Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5br0 vs Bolt on 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Bolt on 5br0 vs Bolt on 1LE

Got some runs in today/tonight being that the weather was absolutely fantastic out. I'll go ahead and start with the vid of me and the 1LE. Was a shitty run, as there were cars coming up and I didn't know if they were border control cuz we were on the outskirts of Mexico, so I stopped at the top of 3rd instead of hitting 4th. Had I hit 4th, I'd expect to pull another car-car and a half or so on him. His car runs damn well and looks great! I work with him, so I am sure this won't be the last time we race. I'll be getting some runs with him where I can run out 4th and maybe 5th soon. We tried a few more runs but traffic kept dicking us hard with how inconvenient it was.

Sorry for the horizontal video, my passenger forgot.

Other notable runs from the day:

Me vs CLS55 AMG: We both knew the outcome, but we wanted to see how bad it was. My buddy has a video I'll try and get him to upload but it was from a 35. I had a passenger and he had his dog in the AMG lol. I pulled probably 2-2.5 cars on the AMG by the end of 4th. About as we had expected for the runs to go.

Me vs Boss 302 LS: Boss has an AirAid CAI and Mac Axle backs with no tune. We did a few 35's and he kept getting locked out of 3rd, MT82/stock clutch lyfe. The ones where he did not get locked out, however, I pulled about a car on him or so each time. The Boss is a strong runner for no mods basically, and once it gets a cat delete/tune it'll be hurting some feelings.

Me vs Built motor, Vortech v2 99 Cobra Vert vs H/C/I/G8 GT: Same G8 I ran in my other videos. We went from a 35 roll. G8 and I got out off the hit by a car with the G8 and I staying pretty even. I hit 4th and the Cobra started to pull back on us up top. Was a really awesome run, especially going 3-wide. There was an L99 5gen that was stock trying to keep up that got gapped by another buddy in his stock '13 5.0 while we were running.

I also tried to play with a 6gen SS on the highway, but he wouldn't even look over I would have LOVED to of seen how that would have went.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice man, your car runs good dude!

It would have been cool to see you get a run in with that 6th gen. I'm curious to see how they run against people on this forum, and hear their thoughts, win or lose.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

6 gen would have beet all pretty bad
Old 02-21-2016, 09:08 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Good kill!

Modded 1LE is pretty good.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Its Stock
I also tried to play with a 6gen SS on the highway, but he wouldn't even look over I would have LOVED to of seen how that would have went.
i know EXACTLY how you feel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4n...ature=youtu.be

i wanted to hold a tissue out the window and make a crying face at him
Old 02-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Camaro spun and 5.Bro sprayed all the nawz!

Good run!
Old 02-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
nice man, your car runs good dude!

It would have been cool to see you get a run in with that 6th gen. I'm curious to see how they run against people on this forum, and hear their thoughts, win or lose.
Thanks man. I am curious as well. I really want to run an A8 one as I think that would be a more fair run considering how much quicker they are.

Originally Posted by big hammer
6 gen would have beet all pretty bad
Maybe, maybe not. The car was a manual so idk how well he could drive. You can't speculate anything like that when he didn't even run anybody.

Originally Posted by islander033
Good kill!

Modded 1LE is pretty good.
Thank ya! His car runs hard for sure. I really dig how the white 1LE's look on the 5gens too, I would drive one.

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
i know EXACTLY how you feel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4n...ature=youtu.be

i wanted to hold a tissue out the window and make a crying face at him
I wasn't happy lol. I'm sure I'll find one eventually. With either this car or the car I have after selling or trading this.

Originally Posted by Prototype007
Camaro spun and 5.Bro sprayed all the nawz!

Good run!
300 shot; direct port.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Good runs Stock! Car running hard as usual
Old 02-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Banned

Looks like you jumped and then let off right as the Camaro started to pull back. I guess that old Mustang trick is still being used.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Good runs Stock! Car running hard as usual
Thank ya

Originally Posted by YoloZ28
Looks like you jumped and then let off right as the Camaro started to pull back. I guess that old Mustang trick is still being used.
I went on the 3rd honk, he agreed to leaving the same time on that run. The first run he didn't hear my honks.

Either way, he was not pulling back at all. When he "started pulling back" was when I let out at the top of 3rd lol. I shut off because I wasn't risking it. No "trick" being used.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:47 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by YoloZ28
Hi jake.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Wish you were in state lol i would love a run
Old 02-22-2016, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Good runs.... See if all these cars will meet up and do some daytime runs? Where you at in Indy? I'll be there for street car takeover
Old 02-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very interesting. If this is who I believe it is then him putting his TSP headers on and tuning it must have really woken it up.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99whitez28
Wish you were in state lol i would love a run
I agree haha our cars have similar mods and both seem to run hard. Your car is a freak.

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Good runs.... See if all these cars will meet up and do some daytime runs? Where you at in Indy? I'll be there for street car takeover
The runs I typed out were all in the day. If it is nice out this weekend, then we will be trying to get a group together again for some day runs. We all definitely plan on making it to Indy again this year, it was nuts last year for the street scene. I'm hoping to be in a new car by then so I'll be ready to test it out. We will have to meetup there and get some runs in.

Originally Posted by That_One_Person
Very interesting. If this is who I believe it is then him putting his TSP headers on and tuning it must have really woken it up.
Name starts with a B, haha. His car runs ******* good! It sounds awesome too, I can not wait to get another run with him soon where I can wind out 4th.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah yep that'd be it. They had some cruise planned for Saturday don't know what happened to it.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good run!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

You got the hit but that was his fault...run that **** back.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

I plan on going to the street car takeover. Just the track portion most likely though. If people wanted to run during the day we could go outside the track somewhere. Most likely pulling the neon down on a trailer. Still need to get her dialed in. 22psi and 10.8-11.1 AFR I pulled on a new gsxr 600 last Saturday. Bike went from driving like a typical *** wipe to turning off into a neighborhood. Funny part was he could of drove 200 more foot and turned onto the highway with me where the real *** kicking would have taken place.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Good run!

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
You got the hit but that was his fault...run that **** back.
We tried. A lot. The traffic out there was so inconvenient it was impossible to get anything in. I'll be back in town this weekend, if he is out, we will get another run going where I can use all of my powerband.

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
I plan on going to the street car takeover. Just the track portion most likely though. If people wanted to run during the day we could go outside the track somewhere. Most likely pulling the neon down on a trailer. Still need to get her dialed in. 22psi and 10.8-11.1 AFR I pulled on a new gsxr 600 last Saturday. Bike went from driving like a typical *** wipe to turning off into a neighborhood. Funny part was he could of drove 200 more foot and turned onto the highway with me where the real *** kicking would have taken place.
We will be bringing up some cars that will run with the Neon. I hope to have my new car by then, I'd like to test it out on the track up there and on the street against the slow cars.

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5br0 vs Bolt on 1LE