Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

trans am vs 96 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
That bugs the **** out of why87
I dunno. the close ratio muncies are meant for 4.10 gears, which the car used to have. but I couldn't even do 60 mph down the highway because it was revving so high. so I put 3.23's in. cruises awesome now but 1st gear sucks poop.

the car is supposed to have a super t10 anyway, which has WAY better gearing options and is stonger. i'm likely going to swap back to that so it will stick with the theme of the car better, plus optimize the gearing for both racing and cruising. win-win.

as for the HP, Dave Bisschop spec'd the cam for me, and he figured 425 crank hp with a good intake, but i'm running a performer which chokes it a bit, but I retained the spread bore for the q-jet and shaker. wanted the stock look. I figure 410 hp for fun numbers.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine definitely makes more than enough power to put a pounding on an NA Cobra. That was my point at least. Obviously the car still lost. Some folks love to underestimate the old poncho mills though.

I don't even pay attention to what snake says anymore hahaha.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by why87
The engine definitely makes more than enough power to put a pounding on an NA Cobra. That was my point at least. Obviously the car still lost. Some folks love to underestimate the old poncho mills though.

lol I lost by a half car with a blown trans. not the end of the world.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The engine definitely makes more than enough power to put a pounding on an NA Cobra. That was my point at least. Obviously the car still lost. Some folks love to underestimate the old poncho mills though. I don't even pay attention to what snake says anymore hahaha.
Good, because clueless excuse makers like you are a dime a dozen. If I don't read your ****, it's guaranteed to be a paraphrased version of something another blind nuthugger said on the same page. So yeah, your posts aren't really special
Old 07-07-2014, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, just let that butthurt flow.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
lol I lost by a half car with a blown trans. not the end of the world.
Also it was a hot day, and you had a big lunch, your period had just started, you got a cramp, etc etc.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno. the close ratio muncies are meant for 4.10 gears, which the car used to have. but I couldn't even do 60 mph down the highway because it was revving so high. so I put 3.23's in. cruises awesome now but 1st gear sucks poop.

the car is supposed to have a super t10 anyway, which has WAY better gearing options and is stonger. i'm likely going to swap back to that so it will stick with the theme of the car better, plus optimize the gearing for both racing and cruising. win-win.

as for the HP, Dave Bisschop spec'd the cam for me, and he figured 425 crank hp with a good intake, but i'm running a performer which chokes it a bit, but I retained the spread bore for the q-jet and shaker. wanted the stock look. I figure 410 hp for fun numbers.
I was assuming mid-high 300s and 450 or so lb/ft at the tire. It pulls like hell with those tall gears doe!
Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Well, I'd like to see more of this car. Have any plans on getting the trans fixed soon? If so, a rematch with the N/A Cobro (or any other car) would be nice to see.

BTW...my hat is off to you for posting this vid.
I am sure this was not easy for you showing a run with a Furd and coming in just a little behind.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
I was assuming mid-high 300s and 450 or so lb/ft at the tire. It pulls like hell with those tall gears doe!
i'm thinking around 350 to the tire ish. really runs nice which is all I wanted.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Well, I'd like to see more of this car. Have any plans on getting the trans fixed soon? If so, a rematch with the N/A Cobro (or any other car) would be nice to see.

BTW...my hat is off to you for posting this vid.
I am sure this was not easy for you showing a run with a Furd and coming in just a little behind.

i'm not sure. I like doing my own work but I won't have time to fix it until winter they're will definitely be a rematch though!

I don't care that I lost--- he's a friend of mine. it would be a lot worse if my other car lost to a stock 5.0! now that would suck.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Is it me or do the furd guys seem butt hurt even with the W?

Might as well lump guitar in with those guys. He's to stupid to get a cammed ls1 outta the 12's and they think that's normal.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Still scratching and clawing to find a way to claim a GM win here, huh little Dougie?
Old 07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Originally Posted by snake95
Still scratching and clawing to find a way to claim a GM win here, huh little Dougie?
Comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
Old 07-07-2014, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
Lolzz
Old 07-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Lolzz
I'm assuming you accidentally typed two Z's because Hio was butt ******* you with extreme prejudice.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
I'm assuming you accidentally typed two Z's because Hio was butt ******* you with extreme prejudice.
5 character limit but nice try gai boi!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Might as well lump guitar in with those guys. He's to stupid to get a cammed ls1 outta the 12's and they think that's normal.
Come on, man. Admit it. You have a little Furd in you too. If I recall, you have a Termi-swapped Fox, don't you?

You realize that you could like both manufacturers. You do not have to pick between the two since they are both American companies anyway. No one will fault you for that.

Take me for instance, I like GM just as much as Ford. If anything, I actually have more of a sweet spot for Mopars.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not sure. I like doing my own work but I won't have time to fix it until winter they're will definitely be a rematch though!

I don't care that I lost--- he's a friend of mine. it would be a lot worse if my other car lost to a stock 5.0! now that would suck.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Come on, man. Admit it. You have a little Furd in you too. If I recall, you have a Termi-swapped Fox, don't you?

You realize that you could like both manufacturers. You do not have to pick between the two since they are both American companies anyway. No one will fault you for that.

Take me for instance, I like GM just as much as Ford. If anything, I actually have more of a sweet spot for Mopars.

hio has given props to the new 5.0
Old 07-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Teching In

hio has given props to the new 5.0
He has, no doubt!
However, Hio is a complex individual. One moment he is praising the 5.0 or something from Ford and then in his very next post, it seems like his hate is so intense towards Fords, you could not even imagine him owning one.

Quick Reply: trans am vs 96 cobra