Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not my fault your assumptions were wrong

I actually bought the ENTIRE car just to beat you I ran out sold my formula I was so scared....You were the one who called it a "Grudge" match on your LT1 site
Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I got a sonic blue cobra just to be like heater

You jelly ?
completely off topic, but theres a guy with your normal pullied exhaust sonic blue cobra in my neighborhood. I love the way it looks and sounds. love your car.

as for this whole race (to be fair and relevent)

lawhead is running a 100 shot. only seems fair, since ova1 said that he reserves the right to run his nano 200 shot that he hasnt run with the set up? did I read the correctly? if I did, then that gives him the edge still, so it seems more than fair.

Not taking sides, just observing. (I like both cars) Correct me if I misread.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
Lawhead already had most of the parts for his car before this call out ever happened and he already had planned on having the nitrous on the car.

I think y'all are scared that a built 396" will get out ran by a stock 281 c.i bolt on Cobra with a touch of gas
oh yea.....you mean the double power adder one?

Sad when the ford guys bash on lt's like no tomorrow and still need a double power adder to feel competitive.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WTF?
Well, FWIW, I think you are the only one that was duped. I fully understood his posts, and what he was saying/implying. It is no ones fault but your own, that you just looked at his Sig, and made an assumption. Heck, even your signature is outdated, maybe you are trying to "dupe" someone yourself. Who knows? He has even made a statement as such.
Huh… What's out of date on my signature? Are you speaking of the single pass made, two years ago, immediately after the newly built engine which was installed and bolted up to a worn out tranny? A pass which produced an 8.4 in the 1/8th?

Seriously?

That being said, "Who Cares"? I was right there with you on the first page or three, but when the hating seemed to subside, you just stayed on your soap box. It really does seem that you are trying just a weeeee bit too hard to articulate your posts and sound as if you are intelligent.
Yes… I hear you saying that I'm a fraud, trying too hard to appear intelligent… and high principle has no place in competition.

Huh… Fascinating insight. I wonder what it tells us?

And, you know what they say……but who is they, you ask? The people on this forum that you are so hard trying to impress. And before you state that you don't care to impress, why are you posting on a public forum about your conquests?

You seem to want to show these Whippersnappers a thing or two. Fine, no problem, and I am sure the "Mustank" as you so put it won't put up much of a fight in the 1/8th mile. But, it does seem as though the addition of the nitrous kit being added to his car is getting you a bit worried, as you should be, because with all your infinite wisdom and bantering, your car is after all, currently an underachiever. You are given the considerable advantage based upon what your car "should" do, but currently does not.
I am not worried about anything… but you're free to conclude such.

I have simply spoken to the idea that representing one set of facts, either through assertion or implication, only to alter the facts in an overt attempt to gain an advantage, represents an illicit means which can only devalue whatever gains are sought in the end.

It's a question of ethics, which, it seems to me would be particularly relevant, wherein the competitor is on record stating that they are in 'civil engineering' and who contributes under the screen name "Lawhead", thus implying that they are either in, or are pursuing the lofty cultural perch of Law Enforcement.

My position is simply that where one's vocation rests in the enforcement of 'The Law', a cultural device that is only viable where such is founded upon and executed through objectivity… it follows that such an individual would, in all of their endeavors, seek to reason objectively, through the adherence to the principles which they otherwise serve.

That's all I'm sayin'…
Old 08-07-2013, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Sad when the ford guys bash on lt's like no tomorrow and still need a double power adder to feel competitive.

He planned out this combination way before this call out happened.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
completely off topic, but theres a guy with your normal pullied exhaust sonic blue cobra in my neighborhood. I love the way it looks and sounds. love your car.

as for this whole race (to be fair and relevent)

lawhead is running a 100 shot. only seems fair, since ova1 said that he reserves the right to run his nano 200 shot that he hasnt run with the set up? did I read the correctly? if I did, then that gives him the edge still, so it seems more than fair.

Not taking sides, just observing. (I like both cars) Correct me if I misread.
Well, first, thank you for your contribution to the thread. It's well stated and demonstrates an objective perspective. I appreciatecha… But that's what we're trying to nail down now.

Are we going to race what was discussed and otherwise presented prior to the agreement to race, or that which we had always intended to install, which was either on the car(s) or which was an otherwise intrinsic element of the current design… (Such as Lawheads stock blower and teeny-tiny little pulley and my much larger Cubed engine, running NA… despite it having the nitrous system which recorded in the sig but which was simply not charged, thus not being run during the evidenced passes, which were taken to gauge performance in the wake of installing the new transmission. Which the record clearly indicates is what bough the ire of our would-be opposition.

The initial premise was that my car was S L O W … and that compared, specifically to: 'everything'.

Now it seems that the tide has turned and that my car, while still S L O W, the Mustang SVT requires a significantly upgraded blower and a healthy shot of nitrous (Note that that is two forms of induction) to get past that slow old pile.

(Which to be perfectly honest, thus objectively speaking… if the whole thing falls apart right this second… as long as it isn't ME that backs out… my side of this little contest is already WAY ahead, which would leave us in that sweetest of all spots: Upfront and pullin'… I mean sure the old Z is still SLOW, who would argue otherwise? But my opposition has moved up the standard by which "slow", is approached. And that's nice… )

Last edited by OVA1; 08-07-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:19 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for your contribution sir… Valid points and well stated.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:21 AM
10 Second Club

Ova is scared of Factory parts
Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OVA1
Huh… What's out of date on my signature? Are you speaking of the single pass made, two years ago, immediately after the newly built engine which was installed and bolted up to a worn out tranny? A pass which produced an 8.4 in the 1/8th?

Seriously?

I knew you would understand, after all you are a man of reason and humility....

Yes… I hear you saying that I'm a fraud, trying too hard to appear intelligent… and high principle has no place in competition.

Huh… Fascinating insight. I wonder what it tells us?

Maybe....Just maybe....Things are exactly as they appear.

I am not worried about anything… but you're free to conclude such.

I have simply spoken to the idea that representing one set of facts, either through assertion or implication, only to alter the facts in an overt attempt to gain an advantage, represents an illicit means which can only devalue whatever gains are sought in the end.

It's a question of ethics, which, it seems to me would be particularly relevant, wherein the competitor is on record stating that they are in 'civil engineering' and who contributes under the screen name "Lawhead", thus implying that they are either in, or are pursuing the lofty cultural perch of Law Enforcement.

My position is simply that where one's vocation rests in the enforcement of 'The Law', a cultural device that is only viable where such is founded upon and executed through objectivity… it follows that such an individual would, in all of their endeavors, seek to reason objectively, through the adherence to the principles which they otherwise serve.

That's all I'm sayin'…
We hear you loud and clear through your attempts to dilute the obvious. You are upset that the "Mustank" just might pull this off. He is installing a nitrous kit that you knew nothing of. So what?, your problem, not ours. We care not to debate this with you, so you can stop with the regurgitation of the same posts in so many different eloquent ways.

FWIW, I cut pretty consistent 1.6x sixtys on my Toyo 315's Proxes TQ's. Same tire Cobras run. I'm IRS and blown, and sub 7.0's 1/8th mile. If he gets that car out of the hole, you might have a problem.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hi ya'll. Just wanted to say.

LT1 > Furd Mosteng Coohbrah

Cheers!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

On my phone.....Some of my post is captioned in the quote...Sorry.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

Bias Ply ftmfw !
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

I have an issue with wheelhop on Bias Plys. Hoosiers hook like a ****, but don't like the 30 series and my 390's
Old 08-07-2013, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Bias plys are what are used to absorb the shock and limit wheel hop no issues here
Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

I understand the theory, but for me.....no likey. C5z rears pop with any hop. My rx7 has independant 8.8 and 1.3's with x275. Me likey....Lol
Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

We hear you loud and clear through your attempts to dilute the obvious. You are upset that the "Mustank" just might pull this off. He is installing a nitrous kit that you knew nothing of.
I've said nothing that an objective reading would conclude there exist "worry" on my part.

So what?
Your position is unfounded, wholly subjective and thoroughly fallacious. Designed specifically to appeal to what you feel is a popularly held opinion... Which is to say you're appealing to those who already agree with your side of the discussion.

We care not to debate this with you, so you can stop with the regurgitation of the same posts in so many different eloquent ways.
Can't blame ya there... Debate is a cerebral exercise... clearly a function outside of your wheelhouse.

So would it be fair to count you among those who do not consider principle to be relevant to a viable existence, thus irrelevant to an equitable contest?

FWIW, I cut pretty consistent 1.6x sixtys on my Toyo 315's Proxes TQ's. Same tire Cobras run. I'm IRS and blown, and sub 7.0's 1/8th mile. If he gets that car out of the hole, you might have a problem.
315 is a lot of meat. So that serves reason. Good for you...

With regard to potential problems ... Yep. Could happen.

Last edited by OVA1; 08-07-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

I feel as though you are getting upset that the people you are trying to impress are not, and that you are not getting the favorable responses that you so dire seem to need therefore you dismiss. You should just take your ball and go home.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
He planned out this combination way before this call out happened.
That's fine.....but to whine about that pissy *** 281 goes out the window with double power adders.

Besides 112 + 281 = 393
Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Guess stroking , after market heads, upped compression S60 built tranny vs my factory blower car with a baby shot is something to sweat....
Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

are we still bitching about double power adders VS cubes????

Welcome to 2013 where you dont need either of those to make power.

Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS