Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

900 whp Evo 8 vs GSXR 1000 and 750 whp Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puck
Someone with 900hp put on 235 all seasons and I bet I will beat them from a 40 roll to ~140 on a gsxr750.

You guys are nuts if you think that rider was legit.

The car is badass and would win on a tire, but even 500rwhp is useless on a street tire. To think all that power would kill a literbike from a 40 - which is basically the sweet spot for a 1000 - is crazy.

Nasty *** Evo either way. I would love to see it on a tire!
I agree if the car is spinning it would not be as effective
Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Evo is insane. Nice runs.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Riding/Racing a bike from a roll is so damn easy I don't know how anyone can possibly mess it up. The only thing to be careful of is popping the front end up when first hitting the gas. Shifting is so easy on a bike.... maybe it's just me. I think the rider looked like they were doing fine. The EVO is just faster than that bike, which I question if it is a liter bike.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Can some people not hear? Puck supposedly rides a bike and is confusing a turbo car engine for a bike on the limiter... Turn in your license, sir!

If you can't tell the difference, I can't help you guys.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used to own a 2008 CBR1000RR, so I can confirm that the bike in the video is indeed a CBR1000RR. Stock CBRs are restricted due to emissions, so they lay down up top. There wasn't much it was going to do against that Evo.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
Can some people not hear? Puck supposedly rides a bike and is confusing a turbo car engine for a bike on the limiter... Turn in your license, sir!

If you can't tell the difference, I can't help you guys.
Rev limiter was indeed the car, first time I watched the video was on my cell and I assumed it was the bike.

That means it hammered the rev limiter, spun through a whole gear, had 900rwhp on tiny 235 all seasons, and STILL yanked a literbike(who even at stock wheelbase wasn't fighting any wheelies?) from a 40mph roll??? That sounds even more ridiculous.

Who has the most rwhp in SRK? I know we have a couple ~700rwhp guys...ask one of them to throw some 235 street tires on and see how fast they go from a 40mph roll against a 1000. Even with AWD you don't have a chance in hell to hook on 235 all seasons...and ANY crotch rocket should get the jump from 40 because of that - even though the car will freight train it a couple seconds later.

I'm not arguing the outcome, and the car is badass like I said...but with all that spinning the literbike should have instantly pulled a bike or two if it was being ridden properly.

Like I said, I'd do a 40roll against a 900rwhp car on 235s with a 750 and they won't pull me off the hit, I promise.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Rev limiter was indeed the car, first time I watched the video was on my cell and I assumed it was the bike.

That means it hammered the rev limiter, spun through a whole gear, had 900rwhp on tiny 235 all seasons, and STILL yanked a literbike(who even at stock wheelbase wasn't fighting any wheelies?) from a 40mph roll??? That sounds even more ridiculous.

Who has the most rwhp in SRK? I know we have a couple ~700rwhp guys...ask one of them to throw some 235 street tires on and see how fast they go from a 40mph roll against a 1000. Even with AWD you don't have a chance in hell to hook on 235 all seasons...and ANY crotch rocket should get the jump from 40 because of that - even though the car will freight train it a couple seconds later.

I'm not arguing the outcome, and the car is badass like I said...but with all that spinning the literbike should have instantly pulled a bike or two if it was being ridden properly.

Like I said, I'd do a 40roll against a 900rwhp car on 235s with a 750 and they won't pull me off the hit, I promise.
I actually agree that the bike should have jumped out considering how bad the Evo was spinning. Wouldn't have taken long to come around it, but the bike was certainly lacking rider mod.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:52 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Here's the thing. Look how fast the liter bike falls back, despite the Evo spinning, right on launch. That's a pretty nice sign of terrible rider. He would have jumped, or at the minimum stayed even, with the Evo on initial launch.
I have no doubt that the Evo would win, but that rider sucks.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MTN_Z
I used to own a 2008 CBR1000RR, so I can confirm that the bike in the video is indeed a CBR1000RR. Stock CBRs are restricted due to emissions, so they lay down up top. There wasn't much it was going to do against that Evo.
I have literally owned every single manufacturer of liter bikes starting from 02-10. You sir have no clue what your talking about. CBR's Lay down up top becuase they where engineered to make their power down low.. that has NOTHING to do with emissions. The fact is that ANY litter bike ridden properly would have jumped WAAAYYY out in front of a 900rwhp 4door car spinning tires.. Look how late he jumped on the 3 count.. Dude was a straight rook

Last edited by oscs; 12-23-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually agree that the bike should have jumped out considering how bad the Evo was spinning. Wouldn't have taken long to come around it, but the bike was certainly lacking rider mod.
Originally Posted by oscs
I have owned every manufacturer of liter bikes starting from 02 GSXR to 04ZX-10r so on and so forth and you sir have no clue what your talking about. CBR's are typically not strong on the top end but that has NOTHING to do with emissions. The fact is that ANY litter bike ridden properly would have jumped WAAAYYY out in front of a 900rwhp 4door car spinning tires.. Look how late he jumped on the 3 count. Dude was a straight rookie.
Exactly. Maybe he wasn't a bad or inexperienced rider and was just in the wrong gear and underestimated the car, but something was up for sure.

Evo would have came around him pretty quickly anyway once they got up to speed, and its definitely a badass ride...but with a proper launch the bike would have taken the jump for SURE from a 40roll if the other car was spinning. He didn't even come close the yanking the front - and its a stock wheelbase 1000 @ 40mph, which should be a wheelie machine.

PS: That is one sick ******* 280.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:24 PM
8 Second Club

Exactly. Maybe he wasn't a bad or inexperienced rider and was just in the wrong gear and underestimated the car, but something was up for sure.

Evo would have came around him pretty quickly anyway once they got up to speed, and its definitely a badass ride...but with a proper launch the bike would have taken the jump for SURE from a 40roll if the other car was spinning. He didn't even come close the yanking the front - and its a stock wheelbase 1000 @ 40mph, which should be a wheelie machine.

PS: That is one sick ******* 280.

Hell my 02 GSXR 1k use to pull the wheel off the ground in 2nd-3rd and 4th when i no lift shifted.. Bikes now a days would take that old GSXR's lunch.. And thanks, stayed tuned for the 370-TT build
Old 12-23-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have literally owned every single manufacturer of liter bikes starting from 02-10. You sir have no clue what your talking about. CBR's Lay down up top becuase they where engineered to make their power down low.. that has NOTHING to do with emissions. The fact is that ANY litter bike ridden properly would have jumped WAAAYYY out in front of a 900rwhp 4door car spinning tires.. Look how late he jumped on the 3 count.. Dude was a straight rook
Wrong. While the bike does make more power in the midrange by design, they do in fact have a top end restriction. Search for Z-bomb. Same day when I was at my friend's dyno, it made 7 more rwhp from before timing mod to after. Substantial top end acceleration difference past 10,500 rpm. It's not making ZX-10 or S1000RR power, but it is restricted. Do research before calling people out. I have also owned every liter bike since about 98. I'm not some punk kid that posts speculation.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

my car that makes 1015/955 weighing 3480# doesnt jump out on liter bikes that hard and I dead hook, but its been a bit since ive raced a stockish bike with a big fat rider.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:00 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Who doesn't know what they're doing.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:24 AM
8 Second Club

Wrong. While the bike does make more power in the midrange by design, they do in fact have a top end restriction. Search for Z-bomb. Same day when I was at my friend's dyno, it made 7 more rwhp from before timing mod to after. Substantial top end acceleration difference past 10,500 rpm. It's not making ZX-10 or S1000RR power, but it is restricted. Do research before calling people out. I have also owned every liter bike since about 98. I'm not some punk kid that posts speculation.

You just proved my point
Old 12-24-2013, 10:03 AM

Hey guys hows it going?? im the owner of the Evo .. I have also ridden bikes and very used to what and how they operate ..

and I dont doubt there was some under estimation on the 1st run .. and then not sure what the deal was with the rest .. but hey you run what you brung and he didnt have the rider mod 100% haha thats not my fault lol he came on **** strong and well you see the results lol ..

sometimes you have to live and learn lol I was expecting more of a fight for sure esp off the hit haha but it is what it is .. and agreed with you guys the outcome would have been the same regardless haha .. it just happened to start the way it would have ended haha

but i do appreciate all the support and props .. thanks for not talking **** haha was expecting a lot of that when my buddy sent me this link lol
Old 12-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

The thing you all seem to be forgetting is that an AWD car spinning covers ground a lot better than an RWD car spinning.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

You just proved my point
Yeah, sure I did.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camper
my car that makes 1015/955 weighing 3480# doesnt jump out on liter bikes that hard and I dead hook, but its been a bit since ive raced a stockish bike with a big fat rider.
Sorry to get off topic but, are you dead hooking on the street?! What mph do you stop spinning and what is your setup? I am a bit below your power level but I can't dead hook until about third. I'm on stock suspension and a 295/50/16 ET Street II.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that my tire is 28 inch with 3.73 gears. Also, what did you do for a diet on your car? I'm guessing you had to drop about 500 lbs to get it to 3480. Very impressive setup!

Last edited by 01MagredC5; 12-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01MagredC5
Sorry to get off topic but, are you dead hooking on the street?! What mph do you stop spinning and what is your setup? I am a bit below your power level but I can't dead hook until about third. I'm on stock suspension and a 295/50/16 ET Street II.
full suspension, 15" welds with a 29x13.5 hoosier QTP. basically equivlent of like a 355..

Quick Reply: 900 whp Evo 8 vs GSXR 1000 and 750 whp Cobra