Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

305 vs 302

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasnt asking to be Pd to "work on my car" my car need ZERO work right now. But he asked to run a 305. So to make it worth swapping out a long block. Of course any person in there right mind. would not do this for free. Would you??? And I would not get gapped, if i just swapped blocks. Now were beating a dead hoarse. Maybe a dead Pony lol Pun intended.
I'm sure if you go to TGO, Theres N/A 305 guys there that would answer your call out.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JC316
The base mark has a 3.08 one legger, the LSC car has a 3.27 traction lok. On top of that, the 93 base has 280HP and the LSC has 290 thanks to a better exhaust.

The IROC is an L98 car, rebuilt 5K miles ago. It's just a slug.
No way I could tell you about my Mark. Sold it about 7 or so year's ago. But I think your right about the gearing. I maybe thinking about when I looked up the vin on one of my Vette's.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The thing is, I don't need to run a 305 to prove that I can run a train on one.

My 302 is not stock. I never said it was stock. I said WHEN it was stock it ran faster than a 350 Firebird.

It's 302 cubic inches, street daily driven, NA, stock trans/rear/no weight reduction that isn't from mods (like aluminum heads/driveshaft/radiator). Full interior. A/C, P/S, Power windows/locks, cruise control. It's not a track car
Old 07-24-2017, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 428 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Of all the kidney shots you just gave him, this one was definitely a head shot
It's really not looking like that.

It's literally this simple.

I can only imagine this dumbass getting beat by a 400hp car on the street. He would wanna pull over and compare dyno sheets "You won becauz yawr lighter!! Not fair!!! Don't worry where my airbags went, none of your business!"

Hio my offer stands, find me one of these badass 305s to run and I'm game. The Holding of my breath will not commence.
You're the one that got beat by a 12sec car on the street.........but but your et was better

Looks like there is a offer here that you keep dodging .

Originally Posted by 89BANDIT
^ Told you I would put in my 305, LEAVING EVERYTHING ELSE AS IS, in my car. And take that Lunch money.
Just swap the long blocks. Or, you can keep holding you're breath.
He's so dumb he forgets to breathe anyway.

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Doug accuses others of stips when literally every post of Doug's about GM vs Furd he has stips all up in it for the GM'a vehicle's sake.
Where is your car nate
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
I also love it when someone mentions something about GM needing the cubes advantage and furd motors being at a disadvantage cube wise and hio is always right there to say, "so ******* what, we didn't get to design the motor? We don't have a say in how big they are cubes wise."

And then Hio will turn right around to say something like, "yup so looks like fox bodies need the weight advantage to be competitive." Welp... Guess what Hio? Did we have control over what chassis furd would build and how much it would weigh?

Sit the **** down you hypocrite.
You might want to look at snake stipping 89's weight at 2300lb

Btw.....where's your car nate

Originally Posted by islander033
I'm down.

Lets hit the scales soon (with vid to keep your shady **** out of it), and then you can add ballast anywhere you want.

We will correct DA to sea level.

It does when equal weight is needed for the competition?

89bandit could be dummer than Hio... LOL

Nater is also correct in his statements.
I'll wait till i get pics and vids of your car with the stock blower and stick psi.

You know where nates car is?

Originally Posted by big hammer
When you start lining up in the staging lanes I wonder why they don't ask your race weight and Hp\L so they can put that on the time clocks
Lol....troof
89bandidiot

LOL I promise you, you would not run your 305 NA against me unless your car weighs 2300lbs.

Once you've made the transition to the NA 305, let me know and we'll set it up.

I'm not paying you a dime to work on your ****
Look at snake stipping the weight after not caring earlier......hypocrisy!

Keep dodging snake. It's what you do best.

Originally Posted by Felix C
Well there may have been a 305 quicker than the 225hp 5.0. I never came across one and neither did anyone who remembers those days. Cannot think of a single magazine that raved about this hi-po 305. Never seen a comparo which I think would have been done if this was a known item. Anyone who wanted to go quick got the 350 and added nitrous. Or went GN or went Cyclone. Well this is the first time I have heard of this 305 option.

Just about everyone of drag racing age and interest knew about Tony Defeo and was a able to copy the mods as they were so simple. 5.0s did not stay stock for long. I mean he went high 13s with a few minutes of work at the strip. Not that we went high 13s as there are weather/track variances although the cars did pickup up quite a bit with these simple mods.
I came across them. My dad has one. Fox 5br0s has gotten faster in yalls imagination over the years.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone who drives a 2300lb third gen on the street regularly is asking for death

Are you admitting a 305 would need a 2300lb car to compete? I agree with you
Old 07-24-2017, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/QUOTE]I came across them. My dad has one. Fox 5br0s has gotten faster in yalls imagination over the years.[/QUOTE]

could be. then maybe not. 305 was always a turd.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:29 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It's really not looking like that.

You're the one that got beat by a 12sec car on the street.........but but your et was better

Looks like there is a offer here that you keep dodging .

He's so dumb he forgets to breathe anyway.

Where is your car nate

You might want to look at snake stipping 89's weight at 2300lb

Btw.....where's your car nate

I'll wait till i get pics and vids of your car with the stock blower and stick psi.

You know where nates car is?

Lol....troof

Look at snake stipping the weight after not caring earlier......hypocrisy!

Keep dodging snake. It's what you do best.

I came across them. My dad has one. Fox 5br0s has gotten faster in yalls imagination over the years.
I won't even break this down ^. Hiopocrisy errywhere.

It is a prime example of why no one takes Hio serious anymore. He's one of the biggest jokes in SRK for obvious reasons. Won't race anything but his lips.

Hio refuses to race or compete in any challenges pretty much since he came in 3rd in the first LEC. That really must have hurt his pride losing to 2 mustangs. LOL
Old 07-24-2017, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

The thing is, I don't need to run a 305 to prove that I can run a train on one.

My 302 is not stock. I never said it was stock. I said WHEN it was stock it ran faster than a 350 Firebird.

It's 302 cubic inches, street daily driven, NA, stock trans/rear/no weight reduction that isn't from mods (like aluminum heads/driveshaft/radiator). Full interior. A/C, P/S, Power windows/locks, cruise control. It's not a track car

I would have kicked your *** stock. 1989 350 Formula. No mods. Ttop car
Old 07-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

If I gave a **** about stock times I would have put my mickeys on instead of running on stock 225s

You're welcome to zoot that C4 up and come get some of the fox or any GM 5.0/5.7 liter variation from the 80s of your choosing
Old 07-24-2017, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then you would not have been stock no? So your original statement is false

My C4 which went faster than you stock too is set up for light to light action at the beach. If I want 1/4 mile times I would need more gear,more stall and shortrunner intake. I have two other cars for that.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike Morris

I would have kicked your *** stock. 1989 350 Formula. No mods. Ttop car
Luv me an 89 Formy! Best Year IMO! No 9th cold start injector, and still MAF. Better to tune. Back when we tuned OBD1 lol. Big TQ taht year too, And Intake is diff in 89 than any other year before, or after. Formy also = Lighter. Must have been a Nice Ride!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

My C4 which went faster than you stock too is set up for light to light action at the beach. If I want 1/4 mile times I would need more gear,more stall and shortrunner intake. I have two other cars for that.
It's no surprise stock the 86s weren't ringers because they came with the worst factory heads ever on a Mustang. You know this, though.

I had no intention of keeping it stock. The bottom line is if you have a manual 305 car and want to run side by side with me, you're doing more intensive work than I did. I bought off the shelf parts and a little baby cam with duration in the 220s/low 230s.

Refer to my statement about all the good running 305 cars you hear about
Old 07-24-2017, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never seen a 305 run your times. It would be very tough to do so

Yes Bandit. I loved it. Dark red with tan interior. I got it to run high 12s on street tires with a ported tpi head cam. Bent the frame too since I didn't run subframe connectors oops.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I gotta change the fuel pump in my 305 formula car and beet snake
Old 07-24-2017, 05:44 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
I gotta change the fuel pump in my 305 formula car and beet snake
Put a 305 in it too while you'rere at it...
Old 07-24-2017, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Put a 305 in it too while you'rere at it...
I'm actually not sure if I have one
Old 07-24-2017, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bandit needs a h/c/blower car to run with a junky old 30poo and feels good about it?

Ouchy
Old 07-24-2017, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 428 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix C
could be. then maybe not. 305 was always a turd.
305 was a better motor than 30p00s. Ever drive a 30p00 truck? It's like a 4.suck but worse.

I won't even break this down ^. Hiopocrisy errywhere.

It is a prime example of why no one takes Hio serious anymore. He's one of the biggest jokes in SRK for obvious reasons. Won't race anything but his lips.

Hio refuses to race or compete in any challenges pretty much since he came in 3rd in the first LEC. That really must have hurt his pride losing to 2 mustangs. LOL
Where do you even come up with this ****?

You want to set this race up or stip all day?

If I gave a **** about stock times I would have put my mickeys on instead of running on stock 225s

You're welcome to zoot that C4 up and come get some of the fox or any GM 5.0/5.7 liter variation from the 80s of your choosing
So now snake all of a sudden don't give a **** about stock times after he got his *** handed to him

I'm your huckleberry with a c4 bitch. I think i can get to 11s with bolt ons. If not then i know i can get to your times cam only.

Your c4 would be a good run for snake now. I mean he does get beat by 12 sec cars. So a lbo low 13 c4 should give him a decent run with his max effort h/c fox.

It's no surprise stock the 86s weren't ringers because they came with the worst factory heads ever on a Mustang. You know this, though.

I had no intention of keeping it stock. The bottom line is if you have a manual 305 car and want to run side by side with me, you're doing more intensive work than I did. I bought off the shelf parts and a little baby cam with duration in the 220s/low 230s.

Refer to my statement about all the good running 305 cars you hear about
All the heads from furd was ****. It's why when you want a furd to run you get rid of the furd.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Look at Formula 5000 cars for about 1967 to 1974... There is a fair pattern of success. And those "5000cc" motors laid out 450 to 650 hp on gas and Mechanical injection.. Of course ht cars weighed 1200 lbs.. (E-ticket ride... )
Old 07-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Bring that ******* C4 on, dugless. I'm sure it weighs 2700lbs by now, I don't give a ****

It'd be just another case of a smaller motor Mustang ******* up a bigger motor 2 seater vette. Pretty common ****.

Thanks Mike. I know you were just giving me **** because you have to.

Doug, don't **** around on Nathan's heads. They have potential with good valvetrain and fixed port alignment. Treat them like they're GM heads

Quick Reply: 305 vs 302