Originally Posted by Sickness7
Won't know until I meet him:p.
When is this going down?
Old 06-07-2014, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Um, I was quoting 4.slow, not you sir.
But I want to be a part of the fight. Quick say something about my f-body.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
When is this going down?
Probably never since I live in Canada :'(
Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But I want to be a part of the fight. Quick say something about my f-body.
Your f bomb has squeaks, rattles, leaks, tons of miles and would still skull **** anything I've ever owned. Did I do it right?
Old 06-07-2014, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Your f bomb has squeaks, rattles, leaks, tons of miles and would still skull **** anything I've ever owned. Did I do it right?

Hey it doesn't leak! lol Thats it down with Furd. I do wants me a 2004 GT though. I want to many cars I just wish I would win the lottery already.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

I do wants me a 2004 GT though..
Why so you can get your *** handed to you by Hondas ?
Old 06-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmike9396
That is not nice! ...but totally valid
Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Hey it doesn't leak! lol Thats it down with Furd. I do wants me a 2004 GT though. I want to many cars I just wish I would win the lottery already.
It's a fun little DD. Reliable, sounds good. I Like it, but a beast it is not.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

It's a fun little DD. Reliable, sounds good. I Like it, but a beast it is not.
Truthfully I love the sound of them with a nice intake/exhaust and that is exactly what I would use it for a summer DD.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

Cheer up bro they sound wayyyy better than hondas
Old 06-08-2014, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Methinks he may be talking about the 2004 Ford GT rather than the 2004 Mustang GT. Why else would he need to win the lottery to have one?

Well, that's the story I'd have used...
Old 06-08-2014, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Methinks he may be talking about the 2004 Ford GT rather than the 2004 Mustang GT. Why else would he need to win the lottery to have one?

Well, that's the story I'd have used...
If I won the lottery I would have a ford gt no doubt haha. But if I won the lottery I would be dailying a G8 GXP supercharged. I am speaking down the road in a few years when my daily dies I will probably pick up a high mileage 2004 mustang :p
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

If I won the lottery I would have a ford gt no doubt haha. But if I won the lottery I would be dailying a G8 GXP supercharged. I am speaking down the road in a few years when my daily dies I will probably pick up a high mileage 2004 mustang :p
If you had won the lottery and drove an old G8... I'd have to question your mental capacity... After all, there is the CTS-V and with that, no need for any G8!

One of my brothers told me yesterday, his favorite Mustang body is that of the 2004... Not mine, but whatever. I was just thinking, "WHY?" I had a 95, but that's as close as ever to the "new edge" version. Sure, I like the latter more, but it's the same interior and that makes the car bore me these days. I'd certainly be interested in a 99-01 Cobra or the later Mach1 more. Besides, I can make nearly anything SOUND good... including a brand new 2014 Mustang GT, which needs no help.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Teching In

If you had won the lottery and drove an old G8... I'd have to question your mental capacity... After all, there is the CTS-V and with that, no need for any G8!

One of my brothers told me yesterday, his favorite Mustang body is that of the 2004... Not mine, but whatever. I was just thinking, "WHY?" I had a 95, but that's as close as ever to the "new edge" version. Sure, I like the latter more, but it's the same interior and that makes the car bore me these days. I'd certainly be interested in a 99-01 Cobra or the later Mach1 more. Besides, I can make nearly anything SOUND good... including a brand new 2014 Mustang GT, which needs no help.
I dig CTS-Vs for sure, but I would personally rather have a G8 as well. Every time one passes me...I just...love them. I'd gladly take a GXP manual, but I'm sure my feelings wouldn't be hurt at all with a regular GT
Old 06-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Some one with good taste also....

LOL...just jk..

The 2014 Mustang GT is sweet looking, I have to say. My buddy just picked one up. He promised he will let me drive it.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Probably because the 2 cars that I want as a retired old man is a g8 Gxp and a 1969 GTO Judge lol. I am pontiac. Till the day I die.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

I dig CTS-Vs for sure, but I would personally rather have a G8 as well. Every time one passes me...I just...love them. I'd gladly take a GXP manual, but I'm sure my feelings wouldn't be hurt at all with a regular GT
Eh... There are many Pontiacs I've liked over the years, but if I'm looking for comfort and good looks and great power... CTS-V all day over any Pontiac.

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Some one with good taste also....

LOL...just jk..

The 2014 Mustang GT is sweet looking, I have to say. My buddy just picked one up. He promised he will let me drive it.
The 2014 is a blast. I saw no difference from the driver seat over a 2011, but they sound great, run great, look great... I probably would've bought one myself, but I don't want another Mustang unless and until it's a 2015 or later.

Probably because the 2 cars that I want as a retired old man is a g8 Gxp and a 1969 GTO Judge lol. I am pontiac. Till the day I die.
Heh... I'd like to have the old goat, but not over a CTS-V... That V is just an extraordinary Cadillac.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nice LT1. can't wait to heads/cam/full bolt on my car. I just have suspension and shiny vette wheels
Old 06-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Speaking from the perspective of the 2V being an "alternative". Its fast as **** for what it costs. For the difference of buying a 4V of the same year you can supercharge your 2V and if its being compared to a Cobra you can both forge your motor and supercharge it for that cost. Hell youd have the straight rear axle too.

If you insisted on a manual you might still have money for T-56 swap if you played your cards right. Most 3650s and 45s arent going to hold up to the power at this level. If you had an Auto you wouldnt need to bother.

Hell for the cost of camming your 4V you can set up a proper nitrous kit or low end blower kit on a 2V. Camming should be very low on the priority list for a 4V though.

But all of this only matters if your playing the dollar game. The Ford C Heads embarrass the 2v pretty bad especially under boost.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Iliac
Speaking from the perspective of the 2V being an "alternative". Its fast as **** for what it costs. For the difference of buying a 4V of the same year you can supercharge your 2V and if its being compared to a Cobra you can both forge your motor and supercharge it for that cost. Hell youd have the straight rear axle too.
With that as the idea, the Mach 1 is your obvious answer... The 2V is no alternative to anything 4V. The Cobra, at least in later yrs, has fully forged internals from the factory. All of the above have forged cranks.

If you insisted on a manual you might still have money for T-56 swap if you played your cards right. Most 3650s and 45s arent going to hold up to the power at this level. If you had an Auto you wouldnt need to bother.
Right back to the Cobra... already supercharged, fully forged, T-56... just swap the rear to SLA and you're done. Of course, in drag racing, you're never done.

Hell for the cost of camming your 4V you can set up a proper nitrous kit or low end blower kit on a 2V. Camming should be very low on the priority list for a 4V though.
Exactly. A solid automatic would far better serve a drag racer, particularly w/ a S/C'd Cobra. I remember a guy running 9.8x's in a 2003 (still in 2002, I think) w/o ever pulling a valve cover. He did swap the S/C and swapped to an auto... and gears and surely removed interior and added roll bar/cage. The internals all being stock was cool though.

But all of this only matters if your playing the dollar game. The Ford C Heads embarrass the 2v pretty bad especially under boost.
One may argue the E7 heads embarrass the 2V 4.6L heads, at least until the 1999 model. None of those are very good for high power, though a Mustang or 2 has gone 8's with the 2V. At least there was a massive aftermarket for the E7 replacement... 302/351W really did benefit from high flowing heads.

For me, considering how old the platform is and what's available today, I would drive the Mach 1 or Cobra and drag race either for fun... nothing really serious. For drag racing, I'd go cheaper and lighter... FOX. Otherwise, fun drivers for the weekend, but I still prefer many other options. That said, I could have fun with the SN95 too... just at a bit more weight. It won't be long and those, as well as the 4th gen, will be included in NOSTALGIA classes!

Quick Reply: Full bolt on LT1 vs full bolt on 2012 5.0