Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTO Vs GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Guitar calling out Bolton gto's is hilarious, since there turds and all ya know. It would be about like me calling him out Lolz.
Watch out he has a cam and 9inch lmao.I wouldn't be afraid of that cammed reared beast with a bolt on gto even.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
Awesome. We can get some runs in Sunday hopefully.
GoPro that ****. Trey, if you want to borrow mine, let me know.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. We can get some runs in Sunday hopefully.
Sounds good man. Do you still have your drag tires? Maybe after you embarrass me at the track, we can get some highway runs in so traction isn't an issue...just to see the difference.

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
GoPro that ****. Trey, if you want to borrow mine, let me know.
Definitely man! I'll hit you up about borrowing yours this weekend. I need to just break down and buy one at some point. You should join us!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I was planning on highway runs for you lol. But yeah I've got my QTPs which will be on Sunday.

You should come out Mach. It'll be fun. I've got one friend riding out there with a H/C car that runs pretty good...usual group I'm with won't be there though.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I was planning on highway runs for you lol.
Pheww, good cause I have to just barely ease into it on these tires, anywhere from 0-40 mph. Making some calls though to see if I can find any tires for it locally. Rolls should be close enough to at least keep both cars in camera view, lol
Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Yeah I was planning on highway runs for you lol. But yeah I've got my QTPs which will be on Sunday.

You should come out Mach. It'll be fun. I've got one friend riding out there with a H/C car that runs pretty good...usual group I'm with won't be there though.
Not a bad idea but unfortunately, I do not have enough to give you guys a good challenge.............end of May, I might have a little more to give though

Last edited by MACHXLR8; 04-03-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Not a bad idea but unfortunately, I do not have enough to give you guys a good challenge.............end of May, I might have a little more to give though
Bullshit, Et drags and a 6,000 clutch dump and make em play catch up lol
Old 04-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Bullshit, Et drags and a 6,000 clutch dump and make em play catch up lol
LOLL..I like the way you think, man. Just have to consider keeping the torque boxes intact though after the 6k dump.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

LOLL..I like the way you think, man. Just have to consider keeping the torque boxes intact though after the 6k dump.
Must be a mustang problem lol?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Teching In

How well does she run Mach? With the mods you have listed, it's probably what, a mid-low 12 or so?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
How well does she run Mach? With the mods you have listed, it's probably what, a mid-low 12 or so?
LOL..I wish..more like mid-high to high. Thanks for the kind words though.

My best 60ft is only a 1.93. I feel my biggest issues is launching the car and feathering the clutch off the line. Definitely need some practice in that department. Maybe it is just me but I find that part very difficult.

Regardless, GTOSpd's GTO is a strong car up top. I would have to pray that he would blow the tires off. LOLL

Come May though, I am having Comp Cams 106160 and springs/retainers installed with a retune. I will give it another shot at the track/street after that.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Must be a mustang problem lol?
From what I understand, constant high rpms dumps could eventually beat up on the torques boxes on these cars. The dams 8.8 rear will hold fine but I would have the boxes welded if I would be doing that with a sticky tire.

Regardless, my two-step is set at 4200 rpms anyway so I would not be exceeding that anyway.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Teching In

LOL..I wish..more like mid-high to high. Thanks for the kind words though.

My best 60ft is only a 1.93. I feel my biggest issues is launching the car and feathering the clutch off the line. Definitely need some practice in that department. Maybe it is just me but I find that part very difficult.

Regardless, GTOSpd's GTO is a strong car up top. I would have to pray that he would blow the tires off. LOLL

Come May though, I am having Comp Cams 106160 and springs/retainers installed with a retune. I will give it another shot at the track/street after that.
You aren't the only one that finds it difficult bud, I assure you. I had a hell of a time as well. Those cams should be the perfect compliment to your mod list, it's almost as if you did that on purpose lol. Yeah, Goats are strong for sure, especially the 6ohs. I'd wager his car traps mid teens, as it seems he can straight row some gears. Either way, it's all in fun mang!

Quick Reply: GTO Vs GTO