Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*Cam only 5th Gen Camaro vs Corvette c6 (LS2-stock)** VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use that bc its a one stop shop on 0 to 60 times and 1/4 mile times. So if you don't like it oh well.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:55 PM
***Repost Police***

Didn't someone run a 12.5x in a regular SS? I wouldn't be pumping up a magazine that ran a 12.5 in a 1LE.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
See the sig of the guy above you.

124mph trap with a cam only L99. Last time I checked stock LS2 C6's trap 114-115mph. 9mph is a big difference. That just shows you what a good setup is and what a shitty setup is like the one in this video. I don't get the point of camming a car if it's going to be a baby cam, and run like crap. When I see cam only in a LS car I usually expect it to run well and have a decent gain in performance. That 5th gen ran like a bolt-on car!

Lol.
Stock 5th gens trap 108-110 mph in the real world. With a small cam and being 700lbs heavier trapping 114 sounds right... this race is totally believable. You expect too much from 5th gens Rob, lol.

Dont use some random members sig as a benchmark for all 5th gens either, with so many unknown variables, like gearing, weight, tires/wheels, ***HEADERS***(SS sounded quiet in the tunnel) etc.

NOT ALL CAMS ARE CREATED EQUAL!!! lol
And not everyone wants a peaky donkey dik cam in their daily driver, i'm one of em.

I stand corrected, too many unknowns to trash the SS. If it got raped I would question it. But it was pretty much hanging with the vette a car length back.

oh and lol

Last edited by jthunderz28; 08-07-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Clearly you took weight out, them 5th gens with stock weight and an average weight of a man is 4k lbs hell they run 13s stock and that vette runs mid 12s stock yet you think this 5th gen is set up poorly? Lol right. Hell a buddy of mine had a stock ls3 Camaro i beat it with bolt ons in my 4th gen. Before i did other upgrades to my car. I beat it by at least a car length. The fact is the 5th gen is let down by GM way to heavy of a car.

Btw my car is messed up now so have fun making fun of my car because idc once its fixed then ill race it again to see what its really capable of.
I took exactly 90-100lbs out cause it was 378xlbs on the scale stock with some more gas in the tank.
Mine trapped 110.8 with CAI only, that with a crappy 2.2 0-60ft.
Im serious this 5th gen has the crappiest cam/setup/driver.

How come Ive beat a catback LS2 Vette easy at the track? Then a cobra 03'ish, then a Stingray?

I know most 5th gen owners care much about 22" wheels, lighting and exterior mods than performance. Early stock L99 were slow as **** too.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Banned

So your saying you ran very low 12s with just a CAI and around 100lbs out?
Old 08-07-2014, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

IMHO if its a cammed 5th gen its a poor setup. Why spend all that money for a small cam that nets you 25rwhp and 10rwtq????? You don't need a huge cam to net big gains either.

Thats why I keep telling most people to do their homework. I was questioned many times why my bolt on L99 was out running cammed L99s and LS3s. People wonder how I managed an 11.87 @ 115.32 mph with no cam.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

So your saying you ran very low 12s with just a CAI and around 100lbs out?
No I ran 12.87 on street tires (corrected DA 12.6) with headers/CAI/canned tune. I would believe on drag radials low 12s are easy to reach. The catback/other mods unknown LS2 Vette ran 13.2 beside me that same day.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

So even knowing that a Stock ls2 Vette runs mid 12s stock you beating one that ran a 13.2 now believe they all do and this camaro should have done better?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

So even knowing that a Stock ls2 Vette runs mid 12s stock you beating one that ran a 13.2 now believe they all do and this camaro should have done better?
So knowing stock Camaro can run mid 12s to high 12s stock you believe that a cammed one is gonna get raped by a stock Vette? Can it happen? Yes. Great setup? No. Thats the point. And the C7 never ran better than 12.40-12.90@112-113mph at this particular track and weather that day. No way the LS2 would have ran better than the C7.

Fact is: this Camaro run like ****.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
So knowing stock Camaro can run mid 12s to high 12s stock you believe that a cammed one is gonna get raped by a stock Vette? Can it happen? Yes. Great setup? No. Thats the point. And the C7 never ran better than 12.40-12.90@112-113mph at this particular track and weather that day. No way the LS2 would have ran better than the C7.

let me help you out. first of all the Camaro in this video did not get raped, did you watch the video? or did you selectively pick out who you want to debate with today with your myopic view point...so stop shaping reality to try and make your point

secondly, explain how Vettes are murdering Mustangs that have 100 more rwhp. weight, aero, tire, gearing. Its simple physics.

Third you have no idea what the cam specs are. It could have been a baby cam with no headers. Again did you watch the damn video. That SS sounded mighty quiet for being cammed and racing in a damn tunnel which amplifies sound even more.

By saying "badly set up/runs like ****" without knowing the details of mods and specs of the mods you sound like a damn retard.

For all we know this Camaro couldve been a true baby cam only car that ran the way it should have ran. Doesnt mean its badly set up, it just is what is a heavy car with decent power numbers for a daily driver.

If we KNEW this was a heads/cam or even a monster cammed/stalled LS3 running like this I would agree with you that it runs like ****.

Last edited by jthunderz28; 08-07-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Buddy of mine with cai only 2010 ss just ran low 13 @108. No tune. Stick car.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Banned

So your saying a car that weighs several hundred pounds more with worse areodynamics, worse suspension, worse power to weight ratio etc... to begin with should beat a superior stock mid 12s car with just a cam? Lmao right put down the drugs...

Also that camaro isn't the 1le, so it weighs a lot more than the vette. Also the gearing is worse than the vette.

Do you know the cam specs?
Do you know if that person had bolt ons as well?
Do you know if that person changed the gears?

I could keep asking a lot of questions but fact is there isn't enough evidence to judge what that "CAM ONLY CAMARO" should be running...
Old 08-07-2014, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey guys sorry I didn't add a lot of information to the video. The Camaro was bought with the cam already installed. It was set up for a blower. It also previously had a fast intake and other parts but the previous owner removed some of the performance parts and replaced them with oem parts before making the sale to my friend. The only thing this car has is the cam, and a tune from what I know of. Im not sure it has headers. Im pretty sure its got some sort of cat back though but im not positive on that.

with that being said its obvious that this car isn't set up to be cam only with hardly any other mods. I personally think it runs how its supposed to at the moment.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by glhs379
Buddy of mine with cai only 2010 ss just ran low 13 @108. No tune. Stick car.
Exactly the weight is killing his car
Old 08-07-2014, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

As I said, weak cammed Camaro vs Vette. You guys are butt hurt some 5th gen runs good.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

So your saying a car that weighs several hundred pounds more with worse areodynamics, worse suspension, worse power to weight ratio etc... to begin with should beat a superior stock mid 12s car with just a cam? Lmao right put down the drugs...

Also that camaro isn't the 1le, so it weighs a lot more than the vette. Also the gearing is worse than the vette.

Do you know the cam specs?
Do you know if that person had bolt ons as well?
Do you know if that person changed the gears?

I could keep asking a lot of questions but fact is there isn't enough evidence to judge what that "CAM ONLY CAMARO" should be running...
99% of cammed ls3 camaro will beat a stock ls2 Vette, why is it so shocking to you?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

99% of cammed ls3 camaro will beat a stock ls2 Vette, why is it so shocking to you?
I can see it beating a stock ls2 vette but clearly that wasn't a stock ls2 vette thats a Z51 ls2 vette which is a better car than the base model. How many times are you going to ignore that fact? Also how many times are you gonna try and twist **** to try and make the pig look good? Funny how a similarly moded ls1 4th gen runs the same time or better than the 5th gen...

Actually iirc someone said a cammed and bolt on ls3 camaro ran a mid 11s hmm thats not thay much reach out of a bolt on ls1 4th gen, also a cammed and bolt on ls1 runs the same or better times. Why bc its lighter...

That vette the Z51 (which is in the video btw) is LIGHTER, BETTER SUSPENSION, GEARING all while being stock... so this camaro did good against a superior car.

Clearly you didn't answer all my questions instead you said **** to try and back up your argument = epic fail
Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

As I said, weak cammed Camaro vs Vette. You guys are butt hurt some 5th gen runs good.
Dude you're an idiot. If its a weak cammed Camaro with nothing else then it ran how it was suppose to run. So this race shouldnt be shocking and disappointing.

Some 5th gens run "GOOD" because they have more power, less weight, better tire, gearing etc. Not everyone wants their every day car to be a racecar. Its all relative, and you cant consider those cars as poorly "SET UP"because it shouldnt even be considered a "SET UP"

How dense are you? Im getting dumber and dumber trying to explain simple logic to your simple mind.

Last edited by jthunderz28; 08-07-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

I took exactly 90-100lbs out cause it was 378xlbs on the scale stock with some more gas in the tank.
Mine trapped 110.8 with CAI only, that with a crappy 2.2 0-60ft.
Im serious this 5th gen has the crappiest cam/setup/driver.

How come Ive beat a catback LS2 Vette easy at the track? Then a cobra 03'ish, then a Stingray?

I know most 5th gen owners care much about 22" wheels, lighting and exterior mods than performance. Early stock L99 were slow as **** too.
My buddy's 2012 1ss weighed 3760 with 4/3 tank of gas. It went 12.9 @ 110 bone stock
Old 08-08-2014, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
Dude you're an idiot. If its a weak cammed Camaro with nothing else then it ran how it was suppose to run. So this race shouldnt be shocking and disappointing.

Some 5th gens run "GOOD"because they have more power, less weight, better tire, gearing etc. Not everyone wants their every day car to be a racecar. Its all relative, and you cant consider those cars as poorly "SET UP"because it shouldnt even be considered a "SET UP"

How dense are you? Im getting dumber and dumber trying to explain simple logic to your simple mind.
Im idiot saying obvious things? Like this is a weak cammed Camaro. Why does that hurt you so much?
I dont care if it lose or win.

Arent Z51 more heavier than a base Vette. Id be curious to see if there is so many Z51 Vette on the fast list.

Quick Reply: *Cam only 5th Gen Camaro vs Corvette c6 (LS2-stock)** VIDEO