Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

KC2K14 - Turbo Integra Vs Some 600's

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Local here I recently ran into again, has a pretty fast Integra, he recently raced a GSXr1000 and ended up being what looked to me like a dead heat. Bike was stock but, who cares. Anything that runs with a 1000 is fast as ****.

Best wishes on the race....**** him up.
Didnt happen but Im sure I'll run into some faster bikes this summer.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Didnt happen but Im sure I'll run into some faster bikes this summer.
If your area is anything like our area, more bikes to pick on then cars for sure. I am sure you'll have a few chances.

Here's the local...

Few different angles , all kinda bad but,..you get the idea hoss.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Here's the local...
Damn...
but not all bikes run alike...I beat shitty bigger bikes on a smaller bike in another life...also got left by 750's...guess they're more homogenous now tho

Curious about that Integra after watching Stealth's run with the liter bike
Old 06-03-2014, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NW-99SS

Again, Lightning's car is going to beat a well-ridden 600 IMO, but a 40-140 run with a good rider would be closer than most think. After that though, bye-bye 600!

Puck, what are your thoughts on the new 1000RR SP? Definitely interested in one as my next bike for street and track use. Sorry to hi-jack your thread LT!
The new Fireblade? It looks like a sick track bike.

I don't do any track riding and there are virtually zero twisties around here, just drag strip, so for me I would choose the S1k or ZX10 if I was looking for a liter bike.

The SP looks like a damn good track bike though!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 200HP/Ltr
Damn...
but not all bikes run alike...I beat shitty bigger bikes on a smaller bike in another life...also got left by 750's...guess they're more homogenous now tho

Curious about that Integra after watching Stealth's run with the liter bike

Totally understand. Apparently it's a known good rider from what I hear. The driver of the car is credible...and the car was/is built by a local shop we supply which is a well known shop. I never asked dyno numbers but I don't think it's public anyways.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
The new Fireblade? It looks like a sick track bike.

I don't do any track riding and there are virtually zero twisties around here, just drag strip, so for me I would choose the S1k or ZX10 if I was looking for a liter bike.

The SP looks like a damn good track bike though!
I was thinking the same, smoother, broader powerband with the engine tweaks, a few extra track suspension parts and a slightly lighter overall weight. We have some curves around here and the mountains are never that far away. Track is about 3 hours which sucks, but I plan on taking my Grand Sport there, so the dream is to take both the bike and the car for weekend trips.

My riding style is all about enjoying the curves, so I feel the new Fireblade SP would be a great fit for me - well that and I am a CBR fan to begin with!

Straight line, I agree, the BMW or the Kawi are the quickest of the liter bikes. Then again, if I was going in a straight line, I would be looking for a Kawi like yours!

My apologies again Lightning, keep posting up vids of your car, my brother has his own mechanic business which specializes in Hondas and he appreciates seeing your car run!

Quick Reply: KC2K14 - Turbo Integra Vs Some 600's