Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5br0 vs Bolt on 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
They're pretty sweet. Ford really outdid themselves.
I agree. I am really impressed with them even just seeing them online. I have yet to sit in/drive one. Actually, I take that back. I sat in a premium Eco-Boost that my mom was looking at. They are ridiculously nice on the inside.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Its Stock
I agree. I am really impressed with them even just seeing them online. I have yet to sit in/drive one. Actually, I take that back. I sat in a premium Eco-Boost that my mom was looking at. They are ridiculously nice on the inside.
I think the cloth recaros are incredibly comfy.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:14 PM
Teching In

I originally tried finding a car with those, but that has deemed to be nearly impossible.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Its Stock
I originally tried finding a car with those, but that has deemed to be nearly impossible.
Yeah, difficult to find one for the price range I would personally want to pay.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Teching In

I may end up keeping the car, not sure I wanna jump into something right now and spend more on a payment. Not sure it is worth it.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Get a C6
Old 02-26-2016, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Lol nah. I am staying with Mod Motors if I trade/sell it, which isn't looking likely now. I was offered $16-17k trade. I can't do that.

I might purchase a C6 sometime in the next few years though; my cousin has a JSB 08 I would take off his hands if he sells it next summer. But, I think I'd rather save the money and buy a house lol.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Smart decision. Your car is plenty fast anyways. I'm in the same boat, but owning a home in CA is near impossible and I'm sick of renting. That's why I'm looking out of state
Old 02-26-2016, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Smart decision. Your car is plenty fast anyways. I'm in the same boat, but owning a home in CA is near impossible and I'm sick of renting. That's why I'm looking out of state
Know how it goes trying to build up the house down payment fund. Really want to throw down 20% and swing a 15 year mortgage as I've seen the interest paid difference between the two.

I'll buy when I'm ready and the time is right.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

very smart Nick. I moved out of Willow Glen (San Jose) after dropping out of college in 2006 and moved to Tx. My current house (buying) is 3100 sq ft in an upper middle class suburb southwest of Houston (Sienna plantation) and is very, very nice. 3 bd 2.5 bath 2 car garage, tile and wood floors throughout, massive master suite with retreat, separate shower and tub, full granite and stainless appliances yada yada yada. I paid (mortgaged) 231k for it last spring and my payment is 1850 with everything (principal taxes interest and insurance). In San Jose this place would definitely be over a million and obviously I would not be in it. I don't know if you are looking in tx but let me tell you man you can't go wrong here.
Plenty of jobs, insane street racing scene, Diversity, and a cost of living where any average Joe can own a nice house in a crime free neighborhood. I know it's off topic but yea get the Hell out of California while you can. Glad I did it when I was still a kid.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I heard you can get a nice 450 sq. ft box in San Francisco for only $850,000
Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Know how it goes trying to build up the house down payment fund. Really want to throw down 20% and swing a 15 year mortgage as I've seen the interest paid difference between the two.

I'll buy when I'm ready and the time is right.
Get a 30year and pay a couple extra payments towards principle per year mang.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
very smart Nick. I moved out of Willow Glen (San Jose) after dropping out of college in 2006 and moved to Tx. My current house (buying) is 3100 sq ft in an upper middle class suburb southwest of Houston (Sienna plantation) and is very, very nice. 3 bd 2.5 bath 2 car garage, tile and wood floors throughout, massive master suite with retreat, separate shower and tub, full granite and stainless appliances yada yada yada. I paid (mortgaged) 231k for it last spring and my payment is 1850 with everything (principal taxes interest and insurance). In San Jose this place would definitely be over a million and obviously I would not be in it. I don't know if you are looking in tx but let me tell you man you can't go wrong here.
Plenty of jobs, insane street racing scene, Diversity, and a cost of living where any average Joe can own a nice house in a crime free neighborhood. I know it's off topic but yea get the Hell out of California while you can. Glad I did it when I was still a kid.
Yeah man I'm actually specifically looking at Texas! Right now I'm planning a trip to round rock, pflugerville, Georgetown, and Austin.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

those are all very good areas and you won't have much of an issue with employment. You would like most suburbs around Austin because it is a lot like the bay area (California). I love the humidity and warm weather but most people despise it. The biggest annoyance out here is tour state bird (the mosquito) lol. for the most part most ppl here are down to earth, and just enjoying life going to work, raising a fam etc. Of coarse you have the areas to be wary of and trust me there is absolutely no mistaking those places lol. I love visiting my family in California but would never consider moving back.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
6 gen would have beet all pretty bad
So you're this guy now? Can't even say "good runs" anymore, just immediately delve into douche mode? I expected some class, even if just a drop.
Originally Posted by ****** srt8
I think the Scat Pack will give Its Stock a good workout.
I think there's life on Mars since we're talking about unrelated ****.
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
That's what I'm doing with mi casa.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Yeah, that's a good idea as well. I just like the "forced" extra payment by doing the 15 year. It's like with the 401k and deferred comp. Doesn't hurt as bad if I never see the money in the first place.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
I think there's life on Mars since we're talking about unrelated ****

Next time read the whole thread or at least know what conversations have been held before making douchebag comments.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Yeah, that's a good idea as well. I just like the "forced" extra payment by doing the 15 year. It's like with the 401k and deferred comp. Doesn't hurt as bad if I never see the money in the first place.
I would rather put a extra willing payment towards something than have a forced high payment. Interest rates are still low and you never know what's in the future as far as hard times
Old 02-27-2016, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
I would rather put a extra willing payment towards something than have a forced high payment. Interest rates are still low and you never know what's in the future as far as hard times
That's true. Thankfully I have the 3-6 month safety fund for the "what-ifs" in life
Old 02-27-2016, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Good advice I live in SJ. When I finish my apprenticeship the GF and I are selling and want to move to Tx

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5br0 vs Bolt on 1LE