Old 08-03-2013, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Youz guyz iz mean!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
Well, in fairness to my mental acuity, you seem to believe a lot of things that have no actual basis in fact. And, with regard to your assertion, I never said it ya did. What ya did was, you implied it. Such seems to be the nature of the GTO young'nes

You posted a video… made some baseless claims regarding the video. Erroneously implying that the video proved your claims, which forced me to simply point out, that it did not.

Super… And let me quote again: " No H/C and otherwise stock GTO on street radials is going to push 3650lbs out of the hole, over 60' in 1.7 and to 7.30s in the 1/8th…" Again, this based upon my having raced DOZENS of Bolt-on, Head, cammed, HEADER, SLICKED and TUNED GTOs in the 1/8th, thus am exceedingly familiar with what those cars DO in terms of straight line performance. They're nice rides… and no one here has suggested otherwise.

Wonderful… That doesn't alter the FACT that a H/C and otherwise stock GTO on street radials is NOT going to push 3650lbs out of the hole over 60' in 1.7 and to 7.30s in the 1/8th…

Lovely… lots of specific minutia… . I especially liked how ya rolled out of the hole to pull a 1.7 60'. Good stuff.

Ditto

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Oh and she'll get faster.

If I do absolutely NOTHING except wait for the sweet, dry winter air, it will pick up two-three tenths. If I put the slicks back on it, there's a MINIMUM of ANOTHER 2/10ths… And if the good Lord shines on us and produces SOMEONE that can dyno-tune her… well, there's no less than ANOTHER 2/10ths right there… and brother man, you do NOT want to tangle this gal when she's on the squeezin's… 'cause she gets NASTY! She's all set up with a Nano System, N.O. TB Plate and what have ya. That's one of the reasons I popped for all the forged hardware. I just haven't filled the bottles (which are still installed, sittin' right in the back…) because the tranny was trashed and the tune sucks. But all she needs to make that happen is 'fitty dollahs' and we're up 200… which, as you rightly point out, would likely be 200 more than I need to eek out that monster Goat of yours. No wait… that's one of those "I used to own" cars… LOL! They're truly the fastest cars EVER! Frankly, there's no beatin' 'em. I feel ya, I really do.

So don't hurt yourself worrying over it.

Of course, just to rub it in, of the 50 or so cars that were driven to the track last night, which included an 01 LS1 H/C/H, tuned Bird…, my old pile was the fastest car out there.

The sad part is that if it gets much faster, the track will require a roll cage and all that crap, which ironically, is one of the reasons I decided to start this build, as the old build was banned until I got a cage … so we just started over.

Hey, Speed Racer, if you're ever in the neighborhood, you be sure to let me know… 'cause you'd be a superstar down as our track. Given that your faux-GTO would do very well in the brackets down here. You could make some serious coin with that thang…

Of course, you actually have to bring an actual car… and it has to actually make those actual numbers… but assuming it does, you're in the MONEY SCOUT!
So in simpleton terms... youre saying that what i did with my car didnt happen? Because of other cars you have raced....lololol.

Actually... i just realized ive been trolled...by the architect himself!!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This is classic SR&K right here
Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

Long post=Butt Hurt
Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight-Z06
oh so it runs like your car

damn ****
Does it run good enough to be in your car club bro? Does the wing represent modern muscle carz bro?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adamantium
Does it run good enough to be in your car club bro? Does the wing represent modern muscle carz bro?
why do you care if im in a car club ? second do you see a wing on my ride ?

keep up the good work "hellaflush"
Old 08-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Knight-Z06
why do you care if im in a car club ? second do you see a wing on my ride ?

keep up the good work "hellaflush"
Keep at it fast and the furious bro, those car clubs are wicked sweet 90s tribute.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Staging Lane

" hellaflush"
Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Banned

Modern Muscle Car Club
Old 08-04-2013, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

I just want to add some to the discussion. First I'm a LT1 guy in my heart. I currently own two of them, one I bought in 95 and still have it. The track you run must be slow as hell. I can give you some examples. A friend had a 95 Camaro 355 with stock heads and a CC503 cam. It only dyno'd 33x at the tires. It had a 3600 stall and 3.73 gears and ran 7.70's at over 90mph. His wife has a bolt on LS1 Trans Am. Headers, lid, 3600 stall, 3.73 gears, LS6 intake and it runs 7.90's at 90mph. The only weight reduction was lack of front sway bar, spare tire and jack, and removed rear seats. Another car is a 95 TRANS AM convertible 355 6 speed with 4.10 gears. It's a stock head car with a LT4 hotcam and it runs 8.0's at 90mph with a lousy 60'. I can go on and on. I've been building these cars for a long time and no I don't have some magic touch. These are average times that most people see. I apologize if you take this as trolling but either that track isn't right or you have some problems to sort out. I'd scrap those gears first and then go from there.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh.

So you claim at first, that your comparison is to 'just about ANYTHING', then immediately run to the illusion; the sad little fantasy that bolt-on LS1 F-bodies are wiping the floor with it?

ROFL… CLASSIC!

This as a means to offer your overall 'feelings', that a Stroked 396 with AFR 195 heads, 5.13s with an SS3600 stall, PB Level 3 tranny and a BRILLIANT, HIGHLY TALENTED, VASTLY EXPERIENCED, RIDICULOUSLY HANDSOME, HUNG LIKE A MULE Driver… should do better than 7.7s on a TNT prepped track, in 90 degree heat with >95% humidity, on Nitto 555 Drag Radials… on a mail order tune, should on its FIRST NIGHT against the clock, do better than that?

Well, I'd first like to say, that it will do better. A LOT better. So as far as those numbers and that setup go, I agree.

With regard to the comparison of "Compared to just about anything…… " I guess that tells me, that you're NOT a BRILLIANT, HIGHLY TALENTED, VASTLY EXPERIENCED, RIDICULOUSLY HANDSOME, HUNG LIKE A MULE Driver and, that you've never built Stroked 396 with AFR 195 heads, 5.13s with an SS3600 stall, PB Level 3 tranny and taken it out for it's first run on a TNT prepped track, in 90 degree heat with >95% humidity, on Nitto 555 Drag Radials… on a mail order tune, to test it against the clock.

Now I say that, on the certainty, that if ya had, you wouldn't make sweeping, nonsensical statements like that. Because you'd know how much work it is… and you're having put in that much work and exchanged all that coin for all those parts, agonized over all those tedious decisions… put it together, only to tear it down, because ya changed your mind on this or that.

Ya see Scamp… if ya had, you would probably say something like: "Hey Brother, great first nights runnin'… Good start… plenty of room there… get some slicks on that thing and let's see what it really does…"

Yet, ya didn't do that…

Which leads me to ask, WTH are you doin', making ridiculous sweeping comments regarding things about which you have no freakin' idea?

Doesn't that seem rather odd to you?

Now I 'feel' that you do so, because of some insecurities that you're suffering… but this is a car site and for the most part, we're car guys, who are here to discuss our cars. Wherein the best comments are the more positive comments.

This is a place where those that DO, share their ideas and experiences, with others of like minds and means, so as to help their fellow enthusiasts perform better, so that when they meet, they can test their machines against the best their competitors can be, so that when they win, it means something.

Now do ya see a distinction in THAT and whatever it is you're doing?

Don't type! Do not spew the first thing that pops into your head…

Take a moment, let it soak in, so that we can see if there is a chance for the time you invest in being here, to be worthy of the hard work and time invested by those who MAKE "HERE", to be a great place to BE…
My First time out even driving my Cobra on the track I ran 7.8's.....It has a pulley, 6 speed, IRS, 3.55's ............Your car sucks....
Old 08-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Banned

lmao brb typing a wall of text only to look like a retard when someone replies with a sentence.

Check it out guys im in a sick car club. Refer to sig.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lawhead
My First time out even driving my Cobra on the track I ran 7.8's.....It has a pulley, 6 speed, IRS, 3.55's ............Your car sucks....

3.55's are stock...just sayin'
Old 08-04-2013, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by banshe5
I just want to add some to the discussion. First I'm a LT1 guy in my heart. I currently own two of them, one I bought in 95 and still have it. The track you run must be slow as hell. I can give you some examples. A friend had a 95 Camaro 355 with stock heads and a CC503 cam. It only dyno'd 33x at the tires. It had a 3600 stall and 3.73 gears and ran 7.70's at over 90mph. His wife has a bolt on LS1 Trans Am. Headers, lid, 3600 stall, 3.73 gears, LS6 intake and it runs 7.90's at 90mph. The only weight reduction was lack of front sway bar, spare tire and jack, and removed rear seats. Another car is a 95 TRANS AM convertible 355 6 speed with 4.10 gears. It's a stock head car with a LT4 hotcam and it runs 8.0's at 90mph with a lousy 60'. I can go on and on. I've been building these cars for a long time and no I don't have some magic touch. These are average times that most people see. I apologize if you take this as trolling but either that track isn't right or you have some problems to sort out. I'd scrap those gears first and then go from there.
Dude… that SAME CAR… ran 7.76 on that that same track, trapping 88 mph with Cammed/header/gears… on a PCM for Less mail tune.

Now that time was in fall/winter with cool, sweet, dry air… This set up will likely do 7.20s at mid 90s in the fall/winter, IF I DO NOTHING ELSE. Which, FTR is what the old set up ran on a 75 shot.

This is SW Florida in August… As I write this, it is POURING DOWN RAIN all around me, as I sit on my Lanai.

On the day at issue, it had rained ALL DAY on that track, the video clearly shows the thunder heads surrounding the track… it never got below the mid-high 80s and the humidity was in the mid-nineties, thus the 'humiture' was well into the mid-90s, on a rain soaked track. They almost didn't run the track that night and let me tell ya, the place was a swamp.

The 'herd of discontent' wants to ignore ALL OF THAT, implying that the CAR SUCKS, when it ran high, to mid-high 7s in about the worst conditions one can get without active precip…

Now I have been at this a while myself… and as just an FYI, on my FIRST day at the drags many years ago, I pulled into the pits and parked next to a gorgeous black on black GTO.

The kid driving it was all too happy to lift the hood and show me his new Fast Intake and headers and told me all about his new cam (he also had Mickey DRs, which, at the time I didn't have a clue about what that meant.).

In my neophyte condition, I felt sure I'd be competitive with the car, but soon came to understand the difference between a basically stock (CAI, Firebird hood and monster spoiler ) 9 year old pony car, with 150K of hard earned miles and a brand new significantly modded LS platform. Kid ran low 8.30s, dipping into the high-mid-high 8.20s. I ran mid 9s… THAT is one of those epiphanies that one doesn't forget…

And thus began the journey. In short order I had tore my engine out, dipped and honed, new bearings, rings, refreshed the heads, 3 angle grind, valves, new seats, springs, 1.6 comp mag rrs… modest Comp cam, headers and a set of 4.10 gears and a PCMforless MOT… And for the effort, I was running in the rarified air of the mid, to mid-high 8s. Then fall came along and I was running mid to low 8s. And naturally, the GTO was running low 8s/high 7s…(What must THAT be like?, right?)

BUT NOT IN AUGUST. It's presently AUGUST in SW FL, so we are discussing what happens in AUGUST…

There's got to be some objectivity or the entire concept devolves into something approaching meaningless.

So now, let's discuss the major bone of contention…

Ya can't bust out of the whole unless the car hooks… the car can't hook in a wet track with Nitto 555s, so ya can't pre-load. If ya can't pre-load, the best ya can do is break to the idle and give it as much as she'll take until she breaks loose, get out and get back in for another try…

Now while the Nittos aren't the greatest drag radial out there, I'm sure you'll agree that they ARE better than street radials.

Now that car has a fully modified suspension. BMR, from soup to nuts up front, Hotchkis LCAs and panhard out back and an old UMI Adjustable Torque arm…

The only thing stock in the entire suspension are the springs. The KYB shocks aren't the best, but they're better than what was on there…

For the first night out, I had all settings on 50% of the shocks adjustable range and haven't played with the settings to find out if there's a better pattern, but with that said… are you, given your experience, going to defend the claim that a guy rolled out of the hole to a 1.7 60 on street radials?

I am telling you and everyone else, that on just the evidence of that just described, with all of the torque that YOU KNOW is in that 396 setup and with brand new DRs, which had JUST BEEN INSTALLED an HOUR before those runs, that using a similar exit procedure, that a H/C goat on stock suspension produced a 1.7 60?

It didn't happen… its not going to happen. And anyone with any seat time at the stage, who's had to launch on street radials dam' well knows it.

Anywho… I appreciate your contribution and agree with nearly all of what you have said. Thank you for taking the time to join the discussion. I hope you continue to do so.

Last edited by OVA1; 08-04-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Banned

I just got it, OP is still stuck in the mid 90s.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
3.55's are stock...just sayin'
I was just referring his mountain climbing gears to what these things come with stock. they also come 6 speed with an IRS stock too
Old 08-04-2013, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
So you're saying that the car that would have walked your Cobra on that night, at that track, in those conditions… that THE CAR THAT POSTED THE FASTEST TIME… "SUCKS"?

LOL! Well Ok… After all, a win's a win. So I guess I'll go ahead and take it.

I tell ya guys, it appears that the fastest way to defeat a Mustang driver in debate, is to simply find one and encourage them to speak.

If it's possible, I'd ask the board to focus and let's bring the discussion up a few notches.

There's a ton of room for discussion and disagreement. Perhaps we can discuss the running with regard to seasonal distinction. I realize you Artic Dwellers north of Atlanta don't get much winter driving, but ya DO have a fall… so would anyone care to discuss the differences in how they set their rides up for running in summer -v- fall/winter?
Old 08-04-2013, 09:35 AM
10 Second Club

You realize I ran that at Orlando speed world in July right......and then again in Darlington also in July.....
Old 08-04-2013, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

So you're saying that the car that would have walked your Cobra on that night, at that track, in those conditions… that THE CAR THAT POSTED THE FASTEST TIME… "SUCKS"?

LOL! Well Ok… After all, a win's a win. So I guess I'll go ahead and take it.

I tell ya guys, it appears that the fastest way to defeat a Mustang driver in debate, is to simply find one and encourage them to speak.

If it's possible, I'd ask the board to focus and let's bring the discussion up a few notches.

There's a ton of room for discussion and disagreement. Perhaps we can discuss the running with regard to seasonal distinction. I realize you Artic Dwellers north of Atlanta don't get much winter driving, but ya DO have a fall… so would anyone care to discuss the differences in how they set their rides up for running in summer -v- fall/winter?

If the two of you were to run each other at the same time at the track, I'd say that he would roll you up. He said that was on his FIRST pass with that car.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

here is my pile......lets see yours going faster in the 1/4 mile

Pulley, Blowmaster, BBK and Tune in JULY at Darlington but according to you if I calculate this right when the weather gets cold, I adjust my Stock suspension, Set my car up for the cold I should be running 9's in the winter time!

And I'm from Florida, You might cry about the Summer time but I'm sure when you get those Negative DA's in the winter time it won't be about the weather it will be about how badass your stroked LT1 is!!

Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS