Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

900 whp Evo 8 vs GSXR 1000 and 750 whp Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn...very impressive. So, what MPH do you dead hook at? You can't be hooking from a dig on the street! How did you drop so much weight to get your car down to 3480? Again, props to your setup!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01MagredC5
Damn...very impressive. So, what MPH do you dead hook at? You can't be hooking from a dig on the street! How did you drop so much weight to get your car down to 3480? Again, props to your setup!
I pretty much dead hook a 40 if im on concrete and a semi warm day. asphalt on a cold day spins a little. I dead hook a 60 every time out of third and hook a 60 out of second in conditions above^

as for weight redux, alot of stuff man.. the list would be too long. but its mainly focused on drivetrain/rotational weight, Race brakes, etc..

Old 12-24-2013, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mid_Evo
Hey guys hows it going?? im the owner of the Evo .. I have also ridden bikes and very used to what and how they operate ..

and I dont doubt there was some under estimation on the 1st run .. and then not sure what the deal was with the rest .. but hey you run what you brung and he didnt have the rider mod 100% haha thats not my fault lol he came on **** strong and well you see the results lol ..

sometimes you have to live and learn lol I was expecting more of a fight for sure esp off the hit haha but it is what it is .. and agreed with you guys the outcome would have been the same regardless haha .. it just happened to start the way it would have ended haha

but i do appreciate all the support and props .. thanks for not talking **** haha was expecting a lot of that when my buddy sent me this link lol
Sick car man, Props to you Sir!!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mid_Evo
Hey guys hows it going?? im the owner of the Evo .. I have also ridden bikes and very used to what and how they operate ..

and I dont doubt there was some under estimation on the 1st run .. and then not sure what the deal was with the rest .. but hey you run what you brung and he didnt have the rider mod 100% haha thats not my fault lol he came on **** strong and well you see the results lol ..

sometimes you have to live and learn lol I was expecting more of a fight for sure esp off the hit haha but it is what it is .. and agreed with you guys the outcome would have been the same regardless haha .. it just happened to start the way it would have ended haha

but i do appreciate all the support and props .. thanks for not talking **** haha was expecting a lot of that when my buddy sent me this link lol
Your Evo is sick, there is no reason for anyone to talk **** .

A lot of us here ride too though, and know that spinning against a literbike - even with 900+rwhp - from a 40 roll usually means the bike will instantly jump out a length or two.

Not like it matters since you will come around him hard anyway, but you yanked a 1000 from a 40 roll while spinning against the rev limiter and that is NOT a normal outcome . You should have been playing catch-up on that first run!

I don't own a literbike and am not a fan of Honda's so I could care less seeing one get pulled...it's just that a lot of people have no experience with crotch rockets and seriously underestimate bikes here to the point where we get bursts of members posting kill stories against modern 600's and literbikes in their 12 second bolt-on LS1s .
Old 12-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camper
I pretty much dead hook a 40 if im on concrete and a semi warm day. asphalt on a cold day spins a little. I dead hook a 60 every time out of third and hook a 60 out of second in conditions above^

as for weight redux, alot of stuff man.. the list would be too long. but its mainly focused on drivetrain/rotational weight, Race brakes, etc..

That's pretty good for the street bro. I can hook 3rd at 60 but that's about it. I really need to get a coil-over setup and ditch the leaf springs.

Originally Posted by Puck
Your Evo is sick, there is no reason for anyone to talk **** .

A lot of us here ride too though, and know that spinning against a literbike - even with 900+rwhp - from a 40 roll usually means the bike will instantly jump out a length or two.

Not like it matters since you will come around him hard anyway, but you yanked a 1000 from a 40 roll while spinning against the rev limiter and that is NOT a normal outcome . You should have been playing catch-up on that first run!

I don't own a literbike and am not a fan of Honda's so I could care less seeing one get pulled...it's just that a lot of people have no experience with crotch rockets and seriously underestimate bikes here to the point where we get bursts of members posting kill stories against modern 600's and literbikes in their 12 second bolt-on LS1s .
X2. You have a sick EVO! I also agree that it is funny when you get other people on here and other websites thinking they can hang with a 600+ bike with boltons. It takes quite a bit of power to run down a liter. Even if the CBR had been ridden good, you still would have ran past him! Good race!

Quick Reply: 900 whp Evo 8 vs GSXR 1000 and 750 whp Cobra