Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

McLaren MP4-12C vs GT500 2.3L TVS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015 | 03:31 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Settle down, just messing. Did you realize who I was quoting? One of the top nutswinging, anti-chevy, complain about everything non-GT100 members we have. We could be discussing goats and cattle and that member will start comparing horseshoes to GT100s.

And you know all of us have a raging hard-on for your car. Its no wonder it gets brought up everwhere. Even islander has a secret crush on the holesaw wonder.
Lol@ holesaw wonder.......muh bad
Originally Posted by islander033
No pulley or tune, just drag pak.

Sadly there is no ZL1 drag pak only list, even they know that list would be stupid due to tires being a wear item.

Next you'll want factory brake pads and light bulbs to qualify for the list too.

Poor Hio and his stipulations. lol
Gotcha.....so slick tired drag pak means nothing. Do you realize that a zl1 could lose about 100lb of rotating weight but doin a drag pak? But yea it means nothing......stock brah

How bout real stock.....stock errything. Post up dat **** please.
Originally Posted by islander033
LOL...Hio brings up my cars waaaay more than I ever speak of his. I think the crush is the other way around.

PS. Hio does have sweet holesaw skillz.
I have wet dreams about your cobro......we are ridin along and you are pretending muh junk is a shifter in that gm auto'd beast. Nice job rowin dem i say to ya...Lets just say your hand got a little messy
Originally Posted by PA94Z
In what specific scenario do you put your car in front? When I'm out of gear? That trap didn't help you down the quarter, didn't help you in the back half - against a "poorly built" SBC that cut nearly an identical 60 ft to yours, in worse air... and still came out in front

Poor Hacksaw Lucky...

I'll await the stipulations of this fantasy scenario.
Poor spaz....apparently that trap does help. And it hurts your butt.
Originally Posted by Brent_02SS
Enough of the theoretical crap. Lol The 2.3L TVS is not "too small". Haven't you people seen the numerous ZR1's pushing north of 750whp? A buddy's recently made 730whp with full bolt-ons and E85, stock internals. Obviously, a bigger blower is almost always better. It works the same way with smaller displacement engines in most instances. But fact is, a 2.3L will provide plenty of useable power across the board on a 376cu.in engine. ZR1 has been bottom 9's with one. Enough proof right there that the "little" blower indeed gets the job done.
2.3 is to small. Even ported they boost taper. The ideal with a good blower setup is not to loose boost with rpm. Working the blower to hard just uses more power. I'm sure furd and gm probably made the 2.3 run in the same efficiency area. One engine makes 16lb~ of boost and one makes 10lb~ with the same blower. What's that tell you?

Last edited by HioSSilver; 01-12-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2015 | 03:47 PM
Banned

Enough of the theoretical crap. Lol The 2.3L TVS is not "too small". Haven't you people seen the numerous ZR1's pushing north of 750whp? A buddy's recently made 730whp with full bolt-ons and E85, stock internals. Obviously, a bigger blower is almost always better. It works the same way with smaller displacement engines in most instances. But fact is, a 2.3L will provide plenty of useable power across the board on a 376cu.in engine. ZR1 has been bottom 9's with one. Enough proof right there that the "little" blower indeed gets the job done.
It is just a tactic Hio uses to justify zl1/c7z or chevy in general of it's turdness.
Old 01-12-2015 | 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lol@ holesaw wonder.......muh bad

Gotcha.....so slick tired drag pak means nothing. Do you realize that a zl1 could lose about 100lb of rotating weight but doin a drag pak? But yea it means nothing......stock brah

I have wet dreams about your cobro......we are ridin along and you are pretending muh junk is a shifter in that gm auto'd beast. Lets just say your hand got a little messy

2.3 is to small. Even ported they boost taper. The ideal with a good blower setup is not to loose boost with rpm. Working the blower to hard just uses more power. I'm sure furd and gm probably made the 2.3 run in the same efficiency area. One engine makes 16lb~ of boost and one makes 10lb~ with the same blower. What's that tell you?
Smh simpleton will never understand. Btw talking about his trans yet you have a 9" rear lololololol Also stop pulling numbers out of your *** it's pathetic.
Old 01-12-2015 | 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Goosecaddy05
While a smaller blower might get it done on a 1/4 mile pass or a dyno run, a bigger blower will not heat soak, be more efficient, and make more power on a bigger motor over a much longer period of time... No reason not to use a bigger one to begin with... That's why many many c7zo6 owners will be swapping blowers as one of the very first mods they do... Just look at how a c7zo6 makes power on a dyno.... Typical small blower tq curve... all its tq is gone by the time you hit the rpm range you'll be in at the strip or the road course that its supposedly been developed for... The small blower is there to put smiles on the faces of the old farts who'll never get past 4k rpm
I was speaking solely of the TVS2300. I agree the TVS1700 makes no sense on the Z06, and is pretty close to maxed out from the factory seeing as VR saw 0 gains when they wen't to a lower pulley. The stock upper is 2.58". That should tell you something right there.
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol@ holesaw wonder

I have wet dreams about your cobro......we are ridin along and you are pretending muh junk is a shifter in that gm auto'd beast. Lets just say your hand got a little messy

exactly, and if the new blower on the c7zo6 has a better lobe design making it more efficient, why not just use that same design on a bigger one and make way more power? I guarantee emissions is no excuse and the hood or engine placement can be tweeked easily and still give the right .cd
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:02 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by automach1
Smh simpleton will never understand. Btw talking about his trans yet you have a 9" rear lololololol Also stop pulling numbers out of your *** it's pathetic.
His trans likely has a gm case at least. My rear has 0 furd parts.

What #'s did i pull outta muh ***? My car loses almost 60lb of rotating goin to a drag pak. A zl is gonna lose alot more. Their stock wheels/tire weighs more than a 4gen stock wheel/tire by alot.

If I'm not mistaken evan said his boss lost 100~ goin to a drag pak. 5gen wheels/tires weigh more than boss ****.
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:03 PM

Maybe too small for your power goal, but they can perform on a GM 6.2L. If you would like, I can show you plenty of examples that disprove your theory.
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

got a delivery in the middle of typing my previous post Brent so i missed what you posted about the 1.7 being too small
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:10 PM
Banned

His trans likely has a gm case at least. My rear has 0 furd parts.

What #'s did i pull outta muh ***? My car loses almost 60lb of rotating goin to a drag pak. A zl is gonna lose alot more. Their stock wheels/tire weighs more than a 4gen stock wheel/tire by alot.

If I'm not mistaken evan said his boss lost 100~ goin to a drag pak. 5gen wheels/tires weigh more than boss ****.
Cool so he has a GM trans and you have a ford rear. Let's see the blower size for one until you were corrected. Then the boost difference of 6lbs with the same pulley combo was another. Also in regards to the bigs n littles a zl1 is simply not going to run the times the pre 13s have with just that for a mod.

Last edited by automach1; 01-12-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:49 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

exactly, and if the new blower on the c7zo6 has a better lobe design making it more efficient, why not just use that same design on a bigger one and make way more power? I guarantee emissions is no excuse and the hood or engine placement can be tweeked easily and still give the right .cd
Eehhh.....I'm sure they know they can make more power. I'm sure they also know they will have less warranty claims with less power. When it comes right down to it the c7z is a amazing car that runs with cars far more expensive as it is.
Maybe too small for your power goal, but they can perform on a GM 6.2L. If you would like, I can show you plenty of examples that disprove your theory.
No care about power really.......i care about acceleration. Two identical cars and one that boost tapers @ say 16psi and one that don't @ 16 psi the one that don't is gonna win.
Cool so he has a GM trans and you have a ford rear. Let's see the blower size for one until you were corrected. Then the boost difference of 6lbs with the same pulley combo was another. Also in regards to the bigs n littles a zl1 is simply not going to run the times the pre 13s have with just that for a mod.
I'll give furd credit where it is do. They designed a decent rear......not bullet in stock form by any means. But very easy to work on and upgrade to keep alive.

Now to finish making you look stooopid. You can't really run the same pulley combo you ******* idiot. You look at rotor speed.......not pulley size you dumbass.
Old 01-12-2015 | 04:56 PM
Banned

Eehhh.....I'm sure they know they can make more power. I'm sure they also know they will have less warranty claims with less power. When it comes right down to it the c7z is a amazing car that runs with cars far more expensive as it is.

No care about power really.......i care about acceleration. Two identical cars and one that boost tapers @ say 16psi and one that don't @ 16 psi the one that don't is gonna win.

I'll give furd credit where it is do. They designed a decent rear......not bullet in stock form by any means. But very easy to work on and upgrade to keep alive.

Now to finish making you look stooopid. You can't really run the same pulley combo you ******* idiot. You look at rotor speed.......not pulley size you dumbass.

Yea like I was clueless about rotor speed with different size balancers, upper pulleys etc.. I own one dumbass
Old 01-12-2015 | 05:38 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Yea like I was clueless about rotor speed with different size balancers, upper pulleys etc.. I own one dumbass
If you truly had a clue you would know the 6.2 won't see the same boost at the same rotor speed as the 5.4 or the 5.8 with the same blower. What's that tell you?
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:01 PM
Banned

If you truly had a clue you would know the 6.2 won't see the same boost at the same rotor speed as the 5.4 or the 5.8 with the same blower. What's that tell you?
Do you have proof of this?
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If that point Hio made about rotor speed difference on two much different sized engines to reach the same boost does not click in your head as common sense automach1 you should probably take a deep breath, sit back, and think about it a bit ... Then hopefully it will make sense... If it still does not>>>>
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:10 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

If that point Hio made about rotor speed difference on two much different sized engines to reach the same boost does not click in your head as common sense automach1 you should probably take a deep breath, sit back, and think about it a bit ... Then hopefully it will make sense... If it still does not>>>>
And there you have it.
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:16 PM
Banned

Did he prove this especially on the 5.8 yet?
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:16 PM
Banned

And there you have it.

So no proof?
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:22 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

SSSSoooooo.....yes you are that dumb.
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:26 PM
Banned

SSSSoooooo.....yes you are that dumb.
You really are just pulling numbers out your *** with no proof aren't you
Old 01-12-2015 | 06:32 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Nope.....you actually to stupid to understand how it works. It's just that plain and simple.

Quick Reply: McLaren MP4-12C vs GT500 2.3L TVS