Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013 | 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28
Why do you keep calling him sprout? Just curious...
This is a good question Jay.

Let's go to the Dictionary and see what it has to say about Sprouts:

"Early growth of a plant."

So, given that he's a young'ne and reasons below the threshold expected of a plant, it fits.

Have ya read the thread? It's right back there for your consideration.

I mean come on, here's his latest quip:

I'm starting to get worried he might ask me on a date next
Old 08-26-2013 | 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I still honestly can't believe an SRK thread might turn in to an actual race...I've lurked this part of the forum for years and that doesn't happen too often. Hope you guys can at least have a beer afterwards and be proud you actually raced instead of just worked keyboard skills.

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Stock parted car with Stock tranny, stock gear, Stock IRS

Going faster than a

Stroked, Geared, stalled, Weight reduction, aftermarket heads, Cam suspension etc.....

Not sure why you're trying to still glorfy your car as something it isn't but oh well....
Lol if you guys were lined up with those slips posted he just beat you . Difference is that he still has more left in his launch to whittle down his times, and I don't know how much more 60' you have left hiding in that IRS. You clearly have the advantage in the 1/4 with both car's as-is (I would be interested in how he performs in the 1/4 with more cam and a gear swap, but that is off topic). Its going to be a lot closer then most people here expect, basically nose-to-nose in the 1/8th!

Guess it's going to come down to nitrous and reaction time, which honestly sucks cuz I hate when a bottle decides the race...then all you hear is "Bottle not warmed up", "Low pressure", "Pulled too much timing", etc.

Small chance I might show up on the 14R still. Gotta convince the GF to ride 3 hours...even though its a million times more comfy then my ZX6, the huge 14's passenger seat still isn't super comfortable.
Old 08-26-2013 | 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 20 bottles sitting around if he needs to use one for each pass
Old 08-26-2013 | 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
I still honestly can't believe an SRK thread might turn in to an actual race...I've lurked this part of the forum for years and that doesn't happen too often. Hope you guys can at least have a beer afterwards and be proud you actually raced instead of just worked keyboard skills.

Lol if you guys were lined up with those slips posted he just beat you . Difference is that he still has more left in his launch to whittle down his times, and I don't know how much more 60' you have left hiding in that IRS. You clearly have the advantage in the 1/4 with both car's as-is (I would be interested in how he performs in the 1/4 with more cam and a gear swap, but that is off topic). Its going to be a lot closer then most people here expect, basically nose-to-nose in the 1/8th!

Guess it's going to come down to nitrous and reaction time, which honestly sucks cuz I hate when a bottle decides the race...then all you hear is "Bottle not warmed up", "Low pressure", "Pulled too much timing", etc.

Small chance I might show up on the 14R still. Gotta convince the GF to ride 3 hours...even though its a million times more comfy then my ZX6, the huge 14's passenger seat still isn't super comfortable.
Well, Puck it would be a pleasure to have ya… I hope you can make it. You gotta come down brother.

I honestly think the kid will show. He seems to be headin' in that direction and I think you're right, it's gonna be a tight race and you and I both know… there's NOTHING like running against someone that's pushing similar times.

I have to call the track on Wednesday to see how they'll fit us in.

It may come down to a split event. Wherein we run two passes and assuming neither of us take the race in two… we may have to wait for the down time between qualifiers and eliminations. Because of all of the rain, they may be combining two events, so, it is what it is and we'll have to run around whatever they have going.

If it turns out that they can't accommodate us, I may end up going north.

No way to know at this point.
Old 08-26-2013 | 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it will be a good show between you two. Afterwards, shake and drink some 'bers
Old 08-26-2013 | 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

After all of this I think a steel cage death match is in order.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
After all of this I think a steel cage death match is in order.

LOL! Ladder match!
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Should be a interesting and close race, just hope all the hating and belittling stops after they meet and race.
Old 08-27-2013 | 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

I wholeheartedly agree. It's gonna be a nailed biter.

If that slip was NA (minus the Blower…) then, power wise, the two cars are currently, comparably matched.

The coolest part is that, from what I've seen, he hasn't much in the way of building or racing experience. Most guys I know who have spent endless hours and all of their coin tryin' to eek out another tenth, don't usually tell others driving comparably powered rides to 'drive it off a cliff'.

So Junior is going to gain a brand new experience in staging up on a car and driver that runs along side his ride… and when THAT is done… it's gonna be like blood on a SHARKS TOOTH! And we'll have us another real, honest to God driver that knows a little somethin', about somethin'.

And perhaps, at the end of the day, once he gets over getting beat by me and that pile of mismatched parts, we'll have earned us a new hang… and that'll be nice.
Old 08-27-2013 | 08:29 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

No offense, but after reading through this, you're kind of a douche.
Do you do that on purpose, or do you not realize it?
Old 08-27-2013 | 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
He's always drunk.
Old 08-27-2013 | 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

So I'm a douche?

Lol... I love these assessments.

But here's my favorite part, cause its where we learn what the assessment actually means.

Nick, please be so kind as to take a moment and explain to the board, the specific reasons why you feel that I'm a douche.

Enjoy kids... The best odds is Nick will have no actual basis. The least likely is he'll offer something up that defines General douchery. But will not be relevant to me... Which IMHO are the funniest.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:01 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by OVA1
So I'm a douche?

Lol... I love these assessments.

But here's my favorite part, cause its where we learn what the assessment actually means.

Nick, please be so kind as to take a moment and explain to the board, the specific reasons why you feel that I'm a douche.

Enjoy kids... The best odds is Nick will have no actual basis. The least likely is he'll offer something up that defines General douchery. But will not be relevant to me... Which IMHO are the funniest.

Why are you a douche? Because you act like one. Unless this is a general douchery you like to display on the Internet.
Your posts are very douche-like. Just look at your previous posts.
Repeatedly posting the same thing, instigating him, etc.
90% of what you posted in this thread is unnecessary asshattery.

You made the basis yourself, by posting.

Posts like this:

Originally Posted by OVA1
HEY! That young man is a member of the US Armed forces and he has spent DAYS polishing that that finely tuned machine of his.

Stop with your feckless attempts to flame this youngster.

I mean, at this point, he's the one who has SACKED UP AND ACCEPTED THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS! In comparison to say: YOU!

His car is NOT a turd… it is a PILE! of the exceedingly shiny variety.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:02 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

douche in French means "bath".

everyone is calling OVA1 a bath.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:06 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by big hammer
douche in French means "bath".

everyone is calling OVA1 a bath.
It means shower
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

You think he is a douche just wait till you meet It'llrun lol
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:09 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

It means shower
shower or bath. loose translation. French is mandatory in Canada.
Old 08-27-2013 | 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

He is showering us with " unnecessary asshattery"....
Old 08-27-2013 | 01:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WTF?
He is showering us with " unnecessary asshattery"....
el oh el
Old 08-27-2013 | 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Why are you a douche? Because you act like one. Unless this is a general douchery you like to display on the Internet.
Your posts are very douche-like. Just look at your previous posts.
Repeatedly posting the same thing, instigating him, etc.
90% of what you posted in this thread is unnecessary asshattery.

You made the basis yourself, by posting.
Well never let it be forgotten that "Circular reasoning works, because Circular reasoning works, because Circular reasoning works, because Circular reasoning works, because Circular reasoning works … ."

Very Impressive Nick… And let me just add that your contributions, such as:

No offense, but after reading through this, you're kind of a douche. …
are … well … you know.

LOL! (Can I call 'em or WHAT?) 'I am', therefore, as Nick see's it, I'm a douche.

In effect Nick feels that it's not fair that I should have mounted an effective opposition to the general douchery which set upon me, because I had the temerity to post up a thread which relays a recent "KILL" and my Drag Racing experiences. Because this is after all not the Drag Racing KILL SECTION designed for members to relay their victories and drag racing experiences… Right? Which is odd, given Nick's unsettling pride in his own audacity. But I guess there's no accounting for those prone toward audacious, but otherwise, unsound reasoning.

In Nicks mind, the Sprout is the victim here, because he came into my thread and at some point, I taunted him… for what Nick feels is for NO GOOD REASON!

'It's not fair', from Nicks perspective that I repeatedly posted the same thing, when the Sprout was clearly talking himself out of coming down for the race, because one of what he felt was his key advantages had been stripped from the equation…

Nick doesn't appreciate that I rode the kid as a means to encourage him to get his mind out of the loser section and get back on the track; back into the 'gettin' it done' mode, so as to honor his commitments.

Nick's, of course, entitled to his opinion, but in my opinion, Nick should tone down his audacity and give his public statements some more time to soak, before expressing them.

But hey… he is "Audacious Nick", and that wouldn't be in keeping with his impertinent style, after all, such is the nature of impudence…

Last edited by OVA1; 08-27-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS