Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS

Old 08-03-2013, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Sick wing, i think if you add some length to it youll get into the 8s on ET hopefully lose MPH too. Cause MPH is worthless its all about dat ET baby. woo.
LOL!

Well, how cool would it be if it were an actual wing? Sadly, it's not a wing, it's a spoiler. As to which, most of the guys that race that car will attest.

But you gotta love the Trolls… You guys are great, ya really are.

I suppose what I adore most about ya, is how good ya make the average guy look; such as myself…

But keep up that sad, negative, nasty little mindset… I've heard that some folks manage to make a fine livin' despite such deficiencies. Of course most don't… but I can see that YOU… you are the RARE EXCEPTION!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You hear that guys? Its not a wing, its a spoiler. This is pure gold.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Compared to just about anything......

You have a Stroker with almost 400 cubes with 5.13 gears in a stalled automatic getting the floor wiped by bolt on LS1's......Congrats
Huh.

So you claim at first, that your comparison is to 'just about ANYTHING', then immediately run to the illusion; the sad little fantasy that bolt-on LS1 F-bodies are wiping the floor with it?

ROFL… CLASSIC!

This as a means to offer your overall 'feelings', that a Stroked 396 with AFR 195 heads, 5.13s with an SS3600 stall, PB Level 3 tranny and a BRILLIANT, HIGHLY TALENTED, VASTLY EXPERIENCED, RIDICULOUSLY HANDSOME, HUNG LIKE A MULE Driver… should do better than 7.7s on a TNT prepped track, in 90 degree heat with >95% humidity, on Nitto 555 Drag Radials… on a mail order tune, should on its FIRST NIGHT against the clock, do better than that?

Well, I'd first like to say, that it will do better. A LOT better. So as far as those numbers and that setup go, I agree.

With regard to the comparison of "Compared to just about anything…… " I guess that tells me, that you're NOT a BRILLIANT, HIGHLY TALENTED, VASTLY EXPERIENCED, RIDICULOUSLY HANDSOME, HUNG LIKE A MULE Driver and, that you've never built Stroked 396 with AFR 195 heads, 5.13s with an SS3600 stall, PB Level 3 tranny and taken it out for it's first run on a TNT prepped track, in 90 degree heat with >95% humidity, on Nitto 555 Drag Radials… on a mail order tune, to test it against the clock.

Now I say that, on the certainty, that if ya had, you wouldn't make sweeping, nonsensical statements like that. Because you'd know how much work it is… and you're having put in that much work and exchanged all that coin for all those parts, agonized over all those tedious decisions… put it together, only to tear it down, because ya changed your mind on this or that.

Ya see Scamp… if ya had, you would probably say something like: "Hey Brother, great first nights runnin'… Good start… plenty of room there… get some slicks on that thing and let's see what it really does…"

Yet, ya didn't do that…

Which leads me to ask, WTH are you doin', making ridiculous sweeping comments regarding things about which you have no freakin' idea?

Doesn't that seem rather odd to you?

Now I 'feel' that you do so, because of some insecurities that you're suffering… but this is a car site and for the most part, we're car guys, who are here to discuss our cars. Wherein the best comments are the more positive comments.

This is a place where those that DO, share their ideas and experiences, with others of like minds and means, so as to help their fellow enthusiasts perform better, so that when they meet, they can test their machines against the best their competitors can be, so that when they win, it means something.

Now do ya see a distinction in THAT and whatever it is you're doing?

Don't type! Do not spew the first thing that pops into your head…

Take a moment, let it soak in, so that we can see if there is a chance for the time you invest in being here, to be worthy of the hard work and time invested by those who MAKE "HERE", to be a great place to BE…

Last edited by OVA1; 08-03-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

LOL!

Now isn't that precious?

Apparently, if EVERYONE agrees with it, the invalid construct axiomatically becomes valid; the erroneous misnomer, magically becomes fact.

ROFL… Adorable.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Banned

Did you back up into something or is that shitty paint crack on your rear bumper custom? Looks sick.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I seriously feel like this just happened....

Old 08-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evangto87
I seriously feel like this just happened....

The Matrix- Why am I here? - YouTube
adamantium joined the thread.. LOL
Old 08-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camper
adamantium joined the thread.. LOL
**adamantium
Old 08-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

That thing is awful.

OP, your car does sound good.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

What? My GTO went 7.3 at 95mph in the 8th on nothing but a 360 treadwear street tire...
And I am sure that you have convinced yourself that that is true.

Sadly, for you and your goat, the reality is that Fast Intake, Headers, tuned GTOs do mid to mid low 8s.

Now again, that's only what I learned racing DOZENS of 'em. Your's was, no doubt, the coveted 'factory freak'.

It's like the bolt-on, header, tuned 5.0 Mustang guy from last night who was running mid 7s, down in the pits, which was terribly fast… right up until he staged up and ran mid 8.s… then got BEAT by that same 350Z that was cleaned up by that ratty old pile that I was drivin'…

Then there's the brand new 2012 Cammed, Header, bolt-on 5th Gen, that I mentioned in the OP, which touted a dyno-tuned 520RWHP, that the turd I'm drivin' WALKED!

So yeah… I believe that you believe that your bone stock GTO was pulling low 7s, on street radials.

Now, to be fair! Just one final query:

Did those passes begin with your driving your GTO out of a cargo aircraft at altitude? Which one would assume would naturally require you to use a shoot… because 'everyone KNOWS' THAT is a sign of a truly fast car.

Last edited by OVA1; 08-03-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
That thing is awful.

OP, your car does sound good.
It takes some getting used to… I hated it myself when I first bought the car, with every intention of removing it. But I found that it tended to draw people in, promoting the likelihood that they'd go for it. So, over time, I grew to like it.

And with regard to your compliment: Thank ya brother… I appreciatecha.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
It takes some getting used to… I hated it myself when I first bought the car, with every intention of removing it. But I found that it tended to draw people in, promoting the likelihood that they'd go for it. So, over time, I grew to like it.

And with regard to your compliment: Thank ya brother… I appreciatecha.
Okay, okay, I see what you mean with the wing. Hey, to each their own, different strokes for different folks. **** would be boring if we all liked the same thing.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Did you back up into something or is that shitty paint crack on your rear bumper custom? Looks sick.
Shitty paint… It's there to help the "Fast Cars" decide to go for it.

It turns out that sweet paint, doesn't actually make a car faster than the old ratty Z. My experience indicates that it very rarely helps, if ever.

Now with that said; your addled mindset, is that because of some prenatal malfeasance on the part of your progenitors, or did ya do crack or sumpin'.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Banned

Oh so you made your car look and run like a turd on purpose? Got it.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Okay, okay, I see what you mean with the wing. Hey, to each their own, different strokes for different folks. **** would be boring if we all liked the same thing.
Now ain't THAT the truth. Every time I go to the track I am reminded of that.

Every stripe and color or lack of it and we're ALL into whatever we're ridin'.

The intro of 'Overhaulin' where the caricature of the t-shirted driver, clicking the fob on the old 50s beater, points to that same insight.

Thanks for your contribution…
Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

My car runs like a turd?

This, no doubt, in comparison to the super-car you're pushin'…right?

ROFLMNAO!

I tell ya folks, there is simply no hidin' the [sub-par intellects]. They will not have it… It's some form of a twisted up pride thing, I guess.

Fellas, I don't get over to this site all that much, so I don't know…. can ya tell me, is this sort of trolling tolerated? I can give and take all day with morons, it's a gift I suppose… but I do not want my thread closed, so I am going to contact a mod and get some guidance.

Last edited by OVA1; 08-03-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

oh so it runs like your car

damn ****
Old 08-03-2013, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Couldn't find a Mod…

So I read the sticky regarding the thread. And it appears that mindless flaming, is prohibited. SO… with that said, I'd appreciate it if those involved in such would cease and desist.

Nothing wrong with good natured banter, but those who are crossing the line, know they're doing so and the line's been draw. So please, don't cross it, again.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OVA1
And I am sure that you have convinced yourself that that is true.

Sadly, for you and your goat, the reality is that Fast Intake, Headers, tuned GTOs do mid to mid low 8s.

Now again, that's only what I learned racing DOZENS of 'em. Your's was, no doubt, the coveted 'factory freak'.

It's like the bolt-on, header, tuned 5.0 Mustang guy from last night who was running mid 7s, down in the pits, which was terribly fast… right up until he staged up and ran mid 8.s… then got BEAT by that same 350Z that was cleaned up by that ratty old pile that I was drivin'…

Then there's the brand new 2012 Cammed, Header, bolt-on 5th Gen, that I mentioned in the OP, which touted a dyno-tuned 520RWHP, that the turd I'm drivin' WALKED!

So yeah… I believe that you believe that your bone stock GTO was pulling low 7s, on street radials.

Now, to be fair! Just one final query:

Did those passes begin with your driving your GTO out of a cargo aircraft at altitude? Which one would assume would naturally require you to use a shoot… because 'everyone KNOWS' THAT is a sign of a truly fast car.
I truly believed you are mentally ill. I never said my GTO was a bolt on car. I referenced my buddies BOLT ON ls1 that matched your stroker power plant. My GTO was a h/c car. It had... and i qoute one more time.... stock tires, stock wheels, stock gears, stock cubes, stock intake manifold, and was a 3650lb raceweight.

And heres my timeslip. It was my third pass with the car...8psi in the tires to get it to hook. The car trapped 122 before i dropped the tires down from 30psi. I rolled out at part throttle and ran this time. Please tell me more about how you are godsend. Funny part is my car was geared to do 165mph in its 1:1 gear while yours is setup for short track.....and i would have likely dragged that thing all the way down the track. Maybe you should spray it too... maybe after that you MIGHT catch me. All that for a half finished h/c over weight cavalier. Props to you sir...

At this point, im done with you and this thread... Hope that thing gets faster...for your sake....not mine
Attached Thumbnails '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS-20130803_231049.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

I truly believed you are mentally ill. I never said my GTO was a bolt on car.
Well, in fairness to my mental acuity, you seem to believe a lot of things that have no actual basis in fact. And, with regard to your assertion, I never said it ya did. What ya did was, you implied it. Such seems to be the nature of the GTO young'nes

I referenced my buddies BOLT ON ls1 that matched your stroker power plant.
You posted a video… made some baseless claims regarding the video. Erroneously implying that the video proved your claims, which forced me to simply point out, that it did not.

My GTO was a h/c car. It had… and i qoute one more time…. stock tires, stock wheels, stock gears, stock cubes, stock intake manifold, and was a 3650lb raceweight.
Super… And let me quote again: " No H/C and otherwise stock GTO on street radials is going to push 3650lbs out of the hole, over 60' in 1.7 and to 7.30s in the 1/8th…" Again, this based upon my having raced DOZENS of Bolt-on, Head, cammed, HEADER, SLICKED and TUNED GTOs in the 1/8th, thus am exceedingly familiar with what those cars DO in terms of straight line performance. They're nice rides… and no one here has suggested otherwise.

And heres my timeslip.
Wonderful… That doesn't alter the FACT that a H/C and otherwise stock GTO on street radials is NOT going to push 3650lbs out of the hole over 60' in 1.7 and to 7.30s in the 1/8th…

It was my third pass with the car…8psi in the tires to get it to hook. The car trapped 122 before i dropped the tires down from 30psi. I rolled out at part throttle and ran this time. Please tell me more about how you are godsend. Funny part is my car was geared to do 165mph in its 1:1 gear while yours is setup for short track.....and i would have likely dragged that thing all the way down the track. Maybe you should spray it too... maybe after that you MIGHT catch me. All that for a half finished h/c over weight cavalier.
Lovely… lots of specific minutia… . I especially liked how ya rolled out of the hole to pull a 1.7 60'. Good stuff.

Props to you sir…
Ditto

At this point, im done with you and this thread... Hope that thing gets faster...for your sake....not mine
Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Oh and she'll get faster.

If I do absolutely NOTHING except wait for the sweet, dry winter air, it will pick up two-three tenths. If I put the slicks back on it, there's a MINIMUM of ANOTHER 2/10ths… And if the good Lord shines on us and produces SOMEONE that can dyno-tune her… well, there's no less than ANOTHER 2/10ths right there… and brother man, you do NOT want to tangle this gal when she's on the squeezin's… 'cause she gets NASTY! She's all set up with a Nano System, N.O. TB Plate and what have ya. That's one of the reasons I popped for all the forged hardware. I just haven't filled the bottles (which are still installed, sittin' right in the back…) because the tranny was trashed and the tune sucks. But all she needs to make that happen is 'fitty dollahs' and we're up 200… which, as you rightly point out, would likely be 200 more than I need to eek out that monster Goat of yours. No wait… that's one of those "I used to own" cars… LOL! They're truly the fastest cars EVER! Frankly, there's no beatin' 'em. I feel ya, I really do.

So don't hurt yourself worrying over it.

Of course, just to rub it in, of the 50 or so cars that were driven to the track last night, which included an 01 LS1 H/C/H, tuned Bird…, my old pile was the fastest car out there.

The sad part is that if it gets much faster, the track will require a roll cage and all that crap, which ironically, is one of the reasons I decided to start this build, as the old build was banned until I got a cage … so we just started over.

Hey, Speed Racer, if you're ever in the neighborhood, you be sure to let me know… 'cause you'd be a superstar down as our track. Given that your faux-GTO would do very well in the brackets down here. You could make some serious coin with that thang…

Of course, you actually have to bring an actual car… and it has to actually make those actual numbers… but assuming it does, you're in the MONEY SCOUT!

Last edited by OVA1; 08-03-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS