Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Built/Nitrous Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 vs TheGodfather Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013 | 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Now 800whp cars put 4-6 cars on liter bikes that get the hit?

And we are comparing sprayed zx14s to tune only ones?

The **** is going on in this thread.
Old 11-02-2013 | 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

It appears so.. But I don't agree with the thoughts of saying you are faster than a zx14 when racing to 180.. Get pulled down the road to 160 is hardly winning a race IMO. The amount of issues a bike has at high speeds is huge and almost any decent car will win if going to 180
Old 11-02-2013 | 01:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Puck
Who races to 180??? A basically stock gen 1 14 racing to 180 is about the dumbest thing he could do...but still losing by 4 cars while getting the hit AND having the car in the wrong gear seems real far fetched.

Anything can happen on the street, but a built/sprayed 14 like in the OP is an 8 second bike and FAR quicker then a PC/exhaust one(that may run mid 9s@145 with a good rider). The aero disadvantage is a lot more dramatic on a 600 or 1000 then a big torquey 14, but a high speed roll is still a disadvantage for the bike.

If you honestly think barely 800rwhp is enough to put 6 cars on a 14 then you need to have your buddy race a few more.

Edit: Post count is zero because threads in SRK don't count .
At our power level, 180 is a typical run for cars vs cars. The bike jumped out 2 cars and was reeled in at around 145-150, he put two cars on him around 165, and about 2 from 165-180ish. I do not know what year the 14 was but it was the riders idea to go to 180. I agree with you that a sprayed bike is no joke...that is why I asked the question! After what you said, I'm sure a sprayed 14 would have no problem with him at his power level. They did mess around again from a 70-130 and the bike gained a half car and that was it. The rider seemed like he knew what he was doing. He was in his late 30's and said he had been riding since he was a kid.

What is SRK? I let a couple of years pass before coming back in here a while ago and posting. Maybe that is why?

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Now 800whp cars put 4-6 cars on liter bikes that get the hit?

And we are comparing sprayed zx14s to tune only ones?

The **** is going on in this thread.
I never said he put 6 cars on him...go reread what I typed. He put about 4 on the bike. I'm sorry you think an 816RWHP ZO6 is not up to the task of beating a liter bike. Your statement suggests that you are the typical ignorant fool that only looks at power...and doesn't look at torque, drag coefficient, weight ratios, tires, or anything else. My buddies car weighs in at 3200lbs with him in it and has a great setup...everything from gearing, tire, suspension, and he is an excellent driver...he also traps just over 150. Sorry if you are too ignorant to understand that a stock 14 is 140-145 on a good day...as speed goes up, the Vette will have the advantage. One more thing...a liter bike is 1000cc, not 1400. If you want, I could suggest a good tutor. Let me know.

Originally Posted by Camper
It appears so.. But I don't agree with the thoughts of saying you are faster than a zx14 when racing to 180.. Get pulled down the road to 160 is hardly winning a race IMO. The amount of issues a bike has at high speeds is huge and almost any decent car will win if going to 180
Like stated above, he didn't get pulled down the road. Even with the bike getting the hit, he had him reeled in way before 160 and it was the riders call for the 180 pull.
Old 11-02-2013 | 04:38 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

leave him alone, hes mexican
and your bitch *** all talk scrub right?

Originally Posted by sw07gt
The really funny part is its not and once again you're talking out your ***.
come up here to Norcal with your race car, bring your boyfriend camper to get your money taken and ego bruised

Last edited by DSS; 11-02-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2013 | 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

you have no idea bro.
Old 11-02-2013 | 05:20 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01MagredC5
Greetings all. I usually don't post up in these spats but, I find this race interesting and had a couple of thoughts, and a couple of questions.

The biggest reason this thread caught my interest had to do with a race that a buddy of mine had with a lightly modded ZX-14 recently.

I was the chase car, and our cars are just about even. His car is 816RWHP, 347 ci with a YSI. The 14 had exhaust and a power commander (I think?)...the rider was about 160-170lbs. They agreed to go from a 70 roll to 180. Well, at 55 MPH, the bike took off! My buddy had to play catch up because, not only did the bike get a hit, he was not in a proper gear. By the time they hit 180, he had put 4 car lengths on the 14. I can only assume that, in the proper gear, and an even start, the race would have been even worse for the 14.

One thing I want to comment on when it comes to bikes. A few of you are comparing trap speeds. You need to realize that the trap means a lot less when you are running up to 180...unless you are trapping close to that in the 1/4. Aero takes a huge toll on a bike above 120-130.

Okay now for a question. I am assuming that my buddy would have put 6+ cars on the 14 if the race had been clean. I surmise this because the bike jumped over 2 cars out in front. My question is, how much was this particular ZX14 spraying and, would it have been enough to make up a 6 car difference, had he raced my buddy's car?

I know that these two cars are completely different in weight, gearing, and aero...but...would it be that open and shut if a car with close to 900RWHP (or a little less) raced a sprayed ZX14? Thanks in advance!

BTW, I have no idea why my post count says 0...lol. I have been a member here for 6 years...and have never been in trouble!

-Brent
Originally Posted by 01MagredC5

I never said he put 6 cars on him...go reread what I typed. He put about 4 on the bike. I'm sorry you think an 816RWHP ZO6 is not up to the task of beating a liter bike. Your statement suggests that you are the typical ignorant fool that only looks at power...and doesn't look at torque, drag coefficient, weight ratios, tires, or anything else. My buddies car weighs in at 3200lbs with him in it and has a great setup...everything from gearing, tire, suspension, and he is an excellent driver...he also traps just over 150. Sorry if you are too ignorant to understand that a stock 14 is 140-145 on a good day...as speed goes up, the Vette will have the advantage. One more thing...a liter bike is 1000cc, not 1400. If you want, I could suggest a good tutor. Let me know.

sounds like you guys got some great running cars, a car that traps over 150mph is well capable of beating big liter bikes so i am not surprised on the result specially a race to 180mph with bolt on PC ZX14

i dont know how much the zx14 was spraying, neither both side cared what the other guy had, it was gambling between the two fastest machine on their bracket in our area, the Camaro lifted the head on the very same gear it started on, it was no where near it 100% power at that point. not saying if the camaro was 100% it would have been closer or anything like im just saying that it would be interesting to see what would really happen,

the only really way to find out how you and buddy would stack up against a sprayed zx14 or Busa is to race one,

Originally Posted by Puck
Who races to 180??? A basically stock gen 1 14 racing to 180 is about the dumbest thing he could do...but still losing by 4 cars while getting the hit AND having the car in the wrong gear seems real far fetched.

Anything can happen on the street, but a built/sprayed 14 like in the OP is an 8 second bike and FAR quicker then a PC/exhaust one(that may run mid 9s@145 with a good rider). The aero disadvantage is a lot more dramatic on a 600 or 1000 then a big torquey 14, but a high speed roll is still a disadvantage for the bike.

If you honestly think barely 800rwhp is enough to put 6 cars on a 14 then you need to have your buddy race a few more.

Edit: Post count is zero because threads in SRK don't count .
to be honest at this power level, 170-180mph is a normal thing,

at first i too was skeptical about that result, but he did say the Vette trapped in the 150s and you said that a PC/Exhaust ZX14 with a good rider traps 145mph

since we already on the topic of trap speed and dyno numbers, ill show few example what the camaro is capable off with its old set up,

considering a 650whp AWD low reading mustang dyno traps in the low 140s mph trap http://www.sp-power.com/spe750/ and a 920whp AWD mustang dyno traps 159mph http://www.sp-power.com/2012/10/mary...d-only-spe950/

a 789whp GTR build by this same shop with some weight reduction mod vs Camaro with its old set up
60-150mph

Last edited by DSS; 11-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2013 | 08:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DSS
and your bitch *** all talk scrub right?

come up here to Norcal with your race car, bring your boyfriend camper to get your money taken and ego bruised
Come to Kentucky, bring plenty of cash. I'm sure when I'm done I'm sure a few of my buddies would love to win some cash too.
Old 11-02-2013 | 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

If Near St Louis, ill come out and play.
Old 11-03-2013 | 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Hopefully the camaro gets all fixed, then see a clean rerun
Old 11-03-2013 | 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSS
sounds like you guys got some great running cars, a car that traps over 150mph is well capable of beating big liter bikes so i am not surprised on the result specially a race to 180mph with bolt on PC ZX14

i dont know how much the zx14 was spraying, neither both side cared what the other guy had, it was gambling between the two fastest machine on their bracket in our area, the Camaro lifted the head on the very same gear it started on, it was no where near it 100% power at that point. not saying if the camaro was 100% it would have been closer or anything like im just saying that it would be interesting to see what would really happen,

the only really way to find out how you and buddy would stack up against a sprayed zx14 or Busa is to race one,

to be honest at this power level, 170-180mph is a normal thing,

at first i too was skeptical about that result, but he did say the Vette trapped in the 150s and you said that a PC/Exhaust ZX14 with a good rider traps 145mph

since we already on the topic of trap speed and dyno numbers, ill show few example what the camaro is capable off with its old set up,

considering a 650whp AWD low reading mustang dyno traps in the low 140s mph trap http://www.sp-power.com/spe750/ and a 920whp AWD mustang dyno traps 159mph http://www.sp-power.com/2012/10/mary...d-only-spe950/

a 789whp GTR build by this same shop with some weight reduction mod vs Camaro with its old set up
60-150mph
800HP GTR VS 900HP Supercharged Camaro A.K.A THE GODFATHER - YouTube
LOL!

Is that Video taken over by Parkland? I recognize that Shell Station… Also, that Black Vette, looks like one that used to **** off the straights over in Parkland Golf & CC…
Old 11-03-2013 | 04:23 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Hopefully the camaro gets all fixed, then see a clean rerun
its been running since 2 weeks ago it was simple headgasket problem due to overboost lifting the head, just collection few 100 or so miles then off for a retune to make sure its 100%

Originally Posted by Kolk1
If Near St Louis, ill come out and play.
Turbo ZX14 is too fast haha, no point

Come to Kentucky, bring plenty of cash. I'm sure when I'm done I'm sure a few of my buddies would love to win some cash too.
your boyfriend camper said he was gonna come up here. now you bitches singing different songs

Originally Posted by OVA1
LOL!

Is that Video taken over by Parkland? I recognize that Shell Station… Also, that Black Vette, looks like one that used to **** off the straights over in Parkland Golf & CC…
no, this video was taken nearly 2 years ago here in north california (bayarea) and wrong Vette

Last edited by DSS; 11-03-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2013 | 04:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DSS
your boyfriend camper said he was gonna come up here. now you bitches singing different songs

no, this video was taken nearly 2 years ago here in north california (bayarea) and wrong Vette
Are you in east bay?
I'm in the 925 every couple months, would have some buddies who would run your ***.
Old 11-03-2013 | 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow..
Old 11-03-2013 | 04:58 PM
Launching!

Lol, I'm not driving cross country. If you feel so strongly about ******* me up you're more than welcome to.
Old 11-03-2013 | 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Trust me I'm anything but scared.... I just won't entertain you because you act like a child and I have a short temper and I'm a grown *** man now that has left that type of behavior a while ago.
Old 11-03-2013 | 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL@ this whole ****** thread...

FYI... a bone stock 2012-13 ZX14 will trap 150-152 with a 185lb suited rider.... No pipe, no lowering, no gears...nothing...

I just ran one today on my piped/tuned (185rwhp) S1000RR from a 70 mph roll, he put 3 bikes on me right from the hit(I had to slightly chop the throttle to stop a wheelie/head shake) and I stopped the pull but couldnt make any ground.....We ran to about 165 mph or so.... We were both around the same weight, (190lbs), both started in 3rd gear (to minimize wheelies, yet I still wheelied a bit since I'm down a tooth up front)

The new ZX14s are monsters...Let alone a piped/ECU hacked/tuned one... Gonna take way more then 800 rwhp to outrun one in a car... Especially from a slow roll...(60mph)..

I agree cars have the aero/speed advantage after 160 mph or so but...up until then, they got there hands full with any of the new ZX14s, ZX10s or S1000RRs.... (and I have a 900rwhp C5Z so I'm speaking from experience)...

Last edited by ajrothm; 11-03-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2013 | 06:12 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sick-SS
Are you in east bay?
I'm in the 925 every couple months, blaH BLAH BLAH IM A BITCH and i need someone to race for me.
southbay

here some thread i posted, for some friendly wager runs with my Vette and friends WRX

i also posted on CAfords and few street racing local like Bayarearacing

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...ok-inside.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-gues...-part-2-a.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ok-inside.html

hopefully your friends see this

Lol, I'm not driving cross country. If you feel so strongly about ******* me up you're more than welcome to.
your the fool that came here questioning my cars, you wanna know how fast my cars are? come travel here and ill gladly hurt your ego and take your money

Trust me I'm anything but scared.... I just won't entertain you because you act like a child and I have a short temper and I'm a grown *** man now that has left that type of behavior a while ago.
you came to my thread bragging, with hostile smart *** attitude you expect me to play nice? i questioned your boast all of sudden your backing down to what you said, grown *** man? wtf what a joke, your worse than i thought, what makes you think theirs going to be drama? all of this is part of competition aslong you bring the right amount of cash, and your car, 60-160mph roll if its close keep going till theres a clear winner, its that simple and drama free

you want to set it up like a " grown *** man " ? then hit up my phone number, I PMed it to you a month ago, if you had done that it would been less BS on this thread

we ran people all over California as far north as Sacramento and as far south as San Deigo have traveled to us, every race, money exchange always went smooth, and drama free

Last edited by DSS; 11-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2013 | 06:39 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ajrothm
LOL@ this whole ****** thread...

FYI... a bone stock 2012-13 ZX14 will trap 150-152 with a 185lb suited rider.... No pipe, no lowering, no gears...nothing...

I just ran one today on my piped/tuned (185rwhp) S1000RR from a 70 mph roll, he put 3 bikes on me right from the hit(I had to slightly chop the throttle to stop a wheelie/head shake) and I stopped the pull but couldnt make any ground.....We ran to about 165 mph or so.... We were both around the same weight, (190lbs), both started in 3rd gear (to minimize wheelies, yet I still wheelied a bit since I'm down a tooth up front)

The new ZX14s are monsters...Let alone a piped/ECU hacked/tuned one... Gonna take way more then 800 rwhp to outrun one in a car... Especially from a slow roll...(60mph)..

I agree cars have the aero/speed advantage after 160 mph or so but...up until then, they got there hands full with any of the new ZX14s, ZX10s or S1000RRs.... (and I have a 900rwhp C5Z so I'm speaking from experience)...
i dont know much about 2012-2013 ZX14s but the older ones with good rider trap mid 140s and some hero run of 146-147mph stock, i dont have much experience with Bikes, but i have seen S1000RR trap around the same

not doubting your experience but x amount whp doesnt always run like it should, some runs faster some run slower, after all dyno is not a measure tool. but just a tuning tool

Badass and fast Set up C5Z you got there, have you lined up against these bikes? i think you would be surprised how well you would do

Last edited by DSS; 11-03-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2013 | 07:12 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

I'm still wondering why all this posting isn't even being done by the owner of the car.
Old 11-03-2013 | 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSS
i dont know much about 2012-2013 ZX14s but the older ones with good rider trap mid 140s and some hero run of 146-147mph stock, i dont have much experience with Bikes, but i have seen S1000RR trap around the same

not doubting your experience but x amount whp doesnt always run like it should, some runs faster some run slower, after all dyno is not a measure tool. but just a tuning tool

Badass and fast Set up C5Z you got there, have you lined up against these bikes? i think you would be surprised how well you would do
No I haven't ran any bikes with the C5Z, I blow it up on the track too much to actually do any real street racing. I recently converted it to an Auto so I don't think it will fair well on highway roll races..

Before I got the S1000rr in July, I had an '01 GSXR1000 that trapped 141-142 mph and it had a NASTY hit from 2nd gear at 60mph.... I raced several big power Supras on it through the years and never got beat by one....at least not up until 155-160 mph in which I would usually let out of it....It was a turd past 160 mph.... It did run 178 mph at the Texas Mile though...

I also have a 320hp turbo busa that I used to rape big power Supras/Vipers with.. I've been 225 mph in the Mile on that one so I have seen some speed on bikes...

I don't street race much any more, especially bikes vs cars but......"When in Rome...."

Quick Reply: Built/Nitrous Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 vs TheGodfather Camaro