Old 11-03-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree
Old 11-03-2013, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
One thing i have to say, Is having owned both Chevy and Fords... Chevy guys absolutely hate on Ford WAYY more then the other way around.

Like when I went up to the track a few weeks back. My buddies 403ci 560whp SS was running 11.1 at 128. My other buddies 306ci NA fox was running 10.7 at 123-124 with 412whp (Both cars trap 100-102 in the 8th). Both stick cars.

The fox owner said that the 403ci car is FAST and just needs to work on his 330'. Later on in the day. A video gets posted of the fox and in qoutes says "Not bad for an NA Ford". And the funny part is the person who posted that is a die hard 1/4 mile guy. Just hates Fords.

I couldnt but laugh because the fox was running just under a half second faster with A LOT less power. And he actually complimented how fast the 403ci was, just wasnt fully getting it to the ground. Yet, he gets discredited for it being a Ford. However... if that were a stock cube ls1 car running that... he would have been swinging from the bowtie nuts about it.

Funny part about that Fox, is its actually a grudge car on the street. He has torched a lot of 9 second cars on the street with his "10.7" car. The car literally duplicates the 60's from the track on the street (1.48-1.52). While those 9 second cars...turn into low 11 second cars.

what was the weight difference, automach?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big hammer
what was the weight difference, automach?
Fox was 3280 race weight. F body was 3680 race weight. F body had 148whp on the fox.

The comparison of the cars is not the point of what I said. The point was that the Chevy guys said that the fox was "Not bad for an NA Ford", Yet it was whooping his *** all day at the track lol. So what if he had 4-5mph on the fox... That mph means **** when youre 6 cars behind him lol. And the Fox owner was nothing but complimentive (i dont think thats a word) towards the f body owner on how fast his car was.

Point is that, the losing car, was the "fast" car... and the winning car was the "not bad" car. And how there is alot more hate and discredit towards Ford from GM then the other way around. I understand you have your nut huggers on both sides. But from being on both sides. There are more on the GM side hating ford. Thats all.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Fox was 3280 race weight. F body was 3680 race weight. F body had 148whp on the fox.

The comparison of the cars is not the point of what I said. The point was that the Chevy guys said that the fox was "Not bad for an NA Ford", Yet it was whooping his *** all day at the track lol. So what if he had 4-5mph on the fox... That mph means **** when youre 6 cars behind him lol. And the Fox owner was nothing but complimentive (i dont think thats a word) towards the f body owner on how fast his car was.

Point is that, the losing car, was the "fast" car... and the winning car was the "not bad" car.
it's totally the point!

and "not bad" means good, by default!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Who gives a **** what brand it is? It could be a fast Kia or Hyundai, for all that it matters.
This whole bashing on brands is retarded when its taken seriously. Yeah, it's fun to tease each other, but the all-out bash fest is ridiculous.

Even fast 4-cylinders, as annoying as they sound, are still impressive.
I think most of us on here.. whether Ford or GM, might bicker a little and poke fun at each other online, but if we were to all meet in person at the track or car meet, it would be just a bunch of car guys bs'ing about cars.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There's a few people who make me dislike bowties but I try to be as objective as possible, and I heavily agree that the hate is more from GM to Ford than vice versa. I think there's more idiots in Mustangs who have 98 GT slow piles with a flowmaster and think its a rocket because it's loud when in reality it's a turd, and I think there's more dbags in f-bodies who know zero about their own car but since they know how to push the gas pedal down in their A4 and have some power, they think they're entitled to some supremacist attitude.

Each brand has the guys who bring dislike from the other side. Then on top of that you have old old school guys who love their 98 Z28 but turn their nose up at a Trans Am because "back in the day" they only liked Chevy and Pontiac is inferior for no logical reason whatsoever by 4th gen F-body standards.

Hio mentions "Ford guys" on here like he was gang raped in a truck stop restroom by a bunch of guys wearing Ford t-shirts.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

GM ftw!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95

Hio mentions "Ford guys" on here like he was gang raped in a truck stop restroom by a bunch of guys wearing Ford t-shirts.
They swore they wouldn't tell anyone!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
They swore they wouldn't tell anyone!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

One thing i have to say, Is having owned both Chevy and Fords... Chevy guys absolutely hate on Ford WAYY more then the other way around.

Like when I went up to the track a few weeks back. My buddies 403ci 560whp SS was running 11.1 at 128. My other buddies 306ci NA fox was running 10.7 at 123-124 with 412whp (Both cars trap 100-102 in the 8th). Both stick cars.

The fox owner said that the 403ci car is FAST and just needs to work on his 330'. Later on in the day. A video gets posted of the fox and in qoutes says "Not bad for an NA Ford". And the funny part is the person who posted that is a die hard 1/4 mile guy. Just hates Fords.

I couldnt but laugh because the fox was running just under a half second faster with A LOT less power. And he actually complimented how fast the 403ci was, just wasnt fully getting it to the ground. Yet, he gets discredited for it being a Ford. However... if that were a stock cube ls1 car running that... he would have been swinging from the bowtie nuts about it.

Funny part about that Fox, is its actually a grudge car on the street. He has torched a lot of 9 second cars on the street with his "10.7" car. The car literally duplicates the 60's from the track on the street (1.48-1.52). While those 9 second cars...turn into low 11 second cars.

I will still always have a place for GM. I like both brands... i love the rivalry.. I love how they use each other to continue to build badass cars. I will own another GM in my life. Hell i still want a Fox and a 4th gen f body. But I really dont like GMs styling as of lately... that is my ONE turn off from them. I like the slight changes made to the fifth gen for 2014... Im hoping the C7 will eventually change back to the classic 4 round tail lights. I look forward to seeing the C7 Z06 as well. I dont really care for when the ZR1 comes out. Ill always be an NA guy... it will always be my curse . Which is why I will always favor the Z06 to the ZR1 and I will always favor the Boss to the GT500.
I agree entirely…

My first love was the Ford Fastbacks of the late 60s and early 70s. But in those days, I was thoroughly consumed with Motocross and the need for speed was exercised on two wheels, with cars being merely a means to get to the track (dirt), cutting my four wheel teeth on Toyota Corollas… 75hp… ALL DAY LONG!

After that, marriage and kids came into play and with the exception of a brief fling with airplanes, I settled into a life of raising kids and work.

It wasn't until my mid 40s when providence provided the Z, did I consider 'going fast' to ever again be a worthy pursuit.

But like blood on a shark's tooth, it has since consumed me and, truth be told, it could have just as easily been a Mustang.

I'd like to take a moment and thank the good Lord for having blessed me with his chosen ride… in providing me with a Camaro Z28. Otherwise, Evil may have prevailed.

Thank ya Lord! Oh how I DO appreciate it!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
You sure gotta perty mouf…
Old 11-03-2013, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

I think most of us on here.. whether Ford or GM, might bicker a little and poke fun at each other online, but if we were to all meet in person at the track or car meet, it would be just a bunch of car guys bs'ing about cars.
Now this is truly THE Point.

It's the guys that get into their rides and get the work done that my experience shows to be the true 'car guys'.

Chevy or Ford, I think we can all agree that EVEN when some pile of rice comes rattlin' up, when the kid gets out of it, if he's in a dirty wife-beater with grease from head to toe, you know he's going to be a decent hang and, that once ya get past the 'was anyone killed in that mess?', that there's a good conversation in the makin'.

I honestly don't give a dam' what anyone is driving, as long as when they tell ya what's in it, they actually know what it means and they know, because they busted their *** putting it there and they're ready to stage up and show ya what it will do.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OVA1
Now this is truly THE Point.

It's the guys that get into their rides and get the work done that my experience shows to be the true 'car guys'.

Chevy or Ford, I think we can all agree that EVEN when some pile of rice comes rattlin' up, when the kid gets out of it, if he's in a dirty wife-beater with grease from head to toe, you know he's going to be a decent hang and, that once ya get past the 'was anyone killed in that mess?', that there's a good conversation in the makin'.

I honestly don't give a dam' what anyone is driving, as long as when they tell ya what's in it, they actually know what it means and they know, because they busted their *** putting it there and they're ready to stage up and show ya what it will do.
Yup, the voice of reason, which can only come with experience.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Yup, the voice of reason, which can only come with experience.
OVA1 keeps it real.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM

well, well, well....more people who drag from a rolling start....don't get me wrong, I am GM all the way, but do it from a damn stop and see what goes down. THAT is where it will be impressive to me...and that's the first damn thing that ford maniacs are gonna whine about...
Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench71
well, well, well....more people who drag from a rolling start....don't get me wrong, I am GM all the way, but do it from a damn stop and see what goes down. THAT is where it will be impressive to me...and that's the first damn thing that ford maniacs are gonna whine about...
What? Typically the stereotype is that Mustang drivers ONLY want to go from a dig or a very low roll, because the LS motors like stretching their legs.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
What? Typically the stereotype is that Mustang drivers ONLY want to go from a dig or a very low roll, because the LS motors like stretching their legs.
I think that's what he meant. I think he was saying he likes GM but he hates roll racing and the Ford guys will bitch about it being a roll race.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
***Repost Police***

I guess we'll see.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Roll racing is where its at nowadays mang.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:55 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Roll racing is where its at nowadays mang.
Digs at the strip and rolls on the street.

Quick Reply: C5 z06 vs 5.0s