Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5 ZO6 vs Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
nice run! your car sounds absolutely awesome!!

off topic, but how does a GT and a C6Z compare stock to stock? anyone know?
About a dead heat with the edge goin to the c6z
Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5
All the GT did was exhaust, pulley swap and tune and I had a hell of a time trying to keep up with my extremely modified LS motor. The GT motor with the blower is a beast. Light mods and they run hard.
This website(especially Hio and big ******) hate reality and general level headed ness. In their minds a 325hp LS would make the car faster than a 550hp 5.4.

I On the other hand think ur vette is sick as wellas the GT. I want to see a 3.4 whipple on it!!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
This website(especially Hio and big ******) hate reality and general level headed ness. In their minds a 325hp LS would make the car faster than a 550hp 5.4.
that sounds more like ur mentality....2003Bozo....see I can make up lame nicknames 4 u 2
Old 07-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MysticA4Z28
that sounds more like ur mentality....2003Bozo....see I can make up lame nicknames 4 u 2
Dude..what happened to all the "Bro..." jokes you used to use. That was some funny **** back in the day! Throw a couple out there for us....
Old 07-02-2014, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
yet you feel compelled to belittle me. the only logical reason for that would be because you see me as a form of superiority. perplexing.
lolz. I do it because it amuses me. you are an idiot. you might be superior you might not, but you are still an idiot.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 PM

I visit this site form time to time as I like all american Cars for the most part and respect any fast cars... But i have got to say your flat our crazy if you think a FGT would run better with an ls Swap.... how many stock longblock ls1 have made over 1600 hp?? im sure none .. Now this does not make the ls1 a bad motor i just think its crazy to think its on the same level....And as far as not being impressed with the FGT look at standing mile records most are held by FGT and im not sure currently but i know for the last couple years atleast a FGT was holding the record.. Give credit where credit is due i respect the ls cars very much to many with blind folders on...
Old 07-03-2014, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
lolz. I do it because it amuses me. you are an idiot. you might be superior you might not, but you are still an idiot.
an idiot at what? we all have our talents.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kills and nice ride,car sounds damn good.
your shifting could use some work, at least thats how it sounded from the kill cam pov.
regardless Good kills!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
good kills and nice ride,car sounds damn good.
your shifting could use some work, at least thats how it sounded from the kill cam pov.
regardless Good kills!
Thanks!

Slow shifting? That's intentional. I like to keep the stock rear diff (easy launch) and trans (slow shifting) in one piece. Especially with a 3hr drive home. Car runs well enough to not feel like I need to try and be a hero out there every pass. It runs what it runs, no need to break it to try and prove something.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Teching In

All the GT did was exhaust, pulley swap and tune and I had a hell of a time trying to keep up with my extremely modified LS motor. The GT motor with the blower is a beast. Light mods and they run hard.
Don't be logical if you're going to hang around here. You must be biased, unreasonable and quick to get butthurt.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!

Slow shifting? That's intentional. I like to keep the stock rear diff (easy launch) and trans (slow shifting) in one piece. Especially with a 3hr drive home. Car runs well enough to not feel like I need to try and be a hero out there every pass. It runs what it runs, no need to break it to try and prove something.
So you bought a C5 Z06 to granny shift? Don't be the stereotypical Vette owner

More power to you if you can slaughter people in granny shift mode.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:40 AM
H8R
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 90notch5.0
I visit this site form time to time as I like all american Cars for the most part and respect any fast cars... But i have got to say your flat our crazy if you think a FGT would run better with an ls Swap.... how many stock longblock ls1 have made over 1600 hp?? im sure none .. Now this does not make the ls1 a bad motor i just think its crazy to think its on the same level....And as far as not being impressed with the FGT look at standing mile records most are held by FGT and im not sure currently but i know for the last couple years atleast a FGT was holding the record.. Give credit where credit is due i respect the ls cars very much to many with blind folders on...
That's ***** a turd.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
So you bought a C5 Z06 to granny shift? Don't be the stereotypical Vette owner

More power to you if you can slaughter people in granny shift mode.
Very few people can shift as well as Evan (just the example I picked because the guy can drive) and they usually end up breaking ****. Can't blame him for taking it easy knowing he is making more power than the stock **** can handle. Seems.... Smart?
Old 07-06-2014, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by H8R
That's ***** a turd.
very logical argument butt hurt over the fact that the ford gt is one of the most bad *** cars on the market to modify and is just as capable as any corvette yet almost 10 years older its ok i would be 2.... Love how so many let the nut swinging blind them into not realizing there is other bad *** car out there other then gm products....
Old 07-06-2014, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

very logical argument butt hurt over the fact that the ford gt is one of the most bad *** cars on the market to modify and is just as capable as any corvette yet almost 10 years older its ok i would be 2.... Love how so many let the nut swinging blind them into not realizing there is other bad *** car out there other then gm products....
Now I am not denying The Ford GT is a beast. But you are saying that if I bought a C6 Z06 61,900 Then put the left over money I had from not buying a Ford GT you know 260 grand. Cus everyone has that money to throw out into the Z06 hell even half. I couldn't best a GT? Now keep in mind I took the most expensive 2008 zo6 on Autotrader.ca and the cheapest FORD GT I mean sure the ford GT moves out and if I was a millionaire maybe you know I would buy one But I can boost a ls7 vette for less than half the price and buy myself a dam house. I would still buy the vette if I had the money haha.

and edit I would buy a zo6 and a Gt500 if I had that kind of money and swap the engines to **** with everyone on every Ford and Chevy forum on the internet.

Last edited by Sickness7; 07-06-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:47 PM
H8R
Staging Lane

I don't give a **** what someone else's cars runs... If anyone is nuttswinging... It's the pussies who live through OTHERS cars.. Mod motors aren't anything special, that's the fact. Gutless ******* turds that need boost or 76valves to make a tire screech on cement. Its the god damn truth. The GT is a cool car, I like them. ANYTHING can run good with boost , that's just the fact.. 4.8l shitbox truck motors are making over 1K at the wheels. Think about that for a minute, then tell me how special a 5.4l mod motor is... If it doesn't hit you like a battle axe between your eyes, that they aren't special, you've got a fucked up brain.

How many mod motors do you see in GM cars? Now reverse that **** and see how many Ferds have a GM engine under the hood.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:02 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by H8R
I don't give a **** what someone else's cars runs... If anyone is nuttswinging... It's the pussies who live through OTHERS cars.. Mod motors aren't anything special, that's the fact. Gutless ******* turds that need boost or 76valves to make a tire screech on cement. Its the god damn truth. The GT is a cool car, I like them. ANYTHING can run good with boost , that's just the fact.. 4.8l shitbox truck motors are making over 1K at the wheels. Think about that for a minute, then tell me how special a 5.4l mod motor is... If it doesn't hit you like a battle axe between your eyes, that they aren't special, you've got a fucked up brain.

How many mod motors do you see in GM cars? Now reverse that **** and see how many Ferds have a GM engine under the hood.
Did Doug make another screen name?
Old 07-06-2014, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by H8R

Most people don't want to go backwards when they choose a chassis so they don't put them in a GM car......Hence why you see a lot of LSx swapped Fox bodies the chassis is a proven platform.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Most people don't want to go backwards when they choose a chassis so they don't put them in a GM car......Hence why you see a lot of LSx swapped Fox bodies the chassis is a proven platform.
Quit kidding yourself.
You know that people rarely bother putting mod motors in anything because the overweight, overpriced boat anchors wont fit. They are the size of a damn big block engine...
Old 07-06-2014, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Law, you know that's not the only reason. The court of public opinion picks GM motors hands down over ford motors. Look at hots rods across the country. Looks at drag strips across the country. It's a much higher percentage of GM v Ford motors everywhere. Small block v small block, or LS v Mod. LS packaging is better out of the box, LS power is better out of the create, LS ECU compatibility is better, and finally and most importantly, LS parts availability is better with a much larger aftermarket.

Quick Reply: C5 ZO6 vs Ford GT