Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Vortech 5.0 Foxbody vs 2001 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Soon as your car is back on the road. I'll race you and whoever else and get my car on the dyno all in the same day if possible.
Ok no prob. I have a line up of people wanting to race me so maybe we can set it up all for one day. And get you on the dyno. Im thinking it will most likely be a Saturday. Transmission is coming out monday and clutch/flywheel is going in. Gotta access the damage then ill order the parts for the trans. Then a quick break in then back to the dyno then race time!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Good kill sweet99ss!

Do you still have your dyno sheet? Just asking because I hear of these 15whp+ gains on stock or bolt-on cars but can never find any factual data or before and aft dyno results
No I don't. His printer was down that day. I have several other dyno sheets and even the one from 1.7 to 1.8 rockers. I would like to have that and I need to talk to him soon. I know he has them saved.....I was gonna ask him last time but I got carried away with what we were doin and forgot.

That would be a good one to have since the change was done on the dyno.

I would not put a fast intake on w/o porting it first. I could see why people could get minimal gains. I ported mine then it was tuned with the intake. It should really be tuned afterward too.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
No I don't. His printer was down that day. I have several other dyno sheets and even the one from 1.7 to 1.8 rockers. I would like to have that and I need to talk to him soon. I know he has them saved.....I was gonna ask him last time but I got carried away with what we were doin and forgot.

That would be a good one to have since the change was done on the dyno.

I would not put a fast intake on w/o porting it first. I could see why people could get minimal gains. I ported mine then it was tuned with the intake. It should really be tuned afterward too.
Did you see any gains by porting the LS6 intake? Is it much material at all in there to even port? I have one off my old car sitting around that I was thinking about porting just for the heck of it.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Good video OP.

Gotta get the DRs... Never heard of a cheap option for such. But if you find one please post it up.

Thanks for posting up the thread. I really enjoyed the video and the subsequent discussion.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy

Them stock 5.0 E7 heads seriously only flow around 155cfm on the intake and 105cfm on the exhaust @.500" lift and pretty much die out there. They are all kinds of pathetic on a hardcore level.

E7 heads are just God awful. When I see or hear about people porting them, I just wonder wtf...you can find GT40P's (which still aren't great by any means) for a couple hundred bucks from a junk yard for the amount of time and work you're gonna have to put into a set of E7's to have them flow worth a ****.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Did you see any gains by porting the LS6 intake? Is it much material at all in there to even port? I have one off my old car sitting around that I was thinking about porting just for the heck of it.
Yes I did see gains. It used about 5% more injector according to my efi live data log. It was a tb/intake combo we did. We bored the tb in a lathe until it had holes in it....then epoxied it and bored it some more. It ended up t about 83 mm. Then we hogged out the intake until the tb blade fell in it. The intake had holes in it then so we epoxied that up and smoothed it.

That intake is still goin strong and was on notches 11.90 semi bolt-on car.

We did that intake years ago......before the fast stuff came out. We were a little ahead of the curve.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
12pounds of boost and that's all it could muster against a light bolt on ls6? Well done op!
Lol, sorry not everyone has the mighty ls1. 12lbs on a tired ***, old tech. 5.0, and it was hanging with a bolt on z06 seems pretty good to me...
Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Mare
Lol, sorry not everyone has the mighty ls1. 12lbs on a tired ***, old tech. 5.0, and it was hanging with a bolt on z06 seems pretty good to me...
willizm is intentionally trolling
Old 08-09-2013, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Don't forget a tired 2900lb 5.0 Black......lol

I bet a tpi car on 12lb woulda did better.

Now that's how you troll bitch's.

There has got to be some truth in a good troll though.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea I just bought some 17" magnesium wheels just like my front ones that I'm going to put on back with some mt street radials. I want to came it in the future also.

Quick Reply: Vortech 5.0 Foxbody vs 2001 Z06