Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Little encounter last night..

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little encounter last night..

Just dropped a buddy off home after grabbing taco bell last night and as im on my way home an infiniti g35 blows by me all of a sudden. Theres a red light just ahead so im thinking okay here we go. I put my car in 1st and wait for the light to turn. Turns green and i ease on the gas to see if hes even going to run me. He goes by me so i hammer it. Tires spin just a tad, hes a coupke cars in front because he got the hit. I shift into 2nd, then 3rd, slowly catching up to him. I look down at my speedo and im going 140mph just as i get next to him, i pull a car ahead so i let off at that point, going 150. Pulled into a parking lot to talk to him afterwards, he asks what ive got done and i tell him, nothing major just intake downpipe and exhaust work mostly. He only had a muffler swap done. He tells me "yea i saw you catching up and then i hit my governer at 135". Cool guy, great race. Those g35's are pretty decent
Old 04-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSelDiabloBlanco
Just dropped a buddy off home after grabbing taco bell last night and as im on my way home an infiniti g35 blows by me all of a sudden. Theres a red light just ahead so im thinking okay here we go. I put my car in 1st and wait for the light to turn. Turns green and i ease on the gas to see if hes even going to run me. He goes by me so i hammer it. Tires spin just a tad, hes a coupke cars in front because he got the hit. I shift into 2nd, then 3rd, slowly catching up to him. I look down at my speedo and im going 140mph just as i get next to him, i pull a car ahead so i let off at that point, going 150. Pulled into a parking lot to talk to him afterwards, he asks what ive got done and i tell him, nothing major just intake downpipe and exhaust work mostly. He only had a muffler swap done. He tells me "yea i saw you catching up and then i hit my governer at 135". Cool guy, great race. Those g35's are pretty decent
so you have a tune too?
Old 04-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you were driving what?
Old 04-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arctic
so you have a tune too?
Currently just have the tcm tuned
Old 04-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
you were driving what?
Ls4 Impala
Old 04-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Teching In

so you removed the limiter that kicks at 140?
Old 04-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

My speed limiter is at raised value. No tune on the engine though. Shoulda mentioned this in the first post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so you have a tune too?
Currently just have the tcm tuned
so you removed the limiter that kicks at 140?
My speed limiter is at raised value. No tune on the engine though. Shoulda mentioned this in the first post
Old 04-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by willizm
Nope.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nope.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your sig says tune. Either way... took up until 140 to catch a G35? He must have been moving on you then. Its hard to catch up with someone thats already moving if its got 10+mph on you already and it moves decently.

Good run.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Your sig says tune. Either way... took up until 140 to catch a G35? He must have been moving on you then. Its hard to catch up with someone thats already moving if its got 10+mph on you already and it moves decently.

Good run.
Yea well after he blew by me and we got caught at the red light, i didnt launch i just eased in to it not knowing if he was gonna run me(i never initiate the races). So once he launched and went past me, then i nailed it. So he definatley had at least 10+mph start on me. His pull was over once i got into the throttle, just stayed an equal distance behind him for a bit until i hit about 135. Then i got side by side and pulled him hard. I wish i launched on him, would have been a quicker end lol. My sig does say tune, but im currently on stock tune w/options. Which is just the raised speed limiter and tranny settings(shift points,pressures)

Quick Reply: Little encounter last night..