I'm jellyfish of those with time to fix things like bent axles

This weekend, I hope...
Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
I'm jellyfish of those with time to fix things like bent axles

This weekend, I hope...
just do it and then run that **** meat sandwich.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
just do it and then run that **** meat sandwich.
I'm trying to get it in this weekend, have studs and 2 spare axles in the garage. Getting new differential cover bolts, too, since I twisted a head off of one of the stock ones when I changed the fluid a few months ago.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

I'm trying to get it in this weekend, have studs and 2 spare axles in the garage. Getting new differential cover bolts, too, since I twisted a head off of one of the stock ones when I changed the fluid a few months ago.
is the bolt still in there?
Old 07-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, but it snapped off clean at the head, so there's 1/4-1/2" of the bolt's shaft still protruding from the carrier itself. When I pull the cover off, it "should" turn right out.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and my brother personally witnessed two brand new straight off the dealer lot 2002 SS verts running 12.9's back to back back in 2002. My brother was shocked and even looked the cars over (along with a bunch of mustang and fellow LS1 fbody guys) to verify it was stock. My brothers bone stock 2000 M6 firebird ran 13.4's on crappy all season tires with 2.76? or 3.08? gears at same time the vert SS's were running 12.9's on there summer tires. Temps were in the 80's and track was Seattle International Raceways (now Pacific Raceways), a slow track according to everyone who knows it.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, but it snapped off clean at the head, so there's 1/4-1/2" of the bolt's shaft still protruding from the carrier itself. When I pull the cover off, it "should" turn right out.
best way is to weld a nut on it.. if you have access to one.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

If it doesn't just turn out with vice grips, that's what I'll do.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
And everything you claim about F bodies is AT LEAST .5 off of reality. Seems fair.
Not at all off in reality. Very much right on par actually.
Originally Posted by Guitar
And Cobros with a simple blower swap can hit 10s yet you can't in a hacked up tin can you been working on for 15 years.

umadbro?
Go buy one dude.......put your money where your mouth is instead of 3 cheese burgers.
Originally Posted by Iliac
My point is the anything cobra from 2003 up beats errything camaro except for 2 turnkey 60K cars in 2012.......so if the cobro is a "let down" what are camaros?
For starters I don't even really consider a 03 04 cobro to be direct competitors with the fcar. The base price was separated by $13,000. That alone puts them in different categories imo. Besides that it was made after the fcars stopped being made. I also never seen where they were very dominant. .......still don't after owning a termi swapped notch.
Cool, so stock f-bodies were 13.6-14.6 cars per the link I posted several months ago.
They were as quick as 13.3 in tests. I consider that a very doable time. The great part is there is a very large amount that has been faster. Unlike the furd **** that most have problems even equalling the mag times.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
This right here might make Doug change his mind. Even he doesn't want to be associated with anything you say.
Not.....I would much rather agree with him than you.
You're missing the point.

I'm smarter than that...I know what they run and it sure as hell isn't 14.6 like the link I posted mentioned. My point is HiO uses mag times like gospel, and I debunked the validity of mag times as the Bible for track times by showing an article that tested out f-bodies and running horse **** times with them.

Knowing he's such an f-body ball gargler, I knew he would have to choose between admitting the fact that mag times are not the best indicator, and defending the f-body; naturally he ignores the link I posted because it smashes the credibility of his theory of mag testing.

I don't think mag times are all bogus, they're accurate a little over half the time if you ask me, but I will say the 14.6 in an f-body is 10x more common than the 12 second run.
I don't use them as gospel. I use the as the best indicator to what they are capable of in stock form in similar conditions.
And the 12.89 run by Evan Smith was with TONS of practice. Now I personally watched an LS1 T/A run a 12.99 @ 110mph with just a whisper lid and SFCs with a 2.15 60', but that was also run when it was ~45 degrees outside and ~-800DA.
You also stated evan smith ran over 100 passes to get there. I'm calling bullshit. A stock fcar clutch won't last 100 passes hardly and if it does it is for sure out of its prime.
Originally Posted by islander033
Me too. My negative DA is still over 1500ft. lol
The apparatus on top your engine makes its own negative da.......jus sayin
Old 07-30-2014, 05:08 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

The apparatus on top your engine makes its own negative da.......jus sayin
So blowers aren't affected by DA? Or do you think that it's the same as a turbo?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MysticA4Z28

hey Einstein it doesnt matter how experienced the owners are or where they were ran at...ur still comparing random times from random days/tracks/DA's/drivers to times from the same driver on the same day...do u hit ur head a lot?
DA and weather, temperature can change through out the day man. Only real test is to have the same person driving 2 different cars at the same time but bc that is impossible people use magazine as a base line and its hero run times by more experienced drives as its limitations. In other words you should be wanting to drive faster than the magazine's drivers did and try to be as close as possible or set a new record.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:26 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
DA and weather, temperature can change through out the day man. Only real test is to have the same person driving 2 different cars at the same time but bc that is impossible people use magazine as a base line and its hero run times by more experienced drives as its limitations. In other words you should be wanting to drive faster than the magazine's drivers did and try to be as close as possible or set a new record.
Most mags correct for DA to try and even the playing field.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MysticA4Z28
I love how this snake character is always being condescending towards everyone and tries 2 be funny....when in reality he does not know jack ****..and is about as funny as a little girl getting hit by a car
I truly enjoy you being here, but if you think, for even one shred of a second that anything spewing from your smelly gape is to be taken seriously, seek help. The fact that Hio agrees with you on occasion just shows how desperate he is to prove his incorrect points...you just happen to be the closest straw to grasp.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

So blowers aren't affected by DA? Or do you think that it's the same as a turbo?
Turbos and blowers were originally designed to enhance performance of aircraft at altitude.

SOooo... While all I/C engines suffer at lower density altitude, forced induction was designed as the cure for that effect.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:41 PM
***Repost Police***

Most mags correct for DA to try and even the playing field.
True story again.
Originally Posted by OVA1
Turbos and blowers were originally designed to enhance performance of aircraft at altitude.

SOooo... While all I/C engines suffer at lower density altitude, forced induction was designed as the cure for that effect.
Crutch*. Especially for a blower. A turbo operating with a wastegate will boost until it hits a certain psi, a blower will only spin as fast as engine rpm/pulley size allow it to. So the further away from sea level it gets, the less boost is being crammed into the engine.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

True story again.

Crutch*. Especially for a blower. A turbo operating with a wastegate will boost until it hits a certain psi, a blower will only spin as fast as engine rpm/pulley size allow it to. So the further away from sea level it gets, the less boost is being crammed into the engine.
The farther from sea-level, the lower the density of the air, thus less air available to be sucked OR pushed into the engine. Forced induction shoves more air into the engine, without regard to where that engine is, relevant to sea-level.

There seems to be an attempt here, to debate something that is otherwise irrefutable. What would be the purpose of such a debate?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Because they want to use the same correction factor equation as a n/a car should. They think their fi engine is affected the same way.....it's not.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

supercharged cars barely suffer from bad DA like Ova1 is saying. That's a irrefutable fact and if you are arguing it then you don't know what the hell you are talking about. He never said it doesn't make any difference, just that it is minor.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:09 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by OVA1
The farther from sea-level, the lower the density of the air, thus less air available to be sucked OR pushed into the engine. Forced induction shoves more air into the engine, without regard to where that engine is, relevant to sea-level.

There seems to be an attempt here, to debate something that is otherwise irrefutable. What would be the purpose of such a debate?
Who's debating? Think of it more as an augmentation.
Because they want to use the same correction factor equation as a n/a car should. They think their fi engine is affected the same way.....it's not.
I don't think anybody here thinks that, actually.
Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
supercharged cars barely suffer from bad DA like Ova1 is saying. That's a irrefutable fact and if you are arguing it then you don't know what the hell you are talking about. He never said it doesn't make any difference, just that it is minor.
Again, don't see anybody arguing. But as I said, it is not a "cure" for altitude. It doesn't make it all better, it just helps to offset the damage done by high altitude/DA. You guys need to stop looking for fights where there are none
Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

while boosted cars do suffer some, it's maybe half of the correction as an n\a application.

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php

Quick Reply: 09 GT500 vs C5 Z06