Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 LS1 Irocs vs. Coyote and Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
How would a 3.42 do?
I am sure the same as a stock rear fourth gen. I have 4.10:1 in my ten bolt and think it is ten times better than my wifes car with 3.73:1 gears. The twelve bolt I picked up recently has 4.10:1 cogs and I can't wait to get it installed.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How would a 3.42 do?

It's my experience that the bigger the cam(makes more power in the upper rpm but less in the lower), the more important it is to keep the car in its powerband.

I have a medium cam and dropped .3 tenths by swapping in 3.73s on my 12 bolt. I've read that gears makes less of a difference on automatic cars so results might vary.

Btw, the red Cobra has 4.10 gears. Heatsoak or not he was down to run!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Smh it's a m112 not a 90.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
So much misinformation in this post it's sickning....first off cobras didn't come with a M90.... Real life results I picked up 7 mph from going to a pullied eaton to a ported eaton. A big blower like that is pretty expensive and usually out of most peoples range when you can find ported blowers cheap every where. Porting the blower causes more heat soak? You mean some how removing material makes it hold more heat? Wtf ?! Is the blower probably the worst possible one for the car ? Yes it is indeed, but plently or ported eaton cars with SRA that are well thought out going 10s
I was incorrect on the blower model. 03-04 Cobras did have M112s my apologies. Regardless what I said stands true true including the displacement of the blower.

Thermal energy is very simple to understand. Take a piece of metal and apply a constant heat source to it. Take a metal that is three times as big(mass) and apply the same exact heat source. See which one heats up faster.

Removing metal from your supercharger makes it more succeptable to heat soak.

If you can afford 2003 Cobra but cant afford a $5-7k supercharger kit after a little saving then there is something call priorities that you may need to consider.

The Eaton is absolutely not worth porting when it comes to dollars. Save that money and get supported mods or a SC kit that can really take advantage of the 4V.

Don't get mad. I'm only being honest. I love PD Modular Fords its my passion but i'm not a homer.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Iliac
I was incorrect on the blower model. 03-04 Cobras did have M112s my apologies. Regardless what I said stands true true including the displacement of the blower.

Thermal energy is very simple to understand. Take a piece of metal and apply a constant heat source to it. Take a metal that is three times as big(mass) and apply the same exact heat source. See which one heats up faster.

If you can afford 2003 Cobra but cant afford a $5-7k supercharger kit after a little saving then there is something call priorities that you may need to consider.

The Eaton is absolutely not worth porting when it comes to dollars. Save that money and get supported mods or a SC kit that can really take advantage of the 4V.

Don't get mad. I'm only being honest. I love PD Modular Fords its my passion but i'm not a homer.
I will back law head and say most guys say they see less heat soak with the more efficient ported blowers. But I do agree the eaton Is a shitty blower. I have a whipple 2.3 in my garage now. Getting new Clutch and supporting mods then ditching that Heaton.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 464 Likes on 363 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You wanna see something really shitty?? Stop forcing air threw that 4.6........lmao
Old 06-05-2014, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You wanna see something really shitty?? Stop forcing air threw that 4.6........lmao
Almost as shitty as a motor swapped race car going 11s?

Not sure what's shittier.....
Old 06-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Launching!

love the ls third gens... nice runs
Old 06-05-2014, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 170 Likes on 120 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

lolz. truth.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Teching In

I find it a lot funner and more appealing to be FI. Gives you some unique control over power output and drivability via tuning. Comes with awesome sounds and *IMO* a much sexier engine bay. Look at most LSx motors and youd mistake it for your daddies work truck. But dat polished Kenne Bell doe on the other hand......

Also makes for a lot more combinations to make power. Feels good to be able to scan an entire lot of hundreds of mustangs and still not see one quite like yours. Centri stangs/PD Stangs/Turbo stangs/Nitrous stangs and dozens of different types in between. Scan a lot of F-Bodys and youl think you're still at the first one by the time you're done. All the same. Heads, cams, or intake and some bolt ons. BORING. If you wanna harp on this subject - GM isnt exactly taking home the award for enigma between the two.

I do like reverse hoods and the engine dress up that some vettes come with though. Very cool aspect of those cars.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Engine may be boring looking, but a NA LS1 still walks a "better looking" engine Stang.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Teching In

^Hio - "I never start ****, all the ford guys start with me..."^
Old 06-05-2014, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Engine may be boring looking, but a NA LS1 still walks a "better looking" engine Stang.
This
Originally Posted by Gt4urass
So when is posting the truth starting ****??? oooohhh because butthurt

I'm not here to coddle you *******
Old 06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Teching In

You are a homer. First off the supercharger for cobra ranges from 3400 to 6000 and ported blower cars have gone 10's. You must know thy enemies
Old 06-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Damn right!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camarols7
You are a homer. First off the supercharger for cobra ranges from 3400 to 6000 and ported blower cars have gone 10's. You must know thy enemies
What the **** planet are you on?

I said 5k-7K. And then you literally proved my point by saying kits go into that range. And some kits do cost more than 6K just for your lack of knowledge.

I also stated that completely stock SC Cobras have gone 10s not long before you made this stupid post you royal **** tard. Let alone a ported Cobra.

How many light beers have you had tonight?
Old 06-06-2014, 04:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gt4urass

Bitches always play the victim
Old 06-06-2014, 07:27 AM
10 Second Club

This

So when is posting the truth starting ****??? oooohhh because butthurt

I'm not here to coddle you *******
Yet when it gets brought up that you're not as fast or as quick as my car you get upset

Truth isn't starting **** just remember that
Old 06-06-2014, 07:36 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

^^^lol...so childish

Actually it's not the truth. According to our last outings I'm faster.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

^^^lol...so childish

Actually it's not the truth. According to our last outings I'm faster.
And there you go folks

Case and point
Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Teching In

What the **** planet are you on?

I said 5k-7K. And then you literally proved my point by saying kits go into that range. And some kits do cost more than 6K just for your lack of knowledge.

I also stated that completely stock SC Cobras have gone 10s not long before you made this stupid post you royal **** tard. Let alone a ported Cobra.

How many light beers have you had tonight?
Lol u said the kits start at 5k jack *** they don't. They start off at 3400 and used they go for 2500 and there is no ******* stock cobra in the 10's their best time is in 10's bone stock. Keep talking because u don't know ****. Porting a blower is a good way to go If u don't want to spend the money for a aftermarket blower. Please post a stock cobra running 10's. I can't stand Lil bitchs like you that think they know **** cuz they hit the Google button and got their info from another dumb ****. Post video or shut the **** up

Last edited by Camarols7; 06-06-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: 2 LS1 Irocs vs. Coyote and Cobra