Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Official LS1 Tech: 9/7 "Lawhead -v- OVA1 Race" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sick_tight
definitely

side note I bet having 1 of each car makes going on the forums interesting haha
Yes it does.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Once again, the hot laps came with LAWHEAD'S choice of the date. HE chose Saturday night... Which is BRACKET NIGHT... And is an NHRA POINTS RACE.

This choice provides for very limited time to fit in a grudge race.

The BEST OF THREE was never at issue until it was determined by me, that we'd have to do so consecutively because of the structure of the event, which LAWHEAD chose.

With regard to the ls1 formy... That was the car he had pictured in his signature.

My assumption on what his car was, was based upon that. That he was ******* my posted times lent to the assumption that he was running FASTER TIMES. And THAT was what I was working on when I suggested he get his *** on the stage, after he called me out by running his mouth.

I did everything that could be done to get the kid to race, except paying for surgery for a sufficiently large sack to hold that which might push him to do what he said he'd do.

In my opinion the kid has no business posting on a race kill thread cause he's got little to no race experience (Didn't know about the building process, and how little things can mean major changes in performance, didn't know what Bracket Night means… Thinks he can win a 660' race in a 650whp car, because it's faster than his 450whp car…) and suffers the sharp tendency to let his mouth over load his narrow ***.

It would not shock me in the slightest to learn that he's a 14 year old kid, posting from his gaming computer in his bedroom at Mom and Dad's house.

It sucks... But it is what it is.

Last edited by OVA1; 09-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Old 09-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OVA1
Once again, the hot laps came with LAWHEADS choice of the date. HE chose Saturday night... Which is BRACKET NIGHT... And is an NHRA POINTS RACE.

The BEST OF THREE was never at issue until it was determined by me, that we'd have to do so consecutively because of the structure of the event at which LAWHEAD chose.

With regard to the ls1 formy... That was the car he had pictured in his signature.

My assumption on what his car was, was based upon that. That he was ******* my posted times lent to the assumption that he was running FASTER TIMES. And THAT was what I was working on when I suggested he get his *** on the stage, after he called me out by running his mouth.

I did everything that could be done to get the kid to race, except paying for surgery for a sufficiently large sack to push him to do what he said he'd do.

In my opinion the kid has no business posting on a race kill thread cause he's got little to no race experience, and suffers the sharp tendency to let his mouth over load his narrow ***.

It would not shock me in the slightest to learn that he's a 14 heat old kid, posting from his gaming computer from his bedroom at Mom and Dad's house.

It sucks... Buy it is what it is.
Sounds more then reasonable.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup 14 year old

Who found your sly business tactics, I don't let the Internet rule my life , and bought a car I wanted. If we all did what Ls1tech wanted we'd all be rolling around in cam only Fbodies.... Ill be at Orlando Sunday baring weather where you might find out I'm not to bad of a guy

Like I said learn to relax and not take the Internet so serious you're a retired marine figured you might have had thicker skin then that. People will talk **** regardless if you have the fastest car , best looking car , most expensive car in the world.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Once again, the hot laps came with LAWHEADS choice of the date. HE chose Saturday night... Which is BRACKET NIGHT... And is an NHRA POINTS RACE.

The BEST OF THREE was never at issue until it was determined by me, that we'd have to do so consecutively because of the structure of the event at which LAWHEAD chose.

I did everything that could be done to get the kid to race, except paying for surgery for a sufficiently large sack to push him to do what he said he'd do.

In my opinion the kid has no business posting on a race kill thread cause he's got little to no race experience, and suffers the sharp tendency to let his mouth over load his narrow ***.

It would not shock me in the slightest to learn that he's a 14 heat old kid, posting from his gaming computer from his bedroom at Mom and Dad's house.

It sucks... Buy it is what it is.
Just a curious question, I think I know the answer. If Lawhead would have had the blue car he originally said he did, every mod still the same as you originally thought and all, would you have even upped your nitrous shot? I understand the fine tuning of what you already have, that's part of maximizing something.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Just a curious question, I think I know the answer. If Lawhead would have had the blue car he originally said he did, every mod still the same as you originally thought and all, would you have even upped your nitrous shot? I understand the fine tuning of what you already have, that's part of maximizing something.
If Lawhead had kept his car the way it was when he started this, I would have run him NA… .

(There's your answer Snake and thanks for askin, truly.)

Now for the editorial portion of this response

And I would have wore his shiny little blue *** OUT….

Let's be honest… He had no shot in that race. Which was the point of the exercise. Big mouths are of NO VALUE in the 1/8th.

It goes REAL quick… minor screw ups like camping out in the hole for 8/10ths, burning the tires off when ya see the Z snap two cars in 60'…, these are things that don't come back in 660'. And these are things that people who tell other people that their car should be driven off a cliff, while their numbers are slower, DO.

Last edited by OVA1; 09-03-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Yup 14 year old

Who found your sly business tactics, I don't let the Internet rule my life , and bought a car I wanted. If we all did what Ls1tech wanted we'd all be rolling around in cam only Fbodies.... Ill be at Orlando Sunday baring weather where you might find out I'm not to bad of a guy

Like I said learn to relax and not take the Internet so serious you're a retired marine figured you might have had thicker skin then that. People will talk **** regardless if you have the fastest car , best looking car , most expensive car in the world.
I was wrong. He's 12.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

If Lawhead had kept his car the way it was when he started this, I would have run him NA… .

(There's your answer Snake and thanks for askin, truly.)
This is all I needed, and I suspected as much. Props to you for having intentions of running your ride just as it sat from the get-go. There's something to be said for that.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

Not going to continue here my slips were better and on a TnT night who cares about RTs

Good luck with the car and hope you're happy with it that's all that should matter... Not what a few people on the Internet say
Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Good luck with the car and hope you're happy with it that's all that should matter...
Old 09-03-2013, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
This is all I needed, and I suspected as much. Props to you for having intentions of running your ride just as it sat from the get-go. There's something to be said for that.
Thank you sir. I appreciate that.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Not going to continue here my slips were better and on a TnT night who cares about RTs

Good luck with the car and hope you're happy with it that's all that should matter... Not what a few people on the Internet say
Look kid, this is not about what 'a few people' on the internet said… it is about what YOU said.

You are a member of a community, it being a cyber community is irrelevant. It's still a community and you're still a member. With membership comes some benefits and some responsibilities.

The benefit is that you can fellowship with those of like mind, share your experience, allowing others to learn from you and listen to others do the same, where you do the same. It's usually very good stuff… and, I believe, a very valuable thing.

Your responsibility is to treat people the way you would like to be treated. To be honest in your dealings, giving your best in all of your endeavors and interactions.

You clearly like the benefits, but ya don't seem to accept the responsibilities that earn and otherwise sustain the means to continue enjoying those benefits.

You said some stupid crap at the outset and that's fine, as SRK threads are basically slander-fests anyway.

Now I was participating in these threads while you were still trying to figure out what all the fuss was about inside her panties and struggling to understand the proper user of your junk. Assuming you've got it figured out.

SO… while I appreciate your attempts at counseling me, I simply listened to you run your mouth, gave you a chance to man up and show me what ya know and … YOU HAVE… .

So, our business has concluded. And you little man, are dismissed.

Get some passes under your belt, post up your videos and assuming (Knock on wood) that you don't put that beautiful car into the wall and instantly convert it into scrap metal, which I am calling a 60/40 likelihood… WHILE HOPING YA DO NOT, maybe I will allow you the privilege of racing me some day.

But as it stands, I wouldn't stage up on you ON A BET, until you've proven yourself worthy of the risk and the effort.

Now you go have yourself a nice day, best of luck with your new ride. And be safe… (That's a serious responsibility, which comes with serious benefits… so don't reject it out of hand.)
Old 09-03-2013, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Look kid, this is not about what 'a few people' on the internet said… it is about what YOU said.

You are a member of a community, it being a cyber community is irrelevant. It's still a community and you're still a member. With membership comes some benefits and some responsibilities.

The benefit is that you can fellowship with those of like mind, share your experience, allowing others to learn from you and listen to others do the same, where you do the same. It's usually very good stuff… and, I believe, a very valuable thing.

Your responsibility is to treat people the way you would like to be treated. To be honest in your dealings, giving your best in all of your endeavors and interactions.

You clearly like the benefits, but ya don't seem to accept the responsibilities that earn and otherwise sustain the means to continue enjoying those benefits.

You said some stupid crap at the outset and that's fine, as SRK threads are basically slander-fests anyway.

Now I was participating in these threads while you were still trying to figure out what all the fuss was about inside her panties and struggling to understand the proper user of your junk. Assuming you've got it figured out.

SO… while I appreciate your attempts at counseling me, I simply listened to you run your mouth, gave you a chance to man up and show me what ya know and … YOU HAVE… .

Get some passes under your belt, post up your videos and assuming (Knock on wood) that you don't put that beautiful car into the wall and instantly convert it into scrap metal, which I am calling a 60/40 likelihood… WHILE HOPING YA DO NOT, maybe I will allow you the privilege of racing me some day.

But as it stands, I wouldn't stage up on you ON A BET, until you've proven yourself worthy of the risk and the effort.

Now you go have yourself a nice day, best of luck with your new ride. And be safe… (That's a serious responsibility, which comes with serious benefits… so don't reject it out of hand.)
Ok cool
Old 09-03-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok cool
I can't stand long post, but OVA is dead on here.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Ova's car sucks. You mad bro?

lol so not surprised that this didn't actually turn into a race.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jay z28
Ova's car sucks. You mad bro?

lol so not surprised that this didn't actually turn into a race.
LOL! Yeah it does… .

Now, be careful here. Don't run out and buy a new car to prove how bad my car sucks. I'm good… It's all good.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427zm
I can't stand long post, but OVA is dead on here.
High praise indeed. Thank you, sir.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Packy
This is epic fail that is so typical of the back and forth bitch sessions that we experience by people multiple states away from one another.

And this makes two threads about a race that will never happen, utter and total FAIL.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

LOL!

I was cleaning out the old Facebook cluster and ran across this in the way-back machine. I thought that I'd lost this vid a LOOong time ago.

I think it was '07 or '08… on the old LT1 350 build.

And while it won't help much, it was a grudge match with a Fox Mustang…

Warning, its an old Cellphone vid, but it's still doable.

http://s720.photobucket.com/user/OVA...l?sort=3&o=316

Last edited by OVA1; 09-03-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Official LS1 Tech: 9/7 "Lawhead -v- OVA1 Race" thread.