Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2014 C7 Corvette vs 2014 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013 | 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Where do you get your information????

Quote:

These all provide downforce at high speeds, keeping the car connected to the ground. The cost of downforce is more drag, and the coefficient of drag for the ZL1 is 0.405

Chevrolet itself lists it @ .387

The 2013 GT500 is .36

How is the ZL1 superior? It's slower, heavier, and IMO.. much uglier.
The design provides for superior overall performance. The Drag is higher, due to the design that allows the car to carry higher speed with greater stability. Higher overall stability provides for the means to carry greater power…

Thus the GT500 is DESIGNED to be slower than the ZL1.

(And thanks for askin' brother… I was getting worried that THAT ONE wasn't going to get any action and I was going to have to rebait that hook.)

U-DA-MAN!
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bh353
slight performance difference?lol a gt500 looses in every category compared to a Zr1 and its not even close..
It wasn't built to compete with it. It handles the ZL1 with ease. But I can guarantee you the ZR1 is not worth 60,000 more.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A race between two cars. Not a comparison of who makes the baddest engine.
But you are comparing a car that makes 600+hp compared to a car that makes 550+hp...its only fair to compare cars that make similar hp don't you think?
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OVA1
ROFLMNAO!

Uh oh… so Pops, you're saying that the ZR1 holds a 'slight' performance advantage over the ZR1 Vette?

(Have you run this buy the Fanbois? This is NOT going to work well with their whole "The GT500 had no designs on competition with the Vette" argument and they've SO MUCH stock on that one… perhaps you should consider deleting this one… if ya do, I promise to delete this response.

Everything seems to be going SO well and I hate to see the fragile comity shattered. We've come SO FAR!)
I was replying to his statement. Again.. Corvettes and Mustang are not, nor have never been designed nor built to be direct competitors.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Not for $120,000 you are not. Sorry but 60k difference is a ripoff based on the slight performance differences.
ROFLMNAO!

Uh oh… so Pops, you're saying that the ZR1 holds a 'slight' performance advantage over the ZR1 Vette?

(Have you run this buy the Fanbois? This is NOT going to work well with their whole "The GT500 had no designs on competition with the Vette" argument and they've SO MUCH stock on that one… perhaps you should consider deleting this one… if ya do, I promise to delete this response.

Everything seems to be going SO well and I hate to see the fragile comity shattered. We've come SO FAR!)
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

The design provides for superior overall performance. The Drag is higher, due to the design that allows the car to carry higher speed with greater stability. Higher overall stability provides for the means to carry greater power…

Thus the GT500 is DESIGNED to be slower than the ZL1.

(And thanks for askin' brother… I was getting worried that THAT ONE wasn't going to get any action and I was going to have to rebait that hook.)

U-DA-MAN!
Here you go... tell me which one is faster.

Old 11-10-2013 | 09:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by bh353
But you are comparing a car that makes 600+hp compared to a car that makes 550+hp...its only fair to compare cars that make similar hp don't you think?
No, it is fair to compare cars that are in the same class. Unless the Ford guys can completely discount '94-'02 because the F-bodies had so much more power. As so many people on this site are quick to point out, GM had the ponycar wars pretty well wrapped up in the '90s. And no sane person really argues that at all. Why is it so hard to accept that you can't always win at everything?
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

I was replying to his statement. Again.. Corvettes and Mustang are not, nor have never been designed nor built to be direct competitors.
Well I hear ya. I really do.

The problem IS… and you'll hopefully forgive me for pointing this out, YOU are the one that just pointed to your own opinion that the new GT500 IS competitive with not just the VETTE… but the TOP VETTE DOG… the almighty ZR1.

What's more YOU stated that not only is it COMPETITIVE, but it only suffers a SLIGHT DISADVANTAGE.

Now… be honest. How can I trust that the GT500 wasn't built to compete with the Vette, when a person of NO LESS the VERACITY and CREDIBILITY of YOURSELF… claims otherwise?

(Big fan BTW… LOVE your work.)
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Well I hear ya. I really do.

The problem IS… and you'll hopefully forgive me for pointing this out, YOU are the one that just pointed to your own opinion that the new GT500 IS competitive with not just the VETTE… but the TOP VETTE DOG… the almighty ZR1.

What's more YOU stated that not only is it COMPETITIVE, but it only suffers a SLIGHT DISADVANTAGE.

Now… be honest. How can I trust that the GT500 wasn't built to compete with the Vette, when a person of NO LESS the VERACITY and CREDIBILITY of YOURSELF… claims otherwise?

(Big fan BTW… LOVE your work.)
Reread my reply please. I stated, based on HIS statement COMPARING the two, that the ZR1 is twice the price without twice the performance gain. You need to read again mang.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Here you go... tell me which one is faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYWCnRWiqt8
ZL1… and by no small margin.

Did ya notice the track conditions? ZL1 ran in HEAVY heat and humidity.. while the 500 ran in the sweet cool air of winter.

CRUSHED IT!

Put 'em both on the same course… and you'll see for yourself. (For Pete's sake, don't ask me to drive the ZL1, 'cause that wouldn't be fair to the Ford. Pick someone else. I WILL NOT DO IT!*

(***** yeah I'd do it… Ask! Go ahead I Frick'en DARE YA!)

Edit… How cool would it be if twice the price got twice the performance? That would put the bugatti-veyron somewhere beyond the performance of the Space Shuttle. In a straight horizontal line, of course.

Last edited by OVA1; 11-10-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Reread my reply please. I stated, based on HIS statement COMPARING the two, that the ZR1 is twice the price without twice the performance gain. You need to read again mang.
I understand the context sir… Sadly it doesn't help with the problem.

(I begged ya to delete it…)
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Might as well step outside and find a rock to argue with

You'll get much further .....
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

ZL1… and by no small margin.

Did ya notice the track conditions? ZL1 ran in HEAVY heat and humidity.. while the 500 ran in the sweet cool air of winter.

CRUSHED IT!

Put 'em both on the same course… and you'll see for yourself. (For Pete's sake, don't ask me to drive the ZL1, 'cause that wouldn't be fair to the Ford. Pick someone else. I WILL NOT DO IT!*

(**** yeah I'd do it… Ask Go ahead I Frick'en DARE YA!)
Sigh....Some people are born to be hardheaded. I'll just let my car do the talking when I run into a ZL on the street and leave it at that.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Might as well step outside and find a rock to argue with

You'll get much further .....
I tried.... I got through to the rock.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Sigh....Some people are born to be hardheaded. I'll just let my car do the talking when I run into a ZL on the street and leave it at that.
ZL1?

Dude… My old 96 LTx has beat them everytime I've staged up on 'em. Except one. Which I tied… after wheel hopping to half track down the 1/4 mile.

So I don't think that's gonna do it.

But good luck, nonetheless.

Last edited by OVA1; 11-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Well best of luck and I for one hope that the ZR1 comes out on top… 'Cause if it doesn't.

MAN! Is there going to be weeping and gnashing of teeth in the Mustang Fanboi camp THAT NIGHT!

Good LORD can you imagine?

There they'll be… ALL ecstatic that the 500 beats down a ZR1, while having to maintain that the 500 was NEVER DESIGNED TO COMPETE WITH THE ZR1.

LOL!

Kids… You can't make this crap up.

(Thanks PC… I hope ya know where I'm at on this… There's just something here that I can't seem to put my finger on. But I'm gainin' on it!

Nothing against you personally.)
Re-read my post again... I said ZL not ZR
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:41 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

all of your gt500's are belong to the Z twins.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
No, it is fair to compare cars that are in the same class. Unless the Ford guys can completely discount '94-'02 because the F-bodies had so much more power. As so many people on this site are quick to point out, GM had the ponycar wars pretty well wrapped up in the '90s. And no sane person really argues that at all. Why is it so hard to accept that you can't always win at everything?
Are you sure it's "Class"?

Cause HP is a major determination in the creation of a "Class".

Perhaps the word you're groping for is "Category".

Ya see, when Ford slapped on the panic blower and bored out the engine to its maximum, giving the 500 a hundred HP advantage, it set the 500 into a higher class. While it remained in the same 'category', as your various charts and grafts have repeatedly proven.

I mean, just ask PoppaCaps… he himself not a half hour ago assigned the 500 to the same CLASS as the ZR1 Corvette… going as far as to state that the 500 suffers only the slightest disadvantage to the ZR1, despite it selling in a category which brings only half the price.

You guys really need to get your **** together on this… You're all over the lanes here. Pick one and please… STICK TO IT!

Last edited by OVA1; 11-10-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-10-2013 | 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Old 11-10-2013 | 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Re-read my post again... I said ZL not ZR
Brother I did post that… But I DID re-read the post and realized that in THAT instance you were discussing the ZL1 (which you're about to race) so I immediately deleted the content and re-wrote it to respond to what you had actually said.

Pardon me…

https://ls1tech.com/forums/17814755-post615.html

Last edited by OVA1; 11-10-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 C7 Corvette vs 2014 GT500