Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo V6 Mustang vs Supercharged C7

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Pretty sure I had seen a mid to low 10 pass had been made. If not, my bad.
Fastest V6 Turbo is a yellow car that went 10.7@130. Maybe the silver one in the vid has been 10s, but it definitely didnt go 10s on that pass
Old 06-24-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stangkilr posted that he went 11.8s on street tires, so that tells part of the story ET wise how the Mustang is doing.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11.8s on that specific run?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

11.8s out of a supercharged c7?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

It's harder to put power down on regular street tires. If you can run 11's on regular street tires, I tip my hat to you.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:05 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Doing near stock ET with a blower.
Suspension and tires are a blessing.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The reason it's funny is because if the roles were reversed, it would be a whole bunch of "Blown Mustang can't even outrun a(n) (insert GM 6 banger)!!!"

Where's the Hio crew in this thread?? I'm ready for the "if but but if when then the if but aliens" list!

C7 (which I read on here is Jesus Christ's embodiment in a vehicle) with a power adder loses to a little 6 banger Mustang with a turbo? 2 more cylinders, different class (2 seat supArcarrrrr! compared to four seater base model V6), power adder, GM flagship car, what gives???? Running on 3 cylinders? It's alright that it underperforms, they sure do look nice (from the front and sides).

See how that ignorant **** can go both ways?
Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
The reason it's funny is because if the roles were reversed, it would be a whole bunch of "Blown Mustang can't even outrun a(n) (insert GM 6 banger)!!!"

Where's the Hio crew in this thread?? I'm ready for the "if but but if when then the if but aliens" list!

C7 (which I read on here is Jesus Christ's embodiment in a vehicle) with a power adder loses to a little 6 banger Mustang with a turbo? 2 more cylinders, different class (2 seat supArcarrrrr! compared to four seater base model V6), power adder, GM flagship car, what gives???? Running on 3 cylinders? It's alright that it underperforms, they sure do look nice (from the front and sides).

Yep i'm shocked they haven't came in yet.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:22 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

That's not a zr1. Don't know how you got flagship from a $53,000 car.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
11.8s out of a supercharged c7?
you didn't know that? thought it was common knowledge that you slap a turbo on a v6 mustang it's closing in on the sound barrier..

i love the street racing video of the same car. wow does that look fast.....

i'm sure that mustang ran more than once that day at the track. like so many other "legends and myths" where's another run video? where's the et/mph? exactly... you know why? because it's NOT impressive in any way that's why.. that run is a low 12 second run at best and probably the only run where he "won" against some underperforming excuse of a c7.

watch how this magical v6 turbo mustang fades into non existence after this thread lol

PS why the hell has this board turned into a hybrid chevy/ford posting place... are your sites "no good" or as lame as those POS mustangs? (sans the car evan built and yes i'm including the cheating *** f150 in that assessment of POS)

chevy technology and engineering has almost always dominate ford.. but ford enthusiasts? look at the bright side, your engineers are all over it... they even circled the problem.

Last edited by TonyGXP; 06-28-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Is this your first time being on the internet?
You join a GM forum and don't expect there to be an bias at all?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
you didn't know that? thought it was common knowledge that you slap a turbo on a v6 mustang it's closing in on the sound barrier..

i'm sure that mustang ran more than once that day at the track. like so many other "legends and myths" where's another run video? where's the et/mph? exactly... you know why? because it's NOT impressive in any way that's why.. that run is a low 12 second run at best and probably the only run where he "won" against some underperforming excuse of a c7.

watch how this magical v6 turbo mustang fades into non existence after this thread lol

PS why the hell has this board turned into a hybrid chevy/ford posting place... are your sites "no good" or as lame as those POS mustangs? (sans the car evan built and yes i'm including the cheating *** f150 in that assessment of POS)

chevy technology and engineering has almost always dominate ford.. but ford enthusiasts? look at the bright side, your engineers are all over it... they even circled the problem.

Ford guys are here just keeping it real, Brah.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Is that how you really feel? Lmao

You're one butthurt little bitch thats for sure, which Ford drug your *** recently for your *** to be so chapped?
Old 06-28-2014, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

ok fellas. a high compression c7 DI is hardly going to be able to boost to the moon.

so its all about the turbo, not the engine its pushing. there is little difference between a 3.7 forged ford and a 3.8 GTR. heads flow awesome on both, strength is there on both.

a well built v6 can make plenty. scat sells 4 liter forged kits for the 3.7.

this was a SPIINING blown stock car vs a optimized turbo. IMO ok I read the last posts lol.

CFM is running mid 10's with their stock engine 3.7 single turbo at 130 mph.

BTW snake95.......a c7 stock beat most cars in the world in straight line and even more at the RING.

best performing base model vette ever.

Last edited by assasinator; 06-28-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Black Mare
Is that how you really feel? Lmao You're one butthurt little bitch thats for sure, which Ford drug your *** recently for your *** to be so chapped?
Lmao the level of mad in his post can't be measured. Someone's a little embarrassed that the bowtie got drug down the track
Old 06-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Launching!

there is a ton of chevy guys on svtp as well, most are car guys and don't give a flip about the brand...I agree on the above you must have sand in your vag..
Old 06-28-2014, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hugger1975
I'm more butt hurt that people keep saying butt hurt.
I hate that phrase.

Fast stang. Slow Vette.
Whats the problem?

It happens. I saw an 11 second miata yesterday.

Lol quote for truth nobody really gets butt hurt except the Ford boys swinging in "OOHHH ALL DEM CHEBBY BOYS IS BUTT HURT I CAN SEE IT NAO"

I think it would cause legitimate hurt feelings if the V6 wasn't boosted buuuutttt boost is the great equalizer so *who cares*.

Cool race
Old 06-28-2014, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Obvious troll is obvious.

Ever notice how you're one of the first to come flying in and post "where's the Chevy crew?" and try to talk **** about them, and when they respond your only response is "butthurt! LOLZ".

Old 06-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by why87
Obvious troll is obvious. Ever notice how you're one of the first to come flying in and post "where's the Chevy crew?" and try to talk **** about them, and when they respond your only response is "butthurt! LOLZ".
My response obviously hit a soft spot I'm talking to all the guys who refuse to give credit without their bullshit stipulations or excuses.

It's just funny how certain members, who usually put their 2 cents in everywhere, are suddenly ghosts in threads where a big bad GM whatever gets rolled.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

My response obviously hit a soft spot I'm talking to all the guys who refuse to give credit without their bullshit stipulations or excuses.

It's just funny how certain members, who usually put their 2 cents in everywhere, are suddenly ghosts in threads where a big bad GM whatever gets rolled.
Who gives a ****, that says more about you seeing that you are that worried about them not posting in every thread.

But to stay on topic, cool vid again.

Quick Reply: Turbo V6 Mustang vs Supercharged C7