***TX2K14 Video Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Trying to keep this thread on topic.

http://youtu.be/RU2XTf0fnBo
Either all those cars have some issues, or the Blue vette has a hidden plenum/spraybar setup.

Nasty though.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I agree with what you are saying in regards to what it takes to be competitive at TX2K, but you're coming off like Houston is the be all end all of the fastest cars in America. I live in a very small town, when compared to Houston, and there are plenty of 9 second cars, and a handful of 8 second cars. Yes, Houston has some extremely fast cars, but there are many cities and towns that don't think 10-11 second cars are quick.
Originally Posted by Guitar
It's just that Texas big head mentality...not much else. Granted Texas hosts a good amount of fast cars. Let them think whatever, who cares?
No boys, it not arrogance, it's not Texas, it's truth. Make it to 2k and see for yourselves. There's a reason the Super Bowl of street racing is in Houston. Not to mention the Texas Invitational, the Texas Mile, the Houston half mile, runway rivalry, etc. Consider this: Texas has 3 of the top ten biggest cities in America. California is the only state with a larger population, and those communist hate cars. There's a reason we have a ton of fast cars here, there's a bunch of people and a bunch of money. We also like oil and like business, which, just perpetuates the continued growth of our economy which in turn grows more fast cars.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sublime1996525
I can't believe I just read that entire thread. Some good videos here and I really need to get to Texas for this one of these years. Also it really makes me think about my H/C build for my C6Z. I'm hoping for 550rwhp, I'm a weak bitch lol.
550 is a baby cam setup w/ the C6Z. My pops has the torquer 116 w/ ported heads and put down 554. Great drivability and stock like street manners. Now, the Katech K501 would be my recommendation personally. My 434 is running a cam identical w/ a slightly wider LSA than the K501 and man it nice! Drivability is fantastic as well, but it'll make much more power than the torquers.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Spray a 150 on top
I guess that will definitely help until I get money for a blower lol.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 427zm
550 is a baby cam setup w/ the C6Z. My pops has the torquer 116 w/ ported heads and put down 554. Great drivability and stock like street manners. Now, the Katech K501 would be my recommendation personally. My 434 is running a cam identical w/ a slightly wider LSA than the K501 and man it nice! Drivability is fantastic as well, but it'll make much more power than the torquers.
Baby cam is what I was thinking. I'm not too confident in the tuners here in Utah and I want to make sure they have something that's easy to tune that I'll still enjoy driving. I have been thinking of the 501 and a few others but I also don't want to have to change valve springs every 20k miles.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sublime1996525
Baby cam is what I was thinking. I'm not too confident in the tuners here in Utah and I want to make sure they have something that's easy to tune that I'll still enjoy driving. I have been thinking of the 501 and a few others but I also don't want to have to change valve springs every 20k miles.
I hear ya. A cam on LSL lobes w/ a low 22x intake duration and a high 23x duration on a wide LSA would work well for you. More punch, while keeping overlap low and giving you good driving characteristics.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by odarabla
Sure o.k. My motor is stock to. It's a stock factory motor..
Ls world everything bolts on
Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Just so you know, I also don't give a **** if I hurt your precious feelings or seemed arrogant about myself (and Houston). Bring your little pony to Houston and grab a lane, we'll see how it stacks up and you can judge for yourself if I am full of it. Until then, quit being a bitch.

Kthnx
Butt hurt much? My feelings are far from hurt princess sorry that I didn't kiss *** and agree with your arrogant comments. No reason to drive out there because I don't make 800+
Old 03-26-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by snake95
11 seconds is very respectable to me, 10s is very fast, single digits and faster driving on the street is retarded fast.
Uhhh... What's faster than single digits? Tenths?

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Money buys THESE cars...unless your lucking out with a low cost title rebuild and you have a deal on parts or whatever. It takes money to make this kind of power. Simple fact.

The point is,..Texas has THE BEST economy in the USA. If you do not think that matters as far as what is out there on the streets, then your probably being a little closed minded. I know when I am doing well the car benefits.... So, based on the FACT about the economy you would imagine that you would see a lot more, or more consistent, HIGH END powerful cars. Not saying any state doesn't have them....

BTW...I ship to a lot of places around the world...Texas gets the majority of our shipments.

You drive a blue escape...

This is what I do/have been doing.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFixedRoof

Your opinion is **** here and in life.

PS I am pretty sure nineball and I are close to the same age,..... which has what to do with this conversation? Oh, that you have butthurt.

also...LMFAO "short on the torque. Cool however." BUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA compared to what? Riding in a bright yellow VW? Yeah, cool.
I don't do facebook... 9-ball may be happy to remember his 30's, but I doubt he's living them now. Maybe he's just that much more mature than you??? Anyway, what I was getting at went over your head like a good idea... It wasn't about his age or yours, in a literal sense, but a combination of age and achievements. I should've been more aware of your mental capabilities, or more appropriately, lack thereof.

You still drive a TAHOE, no matter what you may or may not be working on for yourself or someone else. I have a race car myself... so? I'm not trying to show off because, unlike kids, it's not my style. You should laugh at that signature... It's meant to be funny. Duhhh...

What I was being nice about telling you is, Texas doesn't have the best economy... It's way up there, but not the best.

Unlike you, I've actually lived (years) in both states... I know something about each.

Why didn't you answer back about the high end cars? Well, since you've not lived in TX, it's not easy to know.
Why not about the economy?
Why not give a list of a "LOT" of 11 second or quicker factory stock cars?
We both know why... you say silly things that cross your mind at that moment, but when someone disputes you, straight to insults because you lack the ability to back yourself up with truth.

All you're really doing is whining because you get your lily *** kicked each time you attempt to take me on here... Grow up and save some energy. Tell Ed I said hello...
Old 03-26-2014, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black06g85
too much bloody vag, not enough video.... need more videos!
This +1
Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, there's vagina bleeding all over the place in here.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

I like vagina!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Uhhh... What's faster than single digits? Tenths?
I thought I was the only one that caught that.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2nice2slow
I was gonna ignore it, but I just found it so funny, I had to ask!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's a reason we have a ton of fast cars here, there's a bunch of people and a bunch of money. We also like oil and like business, which, just perpetuates the continued growth of our economy which in turn grows more fast cars.

Maybe I should move down there someday. Iowa is turning into a huge liberal state anyway. Pretty sure with CPA mobility laws I could easily transfer. Dallas, FW, Houston are other options for banking if I decided to change into that route.
Man, there's vagina bleeding all over the place in here.
Agreed
Originally Posted by islander033
I like vagina!
snake95 has a real tight one.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Banned

Old 03-27-2014, 02:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Butt hurt much? My feelings are far from hurt princess sorry that I didn't kiss *** and agree with your arrogant comments. No reason to drive out there because I don't make 800+
I didn't ask you to kiss ***, and it seems you had the hurt feelings enough to critique my arrogance. All while driving some slow shitbox Mustang.

Please tell me your username isn't describing some wussbag automatic transmission equipped Mustang. Perfect car for a teenaged girl.

You can't even troll well. D- for effort.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 2nice2slow
There was supposed to be a "high" in front of single. Whoops. High single digits is what I was trying to say.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
...snake95 has a real tight one.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I didn't ask you to kiss ***, and it seems you had the hurt feelings enough to critique my arrogance. All while driving some slow shitbox Mustang.

Please tell me your username isn't describing some wussbag automatic transmission equipped Mustang. Perfect car for a teenaged girl.

You can't even troll well. D- for effort.
I just call it as I see it and judging by your post I was spot on. My slow mustang has nothing to do with you being a tool. Carry on
Old 03-27-2014, 09:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by islander033
I like vagina!
I second this comment!!

Quick Reply: ***TX2K14 Video Thread***