Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0 vs Cam only C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Ladies and gentleman.......this is the type of post you write when you actually have nothing worth saying.
No, that's the type of post you write when you are ****-faced drunk. Still true I'm sure though. So tell me Doug, care to address the 4th gen weight thing yet?
Old 01-23-2014, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

hammer is #1. Hio is #2.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
No, that's the type of post you write when you are ****-faced drunk. Still true I'm sure though. So tell me Doug, care to address the 4th gen weight thing yet?
2900# comes to mind, but, can't back that up with troof
Old 01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Teching In

I have replied to some...the rest of you who were posting up rhetoric will not be getting one...not worth my time...lol...

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Thanks for posting that up... Sorry I had surgery and didn't get around to posting the numbers I had. I believe we are on the same page now.

Not entirely true... I believe it was hotrod did an article discussing the true reason behind it. They were screwed by a contract and all fbody cars HAD to be built at the St Teresa plant until 2010. GM pretty much starved the car into the dirt to kill it otherwise they would have been committed to building the 4th gen until 2010 with very little chance of a remodel and the fbody was not capable of meeting future crash test standards. I'll look for the article but I'm in and out on pain meds so no promises.

Edit: wasn't hotrod...worth the read... Iirc the decision to end the 4th gen came along in 96 or so... The ls1 was never supposed to happen at all.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...vrolet_camaro/
Very interesting read!

Originally Posted by big hammer
probably. an account since 06, heavily modded ls car but still zero posts.
Yes, I have had an account since 06. Go look at my posts...I have a few (135 I think?). Back in 06, I registered on here and then got rid of my fbody and Corvette a few months later. For the next 5 years, I had Vipers...no reason to post on here. Then, I bought another Vette, did a build, then sold some of my old stuff on here. I started looking at the street racing section as an avenue for entertainment. Boy, it has not disappointed. I was told that no posts are counted in here but, they also erased my original posts back in 06 and didn't count the ones I made in the other sections on here within the last year. I don't know why this has happened.

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
I called it weeks ago mag red is a idiot.
Lol...it's obvious you are still butthurt from getting punked in the other thread. It's been two weeks and you wait for the right opportunity to come at me again. Cute...but not unexpected.

this is the problem right here. You went 119 with a cam. Thats only 3 mph more than my 3200 lb with out drive 99 went. I still had exhaust manifolds wtf were you doing to slow that thing down?
Oh idk...I only ran with slicks at the track so I probably left a couple MPH on the table vs running with just street tires. During street races, the car hung with cars that trapped 120-122. Yeah notch, I ran from a dig on the street back in the day.

Originally Posted by "MAC"
He was the driver lol kinda like how autodouche can't get out of the 12s in his race car......
That car ran an 11.76@119...so hey, I got out of the 12's.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mag= redfire= homo
Old 01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Teching In

I didn't get punked. I made fun of your stupidity. How about you post a slip of what your car ran last time out redfire
Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Teching In

I didn't get punked. I made fun of your stupidity. How about you post a slip of what your car ran last time out redfire
Still calling people homo...so feeble. Oh and yes, you did get punked by more people in that other thread than just me. Stop crying/whining.

Oh, here we go with the timeslip stuff. "If you didn't post a timeslip, it didn't happen." I'm not the one with anything to prove. I go to the track for FUN...I don't live there. So, I don't save timeslips so I can have them ready to scan and post to win an argument on a car forum. I haven't been to the track in over a year. That is immature at best. Besides, the times I have claimed are not even that fast. If I was going to lie or make up stuff...don't you think I would embellish a little bit? You aren't that bright are you?

I do not know who redfire is. This has been my only name on this site. I am not going to prove myself by giving you my screen names on the Viper Alley, Viper Club, LS1.com, LS2.com, or any off the other places I am on. I'll give you one name. I am Y2KRoadster on the Corvette Forum. I have been a member there for over 10 years.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Lol.....
Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Redfire must of been a legend on here lol
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Redfire must of been a legend on here lol
he was broke as toby, but made a quite brilliant and fantastic faux life for himself on here involving hot chicks, big money, fast cars and big mansions. all stories corroborated by other "members" which were actually just him. he often belittled others as poor people and routinely bragged himself up. so when he got busted, he got busted in a big way.

he still trolls these waters with several accounts yet, but they're getting easier to pick out. he doesn't seem to be able to change his posting style. it's like his entire life is consumed with trolling this SRK section. perhaps if he put all that effort into succeeding in the real world he wouldn't be a 33 year old that still lives with his mother because he's so broke.

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0 vs Cam only C5Z