Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
It is or you can just make up your typical ls1 excuses. Bad driver/tired old beat car.
like this bolt on ls1 that beat you.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
like this bolt on ls1 that beat you.
Never lost to a slow *** bolt on ls1. But I hear with full bolt ons and sticky tires they can break a 12.90. But you wouldn't know because you've never been to the track. You just pretend to know what your talking about.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Never lost to a slow *** bolt on ls1. But I hear with full bolt ons and sticky tires they can break a 12.90. But you wouldn't know because you've never been to the track. You just pretend to know what your talking about.
sounds more like a guy with over 450 rwhp and can't get out of the 12's doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Teching In

sounds more like a guy with over 450 rwhp and can't get out of the 12's doesn't know what he's talking about.
Coming from a *** who has never BEEN in the twelves or to the track it doesn't mean much. Some day you'll grow some raisins and go to the track in your slow *** Fbody. Prepare for disappointment.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Coming from a *** who has never BEEN in the twelves or to the track it doesn't mean much. Some day you'll grow some raisins and go to the track in your slow *** Fbody. Prepare for disappointment.
Lol +1
Old 06-21-2014, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cobro seems upset..
Old 06-21-2014, 03:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cobro is always raging on here he takes it a tad too serious
Old 06-21-2014, 06:18 AM
TECH Resident

I, personally, have never had a Mach or even an 01 Cobra give me a good run in my stock 2000 SS. I do belee they are pretty close, with the F Body having a definite edge.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

This reminds me of the ls2 GTO vs the ls1 fbodys. The goat always had the edge but the ls1 guys would always say they had it every time.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Lol
So because someone lives 5hrs from a track it makes them a ***?......lol.....well hammer he has you there with his strong logic
Old 06-21-2014, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You're such a typical ls1 tech SRK ******. Gay *** name, nothing in sig, no details on the car you don't have. But come on here to talk ****,
ahahah pot calling kettle black much?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Replace "full bolt ons and sticky tires" with bone stock and a dirty air filter and you are spot on.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lol

So because someone lives 5hrs from a track it makes them a ***?......lol.....well hammer he has you there with his strong logic
Oh I'm sorry 5 hours is an insurmountable obstacle. What was I thinking.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:00 AM
10 Second Club

my wife thinks i'm not a ***.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:01 AM
10 Second Club

Oh I'm sorry 5 hours is an insurmountable obstacle. What was I thinking.
it is when you have 3 kids and you only get time off work in summer because it's raining.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
This reminds me of the ls2 GTO vs the ls1 fbodys. The goat always had the edge but the ls1 guys would always say they had it every time.
**** no man an ls2 GOAT would drag me up top stock.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Notch's car made 360lbft of tq.....w/o headers. You're pretty far away I think.

So you want more mods and weight reduction to pull off the W.....gotcha

What's your car run these days?
Notch's car seems to make more power and run harder than any LS1 I have come across and on LS1Tech. Seems like that car is not the norm for most bolt-on LS1. I am assuming this is because you worked on it. LOL (busting your *****).

Regardless, what is wrong with taking advantage of working with an already light vehicle. I, like you, take any advantage I can get and if this means getting the weight down by changing to lighter alloy wheels, replacing exhaust, removing content from the trunk, replacing factory suspension with lighter and stronger pieces, I do not see anything wrong with that. I rely on my combination of low weight, gear ratio and transmission gearing to run with cars that make more power than I do. I work with what I have. As a matter of fact, I like being the underdog and stating that I make small power. It just make the rush all the more worth it if I do pull off the win.

As for 1/4 times, I just got the car back Wed and will be getting to the track soon. The heat and humidity have been pretty bad here lately. Hopefully, it will cool off a bit.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Notch's car seems to make more power and run harder than any LS1 I have come across and on LS1Tech. Seems like that car is not the norm for most bolt-on LS1. I am assuming this is because you worked on it. LOL (busting your *****).

Regardless, what is wrong with taking advantage of working with an already light vehicle. I, like you, take any advantage I can get and if this means getting the weight down by changing to lighter alloy wheels, replacing exhaust, removing content from the trunk, replacing factory suspension with lighter and stronger pieces, I do not see anything wrong with that. I rely on my combination of low weight, gear ratio and transmission gearing to run with cars that make more power than I do. I work with what I have. As a matter of fact, I like being the underdog and stating that I make small power. It just make the rush all the more worth it if I do pull off the win.

As for 1/4 times, I just got the car back Wed and will be getting to the track soon. The heat and humidity have been pretty bad here lately. Hopefully, it will cool off a bit.

the problem is "bolt on" is such a loose term. an ls1 with a CAI and a handheld tuner is a bolt on car. notch's car was also a bolt on car except they did mods that actually count. hio has been around the block a time or two with these cars so he knew exactly where to start. makes a big difference.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Teching In

the problem is "bolt on" is such a loose term. an ls1 with a CAI and a handheld tuner is a bolt on car. notch's car was also a bolt on car except they did mods that actually count. hio has been around the block a time or two with these cars so he knew exactly where to start. makes a big difference.
It used to be that the term "cam only" was sketchy. It seems that now the term "bolt-ones" has also been added to this list of questionable terminology. LOL.
Since there is no real definition of the word "bolt-on", what Hio and Notch did to get the power and 1/4 mile times they did, maybe were not considered bolt-ones in the traditional sense. Something to consider.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
It used to be that the term "cam only" was sketchy. It seems that now the term "bolt-ones" has also been added to this list of questionable terminology. LOL.
Since there is no real definition of the word "bolt-on", what Hio and Notch did to get the power and 1/4 mile times they did, maybe were not considered bolt-ones in the traditional sense. Something to consider.
I know what was done to the car and it is a bolt on car in the traditional sense but some mods were not things that people would generally start with, but they were mods that made a difference.

I think it was even running on the stock tune.

Quick Reply: WS6 vs Mach 1