)

So, let's be clear what you're asking above.

Are you seriously doubting that my car could not beat 12.1 in the 1/4 mile? 'Cause, I did that Friday night. So, I mean if it's just the bench racin' you're looking for, using the data in evidence, you've already lost that one.

Or are you needing my car to trap higher than 118? Not sure what the relevance of that is… but if you can produce a valid argument showing relevance of the measured speed, I'll give ya the courtesy of hearing you out and giving it objective consideration.

My position is he who crosses the trap first wins the race and with ABSOLUTELY NO (NONE, NADA, ZIP) consideration for how fast one is going, be they first or second.

There was a guy in an old Firebird, think it was a 98, that used to run 7.50s trapping 88-90 mph almost every time.

That guy would beat your 12.1 by nearly half a second.

There was another guy that ran a bad *** Z28, on a 75 shot, trapped 7.2s 94-96 mph. He would have crushed your 12.1 like the proverbial Mustank BUG. Pulling no three cars on you… LOL! You'd have to delete the pulley ALL TOGETHER and just rap it around the shaft.

He never ran it on the 1/4, but most of those who offered an opinion felt that car would clock out at 11.3ish… trapping better than 120-122 or 3.

Born and raised in Florida… Was racing here long before you were a twinkle in Momma's eye. And it is ALWAYS about how badass my 396 Stroker is.

Now quit cryin' and pick a date and let's get this thing setup.
here you are talking about how YOUR car ran better than mine with an 1/8th mile slip and run.......Post your 1/4 mile runs and stop talking about what other cars would have beat me....And like I said its only going to be cold on your side of the track and 100 degrees on mine...

Last edited by Lawhead; 08-04-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
Jesus **** the butthurt by those long posts is overwhelming.
Well don't try to take in all at once… Set the old iPad next to the crapper and multi-task during what would otherwise be downtime.

It's good to expose one's self to full and complete thoughts, in this OMG, LOL, WTF, ADHD world.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

that car better be fast cause it sure is ugly as ****
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is retarded.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Now, it's pathetic enough when one does so from… Oh I dunno, say Louisiana. 'Cause they are just plain, punk-***, pansy, wanna-be smack talkin'. No one is going to drive 16 hours to back it up and it's not reasonable to that they'd do so.
To be fair, when I said I would line my car up with you, I didn't know where you were from. If you would have been closer, I would have drove a few hours one way to meet up. No trailer required for a highway trip. It still has A/C, cruise, nice system, power everything, etc. When I swap the gears back to 3.27's it will be even better.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
To be fair, when I said I would line my car up with you, I didn't know where you were from. If you would have been closer, I would have drove a few hours one way to meet up. No trailer required for a highway trip. It still has A/C, cruise, nice system, power everything, etc. When I swap the gears back to 3.27's it will be even better.
He'll compare his 1/8th mile slips and say he will beat you in the 1/4 mile...
Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

here you are talking about how YOUR car ran better than mine with an 1/8th mile slip and run.......Post your 1/4 mile runs and stop talking about what other cars would have beat me....

Oh a teachable moment… wonderful!

Extrapolate: extend the application of (a method or conclusion, esp. one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.

Sound familiar?

Well a 7.7 extrapolates to an 11.9. Now ya might ask, 'based upon what?'…

Which would be a reasonable question; the answer to which is other cars of similar mass, force and resistance which have recorded their data over the measured 1/8th and quarter mile.

But none of this is relevant, as YOU and ME are going to RACE at Immokalee… and we'll then BOTH know what IS relevant when that is done.

All we're waiting on is for YOU to pick a DAY so we can begin the process of getting to gettin' it done.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Oh a teachable moment… wonderful!

Extrapolate: extend the application of (a method or conclusion, esp. one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.

Sound familiar?

Well a 7.7 extrapolates to an 11.9. Now ya might ask, 'based upon what?'…

Which would be a reasonable question; the answer to which is other cars of similar mass, force and resistance which have recorded their data over the measured 1/8th and quarter mile.

But none of this is relevant, as YOU and ME are going to RACE at Immokalee… and we'll then BOTH know what IS relevant when that is done.

All we're waiting on is for YOU to pick a DAY so we can begin the process of getting to gettin' it done.
So other cars back half that means your car will? LMFAO

Who's bench racing here? I posted VIDEO of my car running 1/4 mile times you BENCH race that your car will run 11s.......I can't wait to wipe the floor with you at YOUR home track and might even take you out to dinner after and buy you a few drinks with YOUR money after I have a wonderful day in Naples with the hotel you get me
Old 08-04-2013, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This will answer all......is it on the left or the right side of the road lol
Heading towards Myrtle Beach coming from Columbia the base is on the left.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Heading towards Myrtle Beach coming from Columbia the base is on the left.
Thats Shaw!! Thats where I am stationed !
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
I know… right! That's what I was thinkin…

I am SICK with envy on the A/C thing. That was the first thing I deleted… way back when. It was winter of course and it just didn't seem like that big a sacrifice.

Stupefyingly WRONG! It's a MAJOR SACRIFICE. Second only to the engine itself. I've got another system in the shop, but I can't get it up to go out in that heat and do anything that isn't going to either make cash or speed.

I've got a nice sound system, no sub, cause I don't want to give up the tee-top storage and I need the back to haul Slicks…

Power everything though. But I did gut the cruise and I don't miss it at all. If I'm going any distance I'll take the Miata, or if the wife is coming with, we'll take her Caddy (Land Yacht Deville)… Otherwise, most of my traveling is in one of the service vans…
Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

I know… right! That's what I was thinkin…

I am SICK with envy on the A/C thing. That was the first thing I deleted… way back when. It was winter of course and it just didn't seem like that big a sacrifice.

Stupefyingly WRONG! It's a MAJOR SACRIFICE. Second only to the engine itself. I've got another system in the shop, but I can't get it up to go out in that heat and do anything that isn't going to either make cash or speed.

I've got a nice sound system, no sub, cause I don't want to give up the tee-top storage and I need the back to haul Slicks…

Power everything though. But I did gut the cruise and I don't miss it at all. If I'm going any distance I'll take the Miata, or if the wife is coming with, we'll take her Caddy (Land Yacht Deville)… Otherwise, most of my traveling is in one of the service vans…
Any distance? so driving that street car to Orlando would be a big deal? you wouldn't even have to front for a hotel or gas plus the money you're gonna lose bring that thing up to Orlando......Will be saving you all sorts of money and same goes for you if you spend to much trying to beat the cobra I'll give you some your money back to get back home I'm already driving mine from SC but if not i'll still come down to Naples just as long as you hold up your side of the bargain
Old 08-04-2013, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

So other cars back half that means your car will? LMFAO
Oh… So you're unfamiliar with the concept of extrapolation…

And you're in the Air Force? Let me guess… Maintenance? Motor T? Know… most of those guys are fairly familiar with it… I.e.: "My trip is 20 mile long on a straight country road… I'm ten miles into it and its been six minutes, so I must have six minutes remaining."

Who's bench racing here?
That would be YOU!

I posted VIDEO of my car running 1/4 mile times you BENCH race that your car will run 11s
Extrapolate…

I can't wait to wipe the floor with you at YOUR home track and might even take you out to dinner after and buy you a few drinks with YOUR money after I have a wonderful day in Naples with the hotel you get me
Well to do that, you're FIRST gonna need to pick a date from the schedule. You're THEN going to need to bring an 11 second or better car.

And I want you to know that I am looking forward to it myself… so why doncha pick a date and let's get on with it?

Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS