Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bad ass rematch! turbo 5.3 3rd gen vs modded CBR 600 RR **VID**

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

..or go with a 3.08 and keep the manual.

Best thing I did was got rid of my 3.42's when I went turbo(s). Car got WAY faster.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

Best thing I did was got rid of my 3.42's when I went turbo(s). Car got WAY faster.
3.08's with a 6speed? What was the set up if you don't mind me asking?

Hey nightmare, wanna drag the caddy for a couple runs? She's been running awesome in sub 60's weather.. Might be alittle interesting if we do a run with you brake boosting and one without.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rep'ing the 3rd gens!! Keep the vids coming and maybe hunt down one of them GTRs.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carter01
Good running car. Turn up the boost, stay very conservative on timing and go wax that 600!
Thanks man! I'd love to crank up the boost, but everyone online seems to be on the fence about what a stock 5.3 will take on straight pump gas. 10-11 PSI seems to be the safe limit. 12-14 PSI has been done before on just pump gas, sometimes with good luck, and sometimes with bad. I guess it's all in the tune when it comes down to it, but I want the motor to at least last till the end of this season before I get too greedy with boost. It runs hard as is and I'd love to hit a high 10 second pass at the strip with a nice cool night at this boost level. Just installed an MSD 2 step, so I'll see if it's got it in it!

Originally Posted by gm-ntmr
Nice running car
I agree with some of the other posts
I would lose the stick swap in a turbo 400 and 3.08 gears and turn the boost up u will drag that thing!
Color is awesome and so are the wheels looks really good
Thanks! As far as the tranny...I know turbo cars love autos, and you wouldn't be the first thats told me to put an auto in it lol. Just can't do it. I honestly love banging gears in a car with this kind of power, and the shifting combined with the V8 roar and turbo spool is just sex to my ears. My T56 is built to the hill, so it'll last....just not going to be a record breaker compared to an auto setup.

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

Haha, 3.08's would be way low IMO on this setup. As it is, with the 3.55 gears and my 27.5" tires, it'll do basically 150 mph in 4th gear and it gets there pretty fast. I know you want to "load" the turbo with less gear to make it pull for longer, but wouldn't a 3.08 be a bit long for a 6 speed car??

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
3.08's with a 6speed? What was the set up if you don't mind me asking?

Hey nightmare, wanna drag the caddy for a couple runs? She's been running awesome in sub 60's weather.. Might be alittle interesting if we do a run with you brake boosting and one without.
I'm always down man. Only issue is that traction is hit or miss at night if I brake boost in 2nd since the weather is getting cooler. It'd have to be a day time meet for me to get the most out of the car, but let me know when your around and I'll run!

I'm sure my brother would be down to run you as well. May be interesting. He just ran a 480 rwhp cobra and it pulled about a fender on him, but I would think your also a bit heavier than the cobra was. We could get a little trio out of it lol.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Rep'ing the 3rd gens!! Keep the vids coming and maybe hunt down one of them GTRs.
Always trying to rep for the 3rd gens

Newer GTR would spank me, but an older one might make for an interesting race!

And thanks everybody else for the compliments. Didn't know this vid got so many more replies since I last checked it lol.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im down for whatever.. the cooler the better for my car. just let me know when you guys are free

Quick Reply: Bad ass rematch! turbo 5.3 3rd gen vs modded CBR 600 RR **VID**