Originally Posted by OneSlowV
I could see one pulling but not by leaps and bounds from a roll lol
COME AT ME BRO

caps
Old 05-05-2014, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
the Camaro was designed for two things. to beat the current mustang at the time and sell well. it achieved both of those things. in fact it sold very well. most of the time better than the mustang. and if you remember in the 90's we were told by the blue oval camp that sales are the only thing that mattered.....
The 1Le does handle better than the 5.0. But its the only thing the camaro does better. Bolt on for bolt on the Ls3 is seeing the little ponys taillights untill it looses some weight.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new mustang is going to be as heavy or heavier, with a very moderate HP bump going through an HP robbing, harder to hook up IRS. it'll be as quick at best.
I haven't heard anywhere about it gaining weight. What I have heard is that they expect to lose at least 100lbs, maybe more. The regular GT is also rumored to have 450hp. I honestly don't see the new Camaro weighing any less than 3,600lbs, and it will have the same or less power as the Mustang. So it should still be a nice close race.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

COME AT ME BRO

caps
You are to damn far away lol. Find me a local one and we will have a friendly run
Old 05-05-2014, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I haven't heard anywhere about it gaining weight. What I have heard is that they expect to lose at least 100lbs, maybe more. The regular GT is also rumored to have 450hp. I honestly don't see the new Camaro weighing any less than 3,600lbs, and it will have the same or less power as the Mustang. So it should still be a nice close race.
a lot of the mustangs weight loss was because it was supposed to be smaller. but it's not.

Edmunds claimed a weight gain.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 PM
***Repost Police***

a lot of the mustangs weight loss was because it was supposed to be smaller. but it's not.

Edmunds claimed a weight gain.
I read that article. Edmund's estimated a weight gain, and there is a big difference in those two terms. Until I see something at least semi-concrete, I'll stick with what we have heard straight from the horse's mouth.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by audacious nick
I dunno if a 5.0 with headers and tune would even pull away from a stock c6
My bad - I am used to hearing all of them run 10s around here.
Originally Posted by bh353
The new lt1 with direct injection is a very good combo...
That it does.
that's going to be whats in the new 3500 pound 6th gen. going to be sweet.
Meh, we'll see how the price is.
Originally Posted by Puck
I'm die hard GM but the 5.0 is a better deal then the 5th gen Camaro as much as it KILLS me to say it.
Kind of the same way for me, although it doesn't kill me to say it - even as a GM guy. I try to look at most things with an open mind. If I were looking for a V8 RWD "newer" car besides a C6, it'd be a Coyote.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Teching In

gm has better engines, but couldn't make the SS as fast as a vette.
LS3 = 6.2L 420HP@5900RPM/408TQ@4600RPM
5.0 Coyote = 5.0L 412HP@6500RPM/390TQ@4250RPM

I'm sorry come again?
Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Iliac
LS3 = 6.2L 420HP@5900RPM/408TQ@4600RPM
5.0 Coyote = 5.0L 412HP@6500RPM/390TQ@4250RPM

I'm sorry come again?
Peak Horsepower is primarily used to sell cars to the less informed.

LS3 has more torque, more average power, more average torque, is easier to work on, parts are cheaper, larger aftermarket, and responds better to mods.

It's not even a competition. If the camaro wasnt a fat 4,000lb hog then it would **** on the 5.0 lmao.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

LS3 has more torque, more average power, more average torque, is easier to work on, parts are cheaper, larger aftermarket, and responds better to mods.

It's not even a competition. If the camaro wasnt a fat 4,000lb hog then it would **** on the 5.0 lmao.
yup. the ls3 is way more efficient.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
The stang did alright considering it probably has similar rwhp as the vette, but is around 400 lbs heavier
The newer Vettes are a lot heavier than they used to be. I doubt that Mustang had 400lbs on it.

Impressive for a stock car. I hope the New Mustang curb weight rumors is true.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

yup. the ls3 is way more efficient.
Must make my 392 more efficient than the ls3. I love shitting on the camaros with a 4300 lb car
Old 05-05-2014, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Must make my 392 more efficient than the ls3. I love shitting on the camaros with a 4300 lb car
the 392's are beautiful to too much monies!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

the 392's are beautiful to too much monies!!!
They are coming down in the used market. But you can get the base 392 challenger for 37k
Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
The newer Vettes are a lot heavier than they used to be. I doubt that Mustang had 400lbs on it.

Impressive for a stock car. I hope the New Mustang curb weight rumors is true.
Hell, the C7 and a base GT are the same weight right now. So I have no problem saying that the next Camaro will probably still be heavier than the Mustang.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Teching In

If my dad was a King I wouldn't have to listen to one sided hill billies talk about has-been cars. But here we are.

Run what you brung dude.

Ohhh so the HP/TQ numbers that Chevy post are real and not marketing.... but the Ford numbers are just made-up bullshit marketing? Oh I see bro. Its all made up, were all clueless and you are in on the truth. Please expose us.

Even if we assume what you are saying is correct. The margin is very little and the coyote has 1.2L less displacement per cylinder.

You remember when chevy nutswingers were losing their minds and refused to acknowledge that the 5.0 would make these power numbers? And then when they came true it was all about the 5.0 being maxed out? Nope and nope. Too bad.

If HP numbers are truely marketing, especially for Ford....then why did the 03 Cobra post up 390HP/390TQ as engine production numbers? If those numbers were true then "bolt-on" LS2 Camaros would have competed if not wiped the floor clean with that car. But it didnt happen.

Do you happen to have link(s) that support your claims of the following facts: Chevrolet Camaros have: A) A larger aftermarket B) Cheaper parts C)Responds better pound for pound better than the 5.0 Coyote?

Because I have plenty of links that say that in the very worst situation Mustang still competes neck and neck. And in more realistic conditions are better. I know with absolute certainty that the Ford Mustang has statistically the largest production aftermarket of any car period right now.

Last edited by Iliac; 05-05-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my dad was a King I wouldn't have to listen to one sided hill billies talk about has-been cars. But here we are.

Run what you brung dude.

Ohhh so the HP/TQ numbers that Chevy post are real and not marketing.... but the Ford numbers are just made-up bullshit marketing? Oh I see bro. Its all made up, were all clueless and you are in on the truth. Please expose us.

Even if we assume what you are saying is correct. The margin is very little and the coyote has 1.2L less displacement per cylinder.

You remember when chevy nutswingers were losing their minds and refused to acknowledge that the 5.0 would make these power numbers? And then when they came true it was all about the 5.0 being maxed out? Nope and nope. Too bad.

If HP numbers are truely marketing, especially for Ford....then why did the 03 Cobra post up 390HP/390TQ as engine production numbers? If those numbers were true then "bolt-on" LS2 Camaros would have competed if not wiped the floor clean with that car. But it didnt happen.

Do you happen to have link(s) that support your claims of the following facts: Chevrolet Camaros have: A) A larger aftermarket B) Cheaper parts C)Responds better pound for pound better than the 5.0 Coyote?

Because I have plenty of links that say that in the very worst situation Mustang still competes neck and neck. And in more realistic conditions are better. I know with absolute certainty that the Ford Mustang has statistically the largest production aftermarket of any car period right now.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Run what you brung dude.

Do you know wtf the difference between peak hp and average hp is? Do you know wtf a torque curve is?

Basically, what I'm saying is...do you even mod, bro?

::edit:: That was harsh, I'm sorry. I'll bold the important parts for ya, since reading comprehension sadly doesn't seem to be a focus in today's schools.

Wait, now that I did that I can see what I wrote was clear as day...still not seeing how you didn't understand it?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it was a good run. That C7 is a beast up top!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:02 AM
On The Tree

after googling ls3 vs 5.0! Just kinda funny. I see ls1 t\a's an camaros with 180k+ or more still running the new 5.0s an doing pretty dam good agent's them. The ls1 has proven its self over an over to b cheap an super reliabile.. wont except any less from a ls3.. Put 150k to 200k on ur 5.0, 4 cams, 2 timing chains, an 32 valves an all thoes dam moving parts on thoes heads an see what lets lose.. more parts, more price to replace an repair..
Attached Thumbnails Bolt-on A6 Coyote vs Stock A6 C7-2014-05-05-05-57-49.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bolt-on A6 Coyote vs Stock A6 C7