Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

McLaren MP4-12C vs GT500 2.3L TVS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islander033
Wrong and I already corrected you.
I've got you figured out lol... You actually understand all this about boosted motors, but are just acting like a total fool to troll Hio into a rage right
Old 01-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I posted a vid of me goin from 45 to 135......i call that good enough. I'm not goin out on dirty gravely road and runnin to 130mph.

You're chasing your *** like usual.

Thanks for admitting the 5.4/5.8 is the more restrictive engine. That's what we've been saying. Now run both engines on 10lb and get back me.......soz i cans gets me some lolz

And to correct you about the ls9 and cubes/ boost. You should really know this but. The boost is less on the ls9 because it flows more air. Flowing more air = more powa at comparable boost given the charger is run in the same efficiency area.

No you ****** idiot that's not what I'm sayin........you're ****** out there dude. To even come up with something like that shows what a moron you are.
So the only thing that affects air flow is cubes? Can you be anymore of a backwoods derp? You have yet to post any facts that support your claims. Keep running in circles Doug it's entertaining.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:13 AM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Goosecaddy05
I've got you figured out lol... You actually understand all this about boosted motors, but are just acting like a total fool to troll Hio into a rage right
Sooooo....same blower speed and smaller cubes = more whp due to less air flow?

Think about that for a bit MAC2. lol
Old 01-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Teching In

You all need some learning on how boost works....

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...compressor_map

TVS 2300

Old 01-13-2015, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sooooo, You're not just acting the fool then? My bad... Carry on
Old 01-13-2015, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 466 Likes on 365 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

For the furd owners that drive boosted cars and still don't understand how their own motors make power i'll give another example based on what i've marked in bold... Let's say you have a turbo car with factory exhaust... Then you change the exhaust to a less restrictive full header no cat etc system, but leave the boost setting in the motor the same... You'll still make much more power than before because the turbos are having to work harder to make the same boost as before you changed the exhaust... Now you take a bigger cube motor that has the same or better head-flow than a smaller one(ex. GM motor vs Furd one) and at the same boost level the bigger motor will be making much more power than the smaller one... This is because the blower or turbo is working much harder on the bigger motor and at t the same time flowing more air than the smaller more restrictive Furd motor.... You Ford guys seem to bee the type to have to build a swimming pool to prove a bowling ball won't float
They sure do.

I thought he was just looking for lulz but............
Originally Posted by automach1
So the only thing that affects air flow is cubes? Can you be anymore of a backwoods derp? You have yet to post any facts that support your claims. Keep running in circles Doug it's entertaining.
LOL @ your fool ***.

You should think about it. Daddy mac
Sooooo, You're not just acting the fool then? My bad... Carry on
I guess not......lol
Old 01-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Banned

I just want ever body reading this nonsense to notice how Hio has yet to post any proof to back his claims.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Banned

Still no proof from Hio big suprise.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I just want ever body reading this nonsense to notice how Hio has yet to post any proof to back his claims.
Still no proof from Hio big suprise.
It's already been posted dude......you're to ****** stupid to see it. even your own cars have proved it.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

It's already been posted dude......you're to ****** stupid to see it. even your own cars have proved it.
Post the proof then derp.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Says run both motors at 10 psi for fair comparison

Then says he isn't saying that 10 pounds is the same on every car...... Blower speed is the ONLY way to compare the 2 engines holy ****...
Old 01-13-2015, 04:14 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Says run both motors at 10 psi for fair comparison

Then says he isn't saying that 10 pounds is the same on every car...... Blower speed is the ONLY way to compare the 2 engines holy ****...
10psi is 10psi brah!

Hio says some funny ****....don't he? lol
Old 01-13-2015, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

So much misinformation about superchargers in this thread I don't even know where to start. Do me a favor, if you don't have the proper training, don't perpetrate like you know what your talking about.

I have a masters degree in mechanical engineering specializing in Finite Element Analysis. I analyze fluid flow and heat transfer on a micro and macro level. Air flow cannot be simply compared as "black and white". You have to isolate the variables and only change one at a time to make a true comparison. Even if two superchargers flow identical CFM they don't necessarily make the same power. Maybe one heats the air up more during compression, maybe the other one creates more turbulence at the port exit.

For the most part, what Hio has stated is true. If the engine receiving the pressurized air has less restriction (ie more displacement, better flowing heads) it will make more power. Engines are basically air pumps, remove restrictions, make more power. Islander did make one correct statement, "boost is a measure of restriction" While technically correct, it's not telling the whole story as to whats happening on a macro scale. The specific geometry of the "restrictions" has a great deal of influence on the resulting air flow pattern. This holds particularly true in NA intake manifolds too, hence the different designs (ie log manifolds, ram horns etc)

AutoMach: there is no hope for you, either you are a troll and understand what you're saying is retarded or.... good god... you are the dumbest, most brand loyal moron on this whole forum.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:26 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
So much misinformation about superchargers in this thread I don't even know where to start. Do me a favor, if you don't have the proper training, don't perpetrate like you know what your talking about.

I have a masters degree in mechanical engineering specializing in Finite Element Analysis. I analyze fluid flow and heat transfer on a micro and macro level. Air flow cannot be simply compared as "black and white". You have to isolate the variables and only change one at a time to make a true comparison. Even if two superchargers flow identical CFM they don't necessarily make the same power. Maybe one heats the air up more during compression, maybe the other one creates more turbulence at the port exit.

For the most part, what Hio has stated is true. If the engine receiving the pressurized air has less restriction (ie more displacement, better flowing heads) it will make more power. Engines are basically air pumps, remove restrictions, make more power. Islander did make one correct statement, "boost is a measure of restriction" While technically correct, it's not telling the whole story as to whats happening on a macro scale. The specific geometry of the "restrictions" has a great deal of influence on the resulting air flow pattern. This holds particularly true in NA intake manifolds too, hence the different designs (ie log manifolds, ram horns etc)

AutoMach: there is no hope for you, either you are a troll and understand what you're saying is retarded or.... good god... you are the dumbest, most brand loyal moron on this whole forum.
TL : DR....much. If fact it was almost long enough to = butthurt. lol

Splain why the LS9 makes less powa than a 5.8 mod mota with the same blower RPM then.

Where exactly did chebby fail???
Old 01-13-2015, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
You all need some learning on how boost works....

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...compressor_map

TVS 2300

lol I at least, already know how pressure ratio and airflow of a given engine at a certain rpm calculated to power with all variables included... bsfc for example.

boost is a layman term for pressure ratio. pressure ratio has to be adjusted for inlet, intake, intercooler pressure drops.

at a given pressure ratio and engine airflow from low to high rpm a compressor will have a fixed efficiency range.

nobody has mentioned efficiency. I can go all night. you run a compressor below about 67 percent efficiency more power will be lost in heat.

it is the reason twin turbos make more power than a single even with a map that matches. the twins stay in a higher efficiency zone than a single...in general.

if an engine has a N/A lb./min. airflow range from say 18 to 32 pressure...(180hp-320hp)....pressure ratio multiplies that number and you can map the efficiency for matching the compressor to the engine.

Last edited by assasinator; 01-13-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

TL : DR....much. If fact it was almost long enough to = butthurt. lol

Splain why the LS9 makes less powa than a 5.8 mod mota with the same blower RPM then.

Where exactly did chebby fail???
TL = too long? DR = didn't read? why? cuz you're illiterate.

The answer to your question is in my post if you would actually read it.

Same blower rpm...sweet you picked one variable. Too bad you didn't hold all the other variables constant to arrive at your misguided conclusion. Go back to class moron.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by assasinator
lol I at least, already know how pressure ratio and airflow of a given engine at a certain rpm calculated to power with all variables included... bsfc for example.

boost is a layman term for pressure ratio. pressure ratio has to be adjusted for inlet, intake, intercooler pressure drops.

at a given pressure ratio and engine airflow from low to high rpm a compressor will have a fixed efficiency range.

nobody has mentioned efficiency. I can go all night. you run a compressor below about 67 percent efficiency more power will be lost in heat.

it is the reason twin turbos make more power than a single even with a map that matches. the twins stay in a higher efficiency zone than a single...in general.
Atleast one person in here has a clue.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
Atleast one person in here has a clue.
man I make them from pieces to power. gotta match engine airflow to compressor to avoid surging or a bad efficiency zone.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by assasinator

Actually i mentioned efficiency. .......its the the key to the whole thing. You can't just pulley this **** around like most want to do and expect great results from one engine to another. Most do because just because it's easy....including me. But not optimal.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually i mentioned efficiency. .......its the the key to the whole thing. You can't just pulley this **** around like most want to do and expect great results from one engine to another. Most do because just because it's easy....including me. But not optimal.
100percent right

Quick Reply: McLaren MP4-12C vs GT500 2.3L TVS