Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Eclipse and LT1 Maro (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Eclipse and LT1 Maro (long)

Well last night I was completely bored and decided to take the Z out for a little spin. I was cruising around overland park hopeing I could find someone that wouldnt mind a friendly run or two. Well as I was thinking about giving up I noticed a 99 or older eclipse pull along side me. I let him tap his throttle a couple times and read turbo off his back end. I dropped down to second gear (we were traveling approximately 40mph) and gave him a bump back to let him know I was game. I attempted to give the three honk method and he took off at the first honk, I dropped the throttle and stopped his pulling. In third gear I moved infront, and by fourth I was about two cars ahead. I made a left u-turn at the next light as the other side of the intersection became one lane and he followed. This time we went from 10mph and had similar results with me having a slightly larger lead this time.
Upon the end of the second run with the eclipse I notice a dark green camaro pull along side me and pump me a couple revs. I put it in first (15mph) and we both hit it, I pulled about a car until the end of second gear when I quit. At the next light we pulled a u-turn to head back the other way and went from dig. Unfortunately the fact that I have nearly bald factory tires, and he was running slicks lead to his advantage. He lept out quite brutally and shut down before I could catch up and pass. All in all I felt it was a pretty entertaining saturday night
Old 06-12-2004, 08:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats why ya need one of these damnit

http://www.cafeshops.com/foff667.11451008
Old 06-12-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol now that you mention it I just may have to buy one of those. I think I need to get my traction problems solved first though
Old 06-12-2004, 10:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kckid
Lol now that you mention it I just may have to buy one of those. I think I need to get my traction problems solved first though
if youve got traction problems from a 40mph roll then definitly get those worked out
Old 06-12-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

hehe yeah man get some Nitto drag radials. Working great for me dude!! Traction!!
Old 06-13-2004, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah traction for me only exsists after the first half of second gear. After that though the car is all ***** lol.